GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 8

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 145 comments
I see some people are having a hard time getting another DTM car to shoot with. I tried running the Family Cup about 20 times without success, even adjusting difficulty. Then I tried the Race Meeting. Using an Opel myself, I could get a DTM opponent 1 in 3 tries.

So there you have it... if Family Cup isn't working for you, try a Race Meeting.

I found it to be no bother either, just go into original circuits, Apricot hill and choose race meeting, I was using the Audi TT-R and successfully came up with suitable opponents, even gathering three DTM cars for one photo but it was too crowded and didn't give the sense of a DTM battle.

PunkRock
Yes, there's a Supra in the upper left corner, and no, I don't care.

The roof of the Audi in my entry pic is blocking out three cars, none of them DTMs. :) I call it selective framing.

It's a bummer the game doesn't usually throw more DTM's into the mix... I got the Opel to show up in Arcade mode after just a couple tries. I also had to bump the difficulty down a bit to get it to show, I kept ending up with JGTC grids.

Anyone else find the opel Astra tourer to be a bit of a pig compared to the rest of the car models? certainly in all of the pictures I have taken it looks really rough, but maybe that's just in comparison to the curvy TT.

Withdrawing my first entry... made one better. sorry for any problems, but my new one i think is 100x better. ill just make a new post in the thread. peace

LandoAWD
Ishar

Current Status:

Post properly!

Excuse me, I didnt ask for anyone to pick for me, I said I havent decided yet, and would like some comments on my pics. I havent taken many pics, I've looked over the thread about taking pics, but would like some comments on if I am doing something majorly wrong. I want to be able to take the best photo. I have never asked for anyone to pic for me, so I have posted properly.

That is, unless your asking me to post them sideways instead of down the page.

EDIT: And the way I got the DTM cars was in arcade mode, set the level to -2 and came up with 3 DTM cars (but thats including my own) I didnt get a pic with the other because it decided to have around the rally cars instead of me.

HUDSONJONES
FINAL ENTRY

please don't have a go at me for using the "overused" backfire shot...just realy liked the pic :)

couldnt do that, its actually good use of it for once, instead of people zooming in on the backfire & just gettin that in the shot, it should add to hte shot, not be the shot, & thats just waht you did, nice pic.

My final entry was on this page, but I have moved it to another page because I changed my mind, so now it is on page 7!:)

how are you supposed to take photos of several cars. I just don't undrestand how.

Can some please clue me in

mrplo
how are you supposed to take photos of several cars. I just don't undrestand how.

Can some please clue me in
*Clue #1* - Read one of the dozen FAQs found here, or search.
*Clue #2* - Look in my siggy.

;)

Transferred all my pics from last night onto my brand new Max Drive :) , but I they are only accessible as .max files and so I can't post them today... 👎 :grumpy: Does anyone know if you can use the Max Drive to transfer the actual .jpeg files, or will I have to use my USB stick that I borrow from work...? Most irritating since the Max Drive is a USB stick itself... doesn't it allow you to use it as a regular flash drive?

Touring Mars
Transferred all my pics from last night onto my brand new Max Drive :) , but I they are only accessible as .max files and so I can't post them today... 👎 :grumpy: Does anyone know if you can use the Max Drive to transfer the actual .jpeg files, or will I have to use my USB stick that I borrow from work...? Most irritating since the Max Drive is a USB stick itself... doesn't it allow you to use it as a regular flash drive?
I tried to extract the files inside .max
it doesn't contain any jpeg files
so you better borrow a usb from work

franz
I tried to extract the files inside .max
it doesn't contain any jpeg files
so you better borrow a usb from work

Thanks... I feared that might be the case... bloody annoying that you can't use it as a regular flash drive. Still, I need it for the WRS (he says optimistically! :sly: ... if I ever get a podium finish!)

good working guys. good working. I'm wondering to enter one myself but I think i will not do it. Wouldn't be cool :yuck:

Cheers :) 👎

edit: oopss, tat needed to be 👍 , lol

DiabolicalMask

By the end of the week I'll have one of these marked as my Final Entry (and hosted on ImageShack).
I haven't decided yet.

i think we have a winner here....... just pick the right one!! those mercedes ones are so realistic...good job!! 👍

Touring Mars
Thanks... I feared that might be the case... bloody annoying that you can't use it as a regular flash drive. Still, I need it for the WRS (he says optimistically! :sly: ... if I ever get a podium finish!)
I use HDD, so I can use FTP to transfer save to my computer and convert to any format .. I have CB as well ... but my disc can't load all the times, stupid lens
sorry off topic ....

Just to clarify...

Whats the rules on changing your Final Entry once youve posted it? For example, if my Final Entry post shows an edit as been done will I be DQ'd or can I change it anytime up until the due date?

If Im stuck thats cool, but I would venture to say Im not the only one who's wondered this.

FINAL ENTRY

First time competitor :) Figured I'd try a kind of crash picture, since not many people have done that...

Easy$$
Just to clarify...

Whats the rules on changing your Final Entry once youve posted it? For example, if my Final Entry post shows an edit as been done will I be DQ'd or can I change it anytime up until the due date?

If Im stuck thats cool, but I would venture to say Im not the only one who's wondered this.
I would prefer if you would delete the one from your previous post and post a new post your new final entry. I know the people that pick the top 20, will make a list and make revisions to it, rather than wait until the end of the week and then it just gets overlooked.

Slick6
I would prefer if you would delete the one from your previous post and post a new post your new final entry. I know the people that pick the top 20, will make a list and make revisions to it, rather than wait until the end of the week and then it just gets overlooked.

Thanks, thats what I needed to know. I appreciate it. 👍

Back