GT4-RaceSeat

• Thread starter njesper
  • 135 comments
smellysocks12
Looks cool... but I bet you pissed off a Lotus owner by jacking his logo off his car... haha.

By the way, did you have any time to play the game at all while building your cockpit?

Hehehe... no actually, as written in my post, I got it as a gift, from my girlfriends mothers husband. He's got a beautiful lotus super seven, and a couple of other sportscars. :)

Concerning playing the game: Yes, a little bit, but much more now :)

Best regards,
Jesper

OwMyGod looks Extraordinary!! 👍 👍 👍

I'm having fun with my Gt4 + DFP but i wish i had build a seat + a screen like that.. :dopey:

nice done.

-Max

edit: allright I had to show you my uber cool super racing seat on my girlfriends room :crazy:
now you can say ow I'm glad I put some time in it ;)

GT4_setup.jpg

I have a Marshall MG50DFX Guitar Amp, would that work? I don't wanna have to take it apart though (It wasn't cheap!)

DMotion
OwMyGod looks Extraordinary!! 👍 👍 👍

I'm having fun with my Gt4 + DFP but i wish i had build a seat + a screen like that.. :dopey:

nice done.

-Max

edit: allright I had to show you my uber cool super racing seat on my girlfriends room :crazy:
now you can say ow I'm glad I put some time in it ;)

That is actually ONE COOL SETUP! I like it hehe :)

Best regards,
Jesper

Thirdeye
I have a Marshall MG50DFX Guitar Amp, would that work? I don't wanna have to take it apart though (It wasn't cheap!)

Well, I dono. But if its an amp, I reckon it'l work.
Try asking where you buy the vibrator.

Best regards,
Jesper :)

Thats pretty damn cool if you ask me. I wouldn't mind one.

Can you build one for me? ;)

frex has a new "box" which allows you to hook up tachometers and such but i think right now it is only available for the pc. hopefully they will come out with one for the dfp. again, awesome job on ur cockpit...i think im gonna begin building one really soon!

venomGT4
frex has a new "box" which allows you to hook up tachometers and such but i think right now it is only available for the pc. hopefully they will come out with one for the dfp. again, awesome job on ur cockpit...i think im gonna begin building one really soon!

I know about the box, but still I am very curious about anybody who have heard about how to derrive realtime data from the PS2 :)

VenomGT4: go ahead and build one. I am a CGI-animator, and building this sim was a thrill in itself. Needed to work with something physical in the real world, instead of all those polygons, just disappearing everytime, I turned off my workstation.

Nice zen-experience! :dopey:
Jesper

Looks really nice!

good job!

one thing missing....a seat belt....I have one for mine and it makes a difference...it adds to the realism...like the real thing, it keep you thight

Here's mine, gone for all out BLUE, seat's BMW leather, 5 speakers & sub.

To do: blue neon underlights, tactile transponder

Attachments

• SEAT close.jpg
    SEAT close.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 129
  • SEAT top back.jpg
    SEAT top back.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 96
  • SEAT chrome struts.jpg
    SEAT chrome struts.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 121
  • SEAT far.jpg
    SEAT far.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 183
Cheers jesper, I'm a bit like you, always wanting to change some small detail so that it's "just so", definately going to sort out some LED lights of some kind as well. 👍

Gary, yeah it takes GT4 to another level, you really should attempt a cockpit.
Jespers must be awsome to "RIDE". :)
jOe

hmmm i have the thought of making one !! but i dont have the money for the DFP wheel !! :( its like 800 - 900 DKK witch is a bit expensiv for a wheel :( and then the seat and the wood that comes on top of that makes the project a bit expensiv :( and i dont have a job right now so no $$$$ for me :(

njesper
Let's just face it, they could just have sold that game bundled with DFP from the start, hehe.
You can see the beginning of the driving-shaft-wall in MDF, behind the wheel.

They do sell the game and DFP in a bundle package =D(with rebate)..... I just recently bought a ps2 gt4+dfp all at once :D.... Im looking forward to making a bucket seat for my gt4 also lol... wish me luck :D and congrats

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4328755?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Back