Gt4 Release Date

  • Thread starter Thread starter lil_viper
  • 665 comments
  • 48,747 views
Polyphony001
Not intending tobe a showoff technohead here, but though the basic staement of your post is correct

A dvd holds 4.7GB of data, not 4.9
A bluray disc typically will typically hold about 23.5GB of data, however, the PS3 ones will be a maximum of 21 or so. As for the hard disk that would make sense, as where is there to put a HDD in a ps2 anyway?
No, nothing is in stone, just yet. Sony is still working on the details, but will have a decision coming out soon. The BD, Blu-ray device, will be a ROM only BD, and not the recordable kind, that much is known. That means, you wont be able to store any info, like game saves, etc, or use it as a recorder of any type. The clip below was from a Blu-ray info site, and they were talking about how the ROM only version of the BD was not yet complete. They also said that Sony stated that this final version of ROM only BD device will be the driver that will go in the PS3.

"Founders (BDF), who also announced that they are in the process of finalizing the read-only version of the Blu-ray Disc format (BD-ROM) which they expect to be finished by September 30, 2004."
 
cudadude2
i dont know if its big enough, but isnt there a big opening in the back behind a pop out plate?

b

It fits in the open space behind the network adapter... Also, I was under the impression that the PS2 hardrive was bundled with Final Fantasy XI... I remember seeing it at my local Gamespot...

Wasn't there a HDD released for PS2 with that last edition of Final Fantasy?

There we go... I knew I wasn't crazy...

You see, it fits just behind the network adapter (attaches to it)... I'm sure someone around here has it....


;)
 
yes Final Fantasy XI did come with an hard drive. You take out the network adapter then you put the HDD on the network adapter then the whole unit sides back into the PS2. All that is left to do is screw back in the Network adapter
 
djcivic
yes Final Fantasy XI did come with an hard drive. You take out the network adapter then you put the HDD on the network adapter then the whole unit sides back into the PS2. All that is left to do is screw back in the Network adapter

That's what i thought... So what's all this nonsense about the HDD not being out?...


;)
 
I think those guys were talking about Europe?!

I don't think we got that game... and therefore we didn't get the HDD!!!

C.
 
Well that sucks big hairy balls.

C.
 
PD are probably developing something new to fit into the space on the dvd disc, that has been left after the removal of online play.
 
Or like Forza they are still signing up licences.
 
Polyphony001
A dvd holds 4.7GB of data, not 4.9
A bluray disc typically will typically hold about 23.5GB of data, however, the PS3 ones will be a maximum of 21 or so. As for the hard disk that would make sense, as where is there to put a HDD in a ps2 anyway?

Just thought I'd point out that most commercial DVDs these days are dual-layered.. meaning that number jumps to 9.4GB. Blu-Ray discs also have a dual-layered variety, taking it's storage limit over 50GB. I read 53GB or somewhere thereabouts, but I can't remember where. I think it's the HD-DVD that holds 15-20GB per layer. We don't know if PD is using dual-layer for GT4 or not. I'm guessing they didn't use it for GT3.
 
FFXI was just released in europe 18 days ago

both PS2 and Windows format.
 
Hyde
FFXI was just released in europe 18 days ago

both PS2 and Windows format.

Well, DUDE, I don't think FFXI has seen an European PS2 release, and I very much doubt it ever will.
 
cudadude2
i dont know if its big enough, but isnt there a big opening in the back behind a pop out plate?

b

Yep thats where the HDD goes, its got a label on it called expansion bay.

If anyone is interested you can actually put in a standard 120Gb drive.

HDD Compatability Chart
 
Well, what are you going to do, eh? Jump off a cliff? :)

GT3 wasn't dual layered (at 3.5GB)
GT4 would be i'm expecting, being 5 times the size of Gt3, hence needing more than just 2 DVD discs, 2 dual layers is pushing it!

Blurays for the PS3 will apparently be 21GB and dual layers will be about 40 apparently. There are 25/50 gigabyte capacities however sony arnt using them apparently... Apparently... Apparently... man, i need some new vocabulary!!!
 
"GT4 - Nov. 14
MGS3 - Nov. 15"

omfg, im gonna get hit by a car on nov 13th, i just know it
 
Nemo
"GT4 - Nov. 14
MGS3 - Nov. 15"

omfg, im gonna get hit by a car on nov 13th, i just know it

GT4=Dec 14
 
oh, yeah i forgot about the december thingy, my current mindset is that its never coming, but i just look forward to hearing more about it.
 
Nemo
oh, yeah i forgot about the december thingy, my current mindset is that its never coming, but i just look forward to hearing more about it.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. 👍 So I won't be stressed out thinking about it.
 
I don't mind if GT4 is held back until into next year. I'd much rather PD hold back and perfect the game rather than release a flawed rushed version ...
 
I agree with "do you race" 100% here, ill wait, i just want a perfect game (or close to) and i want online
 
I saw on a French website today that GT4 was now scheduled for a december 20th release in Europe. But does the december 14th date for America still stands?

See ya :sly:
 
Does anyone remember when GT3 was first released, what month it was.
Just seems to me that a US release for Thanksgiving weekend would be more logical from a marketing standpoint. December 14th for USA, by that time most people have baught the majority of their Xmas gifts. They would sale alot more GT4 copies if it was released thanksgiving. I know GT3 was released well before Xmas just do not remember exactly when. The only reason I could think to wait until mid December to release it, is that they want to keep adding and fine-tuning as much as possible until perhaps mid November.

Another question if you order the game would it arrive on the Dec 14th ( assuming that is the correct date of release for Noth America ) or would it usually take a few days for it to arrive. Guess what I am trying to say is, if you order it would it get to you any sooner then it would get to stores ?
 
Nemo
"GT4 - Nov. 14
MGS3 - Nov. 15"

omfg, im gonna get hit by a car on nov 13th, i just know it

Been living under a rock have you?
 
Obviously...
December 13th though, unlucky for some... Shame its not a friday though to complete the superstition.
 
Back