Gt4 Release Date

  • Thread starter Thread starter lil_viper
  • 665 comments
  • 48,751 views
I'd never thought of that? Hmmm, how much does it cost?

Actually no, scrap that, i've just started my A-levels!!
 
super supra
:D s.h.i.t "will" happen. i think ill go and hide somewhere...but where :dunce:

You might as well hide with the rest of us... in San Andreas ;)
 
lo, this ain't hearsay. the latest i got is december 15th
 
It seems some sites are completely untrustworthy when it comes to release dates. Amazon UK has GT4 for the 25th February 2005! Amazon UK
This may not be of interest to our friends accross the pond but here in old Blighty....this had better be wrong! :grumpy:

PS I've looked on a dozen other sites and no-one else mentions this date. How can Amazon be so wrong!? Are they expecting the date to slip again?
I am expecting GT4 to be out in the UK around the 17th December. But it's so :dunce: to put that date on their site.....
 
3rd or 4th in Japan and the US ( i think)
and 13th or 14th in Europe
 
Well, I've looked in Amazon, and the release date seems to be December 14th, 2004...
At least we know it's in December...(and hopefully, this year)
 
Actually that is not true, if you follow 'slackbladder' link, it will say feb 2005.....

But amazon is also bragging about the online play on the same page.......



👎
 
k2racer
Actually that is not true, if you follow 'slackbladder' link, it will say feb 2005.....

But amazon is also bragging about the online play on the same page.......



👎
Uhmm, yeah, but I was reffering to Amazon US, not UK...
Look here...
 
Amazon sucks.
Don't ever trust them with realese dates.
 
I got an e-mail from cdwow where I pre-ordered GT4 that they had been advised that the international releasedate for GT4 is the 20th of December.
 
I trust very few sites for releas dates...but how many trust Amazon's? I just thought it was irresponsible.. It could put people off. However, I'd guess that closer to release in Dec Amazon will change the date,but how many pre-orders will they have lost?
Most places I've looked have the date set from between 1/12/04 to 17/12/04.

One question though, obvioulsy it is pretty important to get the game out in the US and Europe before Christmas, but why Japan so much? Though some Japanese do kinda have a Christmas the tradition of exchanging gifts really isn't that important. New Year on the other hand is. Hmm...would it be easier to release GT4 in the US and Europe without worrying about the Japanese release date? Or would that be bad for Sony's reputation?

Just a thought! :)
 
slackbladder
I trust very few sites for releas dates...but how many trust Amazon's? I just thought it was irresponsible.. It could put people off. However, I'd guess that closer to release in Dec Amazon will change the date,but how many pre-orders will they have lost?
Most places I've looked have the date set from between 1/12/04 to 17/12/04.

One question though, obvioulsy it is pretty important to get the game out in the US and Europe before Christmas, but why Japan so much? Though some Japanese do kinda have a Christmas the tradition of exchanging gifts really isn't that important. New Year on the other hand is. Hmm...would it be easier to release GT4 in the US and Europe without worrying about the Japanese release date? Or would that be bad for Sony's reputation?

Just a thought! :)
That's a good thought there.
 
slackbladder
One question though, obvioulsy it is pretty important to get the game out in the US and Europe before Christmas, but why Japan so much? Though some Japanese do kinda have a Christmas the tradition of exchanging gifts really isn't that important. New Year on the other hand is. Hmm...would it be easier to release GT4 in the US and Europe without worrying about the Japanese release date? Or would that be bad for Sony's reputation?

Just a thought! :)

Whilst Japan does not have an official holiday on Dec 25th and the majority of the population do not celebrate Christmas as a religious festival, they do celebrate it as a commercial venture. The exchanging of presents takes place on Christmas eve and is very common in Japan. It is very important for Sony to get the Japan version of GT4 out in time for the Christmas rush (at the expense of online mode ;) )

Nearly 50 percent of Sony's game revenues come from Christmas shopping alone, the company said.

"The Christmas season is very important. It can make or break our entire sales," said another Sony spokesman who declined to be named.

The group is no stranger to the frenzy of Christmas toy crazes, and was single-handedly responsible for the Tamagotchi virtual pet mayhem that created half-mile queues outside Japanese, US and British toyshops in 1996.
Heres a nice pic of Osaka at Christmas just to show its no different to any other city at that time of year :)
 

Attachments

  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 29
DO you think they mean Gran Turismo Online? I didn't think an official release date had been posted for that, though...
 
... untill I read the first posts on this forum ,
coming from people who have this game in their posession before I do ...
I live in Europe , so I won't be the first one to play this piece of art . :(
But I know , I know : patience is a virtue ... :irked: :lol:
 
Whilst Japan does not have an official holiday on Dec 25th and the majority of the population do not celebrate Christmas as a religious festival, they do celebrate it as a commercial venture. The exchanging of presents takes place on Christmas eve and is very common in Japan. It is very important for Sony to get the Japan version of GT4 out in time for the Christmas rush (at the expense of online mode ;))

Yeah, it doesn't really suprise me. I was in Japan near Christmeas some years back and there seemed to be a lot of shopping going on. I assumed it was for New Year. But what bothers me is that if, for whatever reason there's a problem with getting GT4 out in the US, Japan and Europe it will be Europe that will be left out. At least that is what normally happens!
Well, let's hope everything goes smoothly upto release day! But until it is out I'm going to be a little anxious.. :nervous:
 
Was in my local electronics-games shop yesterday(brought Toca 2 couldn't resist) and asked the guy about GT4, he looked on their retail site and the release date was listed as March-April 2005. He said that wasn't a very soild date and that because there are so many highend titles being released this christmas Sony would more than likely hold the game until this date so they have the market all to themselves. Now i'm really nervous. Should I be? What do you guys think of this? :nervous: :indiff: :nervous:
 
Yesterday's newspaper had a preview of GT4 in it. The guy who wrote it, a dude named Jason Hill, is one of Australia's most respected videogame journalists. He said December 14th 2004, so if we can't trust him, who can we trust? Besides I've asked at K-Mart, Harvey Norman, EB Games, Target and Big W trying to find the best deal on it (all roughly the same) and they've all said December 14th so unless you live in a really isolated place like Tibet, GT4 should be in stores by Christmas.
 
amazon germany just changed the release date to december 31st. but that would be a very odd date, considering the christmas-rush will be over then
:confused:
 
I think they may be preparing for a worst-case scenario: PD pushing the date back further again so it's not released in time for Christmas and then lots of angry gamers attacking Amazon Germany for something they have no control over ...
 
Do you race?
I think they may be preparing for a worst-case scenario: PD pushing the date back further again so it's not released in time for Christmas and then lots of angry gamers attacking Amazon Germany for something they have no control over ...

You're right. Thats a possibility. But then again: That would ruin their sales, because grandma wouldn't try to buy it as a christmas gift
 
I found this yesterday :nervous:

This is the Spanish section of the official playstation.com web. You can see the games schedule... and you can see:

* "Enero 2005" = January 2005 and "También para este cuatrimestre" = Also to this four months (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr)!!! :grumpy:... please, April 2005 nooooot!!! :scared:

* "Juego en red" = Online Game (not marked) :grumpy:

Spain section is in SCEE (Europe) and some days ago they said December 2004
in this same official web


http://es.playstation.com/calendar/releaseCalendar.jhtml?selectedMonth=1&selectedYear=2005&type=2


A hope: "Atención! las fechas de lanzamiento pueden modificarse" = Caution, release dates can modify ... :irked:
 
Back