GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 8

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 145 comments
speedthrill
Some good some less good. And Easy SS, you changed the colors, but not in the way i like it :ill:

Well....If youd like I can printscreen the history of the PSD file and post it. Someone pointed out, in my original final entry, my unallowed use of sharpen. Which I failed to realize wasnt allowed. Hence the reason Ive posted my current entry using only the allowed methods. Nothing was used but levels and brightness /contrast...sorry if you seem to think otherwise my friend.

I just got my replacement USB drive in the mail today (my first one broke in less then a week) so hopefully I can get a good enough shot to enter soon.

speedthrill
no need to repost when you edited them cheez...

I'm not a mongol or something. I'm looking now through the whole thread.

Some good some less good. And Easy SS, you changed the colors, but not in the way i like it :ill:

:) 👍
Good luck guys.

I have now picked out 13 that are surely going to be seen in the final round :) , but i'm not going to tell you guys who.
And 6 Maybe's. Wondering how many will enter a pic in the last day.

I'm not a mogul either but I have seen and been part of racing for more than 30 years and there are only a few pics entered that could come close to being "realistic". Most of them look like they are a video still. I know that's what they are but I thought the point was for them NOT to look like that. The one thing that I'm seeing in this thread is a lot of the same pics hashed and rehashed. Looks to me that almost half of the pics posted for this comp could possibly be the same "shot" from a different angle. If I were judging this thing (which I know I'm not and probably never will) I would toss about half of the entries for un-originality. Yes, the quality of the ones entrered is FAR better than I could ever hope to produce. But, come on guys how about some originality. There are a few that show some originality. felix2107's entry for example. That pic is one of if not the most original pics in the lot. Just out of curiousity Speedthrill, you say that Easy$$ changed the colors not sure what you mean by that because the colors look dead on to me. The last time I saw Red Bull colors in real life there isn't any noticable difference and the same with the Alfa (Yes, I have seen both in real life). So it seems to me that that statement is unjust. If you use the right filters and such in Photoshop you can produce an awsome looking picture. It's all in knowing how. So, I don't think it's just to say someone has done something that can't be done within the "rules" just because they know HOW to use those tools to achieve the fullest effect that the particular tools can produce.

I'll probably get flamed for this post since I'm not entered and even if I did, I wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in a hot place. But, I just felt compelled to put in my two (or three) cents worth.

And to all those that have entered....GOOD LUCK! :)

In reply to Swissbear's comments about the pics not being realistic, this is entirely true, but the Photomode comps (both this one and the Drift comp) are not about producing realistic pics, they are an artistic competition with pics based around a given theme.

If anybody is interested in what real motorsport photography looks like, I highly recommend the shots of the V8Supercars series held here in Australia.
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/Photogallery/photoeventopt.asp?ind=M

Well, I'm new here, but my opinion on Swissbear's post, specifically when he says that each entrant should make full use of the tools availiable to them (basically advocating fuller photoshop uses) is that such a suggestion is a bad thing. Mainly because not everyone has photoshop skills, let alone photoshop itself (IE: me). Plus, this competition revolves around the photomode of gran turismo 4 and the images we are able to produce using the tools therein. Just my 2 cents, i hope that didn't come off as confrontational... just expressing my hope that we keep the rules as-is, or else i (and i assume several others) would not be able to compete with the photoshop-gifted people. peace

Swissbear
I'm not a mogul either but I have seen and been part of racing for more than 30 years and there are only a few pics entered that could come close to being "realistic". Most of them look like they are a video still. I know that's what they are but I thought the point was for them NOT to look like that. The one thing that I'm seeing in this thread is a lot of the same pics hashed and rehashed. Looks to me that almost half of the pics posted for this comp could possibly be the same "shot" from a different angle. If I were judging this thing (which I know I'm not and probably never will) I would toss about half of the entries for un-originality. Yes, the quality of the ones entrered is FAR better than I could ever hope to produce. But, come on guys how about some originality. There are a few that show some originality. felix2107's entry for example. That pic is one of if not the most original pics in the lot. Just out of curiousity Speedthrill, you say that Easy$$ changed the colors not sure what you mean by that because the colors look dead on to me. The last time I saw Red Bull colors in real life there isn't any noticable difference and the same with the Alfa (Yes, I have seen both in real life). So it seems to me that that statement is unjust. If you use the right filters and such in Photoshop you can produce an awsome looking picture. It's all in knowing how. So, I don't think it's just to say someone has done something that can't be done within the "rules" just because they know HOW to use those tools to achieve the fullest effect that the particular tools can produce.

I'll probably get flamed for this post since I'm not entered and even if I did, I wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in a hot place. But, I just felt compelled to put in my two (or three) cents worth.

And to all those that have entered....GOOD LUCK! :)

speechless.............................................

It's fun eh guys, winning a competition.

I know what you mean now. { this is directed to Dori san and Franz)

simps984
Well, I'm new here, but my opinion on Swissbear's post, specifically when he says that each entrant should make full use of the tools availiable to them (basically advocating fuller photoshop uses) is that such a suggestion is a bad thing. Mainly because not everyone has photoshop skills, let alone photoshop itself (IE: me). Plus, this competition revolves around the photomode of gran turismo 4 and the images we are able to produce using the tools therein. Just my 2 cents, i hope that didn't come off as confrontational... just expressing my hope that we keep the rules as-is, or else i (and i assume several others) would not be able to compete with the photoshop-gifted people. peace

I'm not saying that the rules should be changed or that the comps should cater to the Photoshop crowd. All I meant was that, I didn't think it was cool to make an assumtion about someone's entry/work because it LOOKS like something was done to the pic "illegally". The whole point of my post was to try and advocate the use of originality and not just (what could almost be called) the same "shot" from different angles. If the judging is souly based on the "crispness", or whatever you want to call the Photoshop cleaned up files, then the whole comp is a farce. I think that the judging should be based on content, originality and presentation. Not whether or not someone used Photoshop for this or that effect. I know that this week's comp is somewhat limited because of seems to be a ver specific theme but, I'm sure that there are several original ways to present the entries.

I hope I'm not sounding like a instigator of a war of words. I just think that ALL entries should be given the same attention whether they are "Photoshoped" or not. And maybe even ask to prove what the entrant did to the pic using Photoshop and that way there wouldn't be any of this "I think you did this or that using Photoshop" it would be clear whether or not the photo was touched up "illegally".

This is'nt customary of myself, but Ohh geez, which one do I pick? Don't worry, I am not asking of you all's opinion or for you to pick one for me! I am just at a loss with which one I should pick... It's gonna be one of these two, or make that three...

FINAL ENTRY! :bowdown: Thankyou Slick6!

http://img205.echo.cx/my.php?image=19hx.jpg

A few others...

440 CHARGER
This is'nt customary of myself, but Ohh geez, which one do I pick? Don't worry, I am not asking of you all's opinion or for you to pick one for me! I am just at a loss with which one I should pick... It's gonna be one of these two, or make that three...

So I should have it figured out by the deadline, but in the meantime I will just ponder.....

Oh, and here are 2 more I liked BTW:

blah 👎

j/k :) :sly: 👍 #3 is your best one

BTW am I the only one glad to see some judge input during the competition?

Great idea for a contest this week. DTM is my favourite motorsport series, easily the best touring car series in the world and PD did a good job of representing the cars from over the years. Here's my final entry with last years victorious Audi A4 and the 93 champion Alfa 155.....

FINAL ENTRY

franz
I don't get it ... :nervous:

lol franz, i didn't ment it that kinda way.

I was just trying to say that being the one who chooses the next week entry's and theme brings a lot with it that isn't that much fun.
Guys face it. I'm the one that chooses here on this moment. That's all and i'm trying to live up to that.

speedthrill
lol franz, i didn't ment it that kinda way.

I was just trying to say that being the one who chooses the next week entry's and theme brings a lot with it that isn't that much fun.
Guys face it. I'm the one that chooses here on this moment. That's all and i'm trying to live up to that.

oh ... that's right
It takes lots of time when you use some strange theme
when I picking the top20, I organized all the pictures and rating each one of them, then look for the higher score list ...
just like this ... took me an hour to get the job done
however ... it is nice to have it once in a lifetime ... not twice

this is the best example how impecabley acurate GT4 is, if you look at the backfiring og the alfa you would notice that not all exhaust back fired which show's that programers even took into consideration the timing of the pistons in the engine when animating the anti lag backfire. simply amazing..........
borrowed this picture from some member, thank you for your understanding.

http://img254.echo.cx/my.php?image=256fm.jpg

Back