Gt4 Release Date

• Thread starter lil_viper
  • 665 comments
Originally posted by YZF
I said it long time ago and i'll repeat it: The most probable date is christmas....2004 christmas

Yes, that is what I am saying. They will most likley release it just before Christmas to catch the shopping rush and make a mint.

PD have said ion a few occasions that they wan a simultaniouse release worldwide.

When I researched the GT3 release (that happened BMGT - Before MasterGT), the release date (esp. in Europe) was reset until the very month it got released.

Europe basically got it at the same time as North America. Similtaneous release would be nice, but don't count on it.

PlayStation Europe is the only area that currently has a release month (Sept.), Japan has "2004" and SCEA doesn't even know what GT4 is, so, like I said, don't count on any of that being accurate.

You will most likely play it before Christmas, unless it is wrapped and under a tree.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Sony Europe seems to know. The date was TBA last week as far as I can remember.

I have attached a "print screen" of the info. Those who want to check if it is genuine just have to find the page themself. ;)

Attachments

• gt4_release_date.gif
    gt4_release_date.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 217
Originally posted by tre
Sony Europe seems to know. The date was TBA last week as far as I can remember.

I have attached a "print screen" of the info.

Yes, that was the page that I saw, too. Keep in mind, though, that any current release date info, even from SONY, is not confirmed, in any way.

Don't believe it until the game is in your hands.
That's the SONY way, apparently.

[edit] Oh, and by the way, did you notice they state that only 1-4 players can play? How accurate is the other data, such as the release date?

Cheers,

MasterGT

Maybe theyre planning a 4 player split screen (that doesn't inclu the online obviousley).

Well they said there were gonna do that for 'GT 2000' as it was called then, never happened though :(

Just look @ split screen 2 player in GT3/C the texture resolution drops so low most signs are just blurs. Still I'd prefer that than a loss of frame rate.

I don't think the PS2 could handle GT in 4 player split screen.

Every date is bull ****, until everywhere says the same thing don't count on any being correct.

bigeyes.gif
WHAT!? I got to wait till Sept.? I dont think i can last that long! Im suffering from GT defisit Disorder or something like that cuz my GT3 disc keeps locking up on the race load screen,ya know the one with the flashing white square in the uper left corner. I'll end up looking like this
mummy.gif
or maby this
zombie.gif

well ya see,this is the 2nd disc iv bought and it still does it. o and i got a brand new ps2 to. its one of the 50k ps2's to.

its rather:odd:

Yeah I was at my local Game Stop the other day asking about the GT4 release. The guy said Sept., probly around the same time Halo 2 comes out for the box. Which makes sense to me, sony releasing their kick ass game trying to take some of the attention off of the microsoft boys.
I say expect it the same time as Halo 2...

Back