Gt4 Release Date

• Thread starter lil_viper
  • 665 comments
Sony Europe seems to know. The date was TBA last week as far as I can remember.

I have attached a "print screen" of the info. Those who want to check if it is genuine just have to find the page themself.

Well can you give the site URL. Because I went on old trusty (uumm..yeah) SCEE site and it still says April :irked:.

yeah i went to my local game store to preorder gt4 for 5 bucks and they said july. but i m guessing it will be sometime before christmas along with gta SA!

I can remeber some guy saying his mate went to a shop and was told it would be out in January, and he was adament it would be out in January, oh how wrong was he.

THe release date for GT4 is BOUND to be strategic, so It will either be alongside Halo 2 or at christmas, be it 2004 or 2044. I can only hope that they are putting it back routinely to make the game good. GT2 was very rushed, and as a consequence you couod only enter a NA tuned cup with a turbo car, and various other mistakes. Oh yeah, and the slight matter of not being able to finish the game. PELASE LET THIS BE GOOD. As long as this game comes out before my Pension begins (probably not till im 70, which'll be about 54 years time), I will probably buy it, unless by then I cant play the PS2 through arthritis or something like that.

Originally posted by Polyphony001
GT2 was very rushed, and as a consequence you couod only enter a NA tuned cup with a turbo car, and various other mistakes.
The cars you could enter were right, but if you tried to enter a turbo car into the NA car races it would say you can only use a turbo car for this race, and vice versa with the turbo raceas, the messaagee was mixed up.

Originally posted by z06
i vote gtplanet should have a "guess the right release date and win a prize" contest.
Totally gay. . . We should have a Shut the (the following is closed captioned) Up about the release date and win a prize : )

Originally posted by LoudMusic
How about I release in your mouth?

Hey! Come on, guys - take your trash talk somewhere else.

""I've often found that the people who really know what they're talking about rarely know how to talk." -- Me"

I think you should live by your own words.

MasterGT

Originally posted by miata13B
Totally gay. . . We should have a Shut the (the following is closed captioned) Up about the release date and win a prize : )

you mean censored, not closed captioned. closed captioning is the little words on the tv that pop up in place, or along with, the audio.

TBH, I don't think anyone should really get their hopes up until we see copies on shelves. I've seen this far too many times with games. Take Duke Nukem Forever, Half Life 2 and not forgetting Dakitana.

Cheers

Jamie

according to psm2 magazine it won't be out till November due to problems with the AI (thank god they're working on it! It's nice when people pay attenition to you) and the six - player online mode, which, having no online capabilities (I bought the blasted thing but it doesn't work with either my broadband service (tiscali) or my computer), frankly I don't care. But I guess other people do. Basically peeps, you know the problem in prologue with the AI lining up round corners as in the old games? Kazamm, no more!

Originally posted by deimos
according to psm2 magazine it won't be out till November due to problems with the AI (thank god they're working on it! It's nice when people pay attenition to you) and the six - player online mode, which, having no online capabilities (I bought the blasted thing but it doesn't work with either my broadband service (tiscali) or my computer), frankly I don't care. But I guess other people do. Basically peeps, you know the problem in prologue with the AI lining up round corners as in the old games? Kazamm, no more!

Yep. I just read an article about the new release date, too. Sony are now saying GT4 will be released during the "Holiday Season."

Dec 2003 -> Dec 2004 :lol:

Well uhh atleast they aren't rushing it ;) Should be worth the extra wait though. Would be letdown imo if the AI was as stupid as before.

Originally posted by T5-R
Dec 2003 -> Dec 2004 :lol:

Well uhh atleast they aren't rushing it ;) Should be worth the extra wait though. Would be letdown imo if the AI was as stupid as before.

From what I can tell by playing the Prologue, the AI IMO will still be as stupid as before, playing the Arcade mode is bascially a waste of time; might as well just doing free runs. :irked:

Originally posted by Rocket Punch
From what I can tell by playing the Prologue, the AI IMO will still be as stupid as before, playing the Arcade mode is bascially a waste of time; might as well just doing free runs. :irked:
The news there is that the AI in GT4 is not the same AI running in GT4:P which is essentially the same AI scripting as in GTC, it's all being re-worked for GT4. Whatever you do, don't compare GT4:P to GT4 because an awful lot of the final product will be improved on dramatically.

Well, to be quite honest, there is very little doubt that the game will be released Christmas 2004, OR LATER. I hope that this is not the case, but I also hope that the AI are actually smart, but don't 'cheat'.
What I mean by cheat is:
Same car as you, same spec as you but they still thrash you, even if you're a pro.

Well just the other day I was at EB games at the mall playing around with the toyota editon gt4 demo. The guy that worked there said he couldn't sell it to me yet or he'd get in trouble, but I just told him I could get it on ebay for a few bucks. Anyway, he told me that GT4 will be released in a two-disc set. So I'm assuming there will be two dvds one for arcade and one for simulation?

I just saw in EB games the GT4 box featuring the picture of the yellow corvette in the New York City Track. Coming Soon??:confused:

Theres been a pic of a yellow corvette on the New York track out for some time so its likely they just used that pic for a box to promote preorders of the game.

With a bit of luck we will hopefully get it before xmas.

Originally posted by usernamed
great...:banghead:

Well see it like this, some sites stated it's release for 2005, so anything before that and it's ok, the game can't get any worse by putting in more cars and tracks now can it?

Back