GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
Least favorite track: Tsukuba. Too short, not scenic enough.

I love New York, Hong Kong, and both Paris tracks. They all just seem special to me, since I've been to each of those places (except Hong Kong).

However, none of those tracks can match La Sarthe 1(chicaned). I like chicaned over unchicaned because on the chicaned track, the Muslanne straight is actually challenging. You actually have to think while going down it before each of the chicanes. On 2, it seems like you simply blast down the straight, without having to think about anything until the end.

I really hate montinegi (sp?) The sides of the track are way to open, there's nothing to remember the breaking points for the corners by. All the bends are also extremely tight making it more of a 'stop, turn sharp bend, accelerate' course.

I also like El Capitan, the only bit I have a problem with is the Long 180 left hander near the start. I have to be really careful no to misjudge the breaking, because for some how the shadows in the trees just after the bend make the bend look like it's further away.

Wow, I love Hong Kong ... I had a time when I'd test all of my new cars there, from fast through to fairly slow. I would agree that it's not the most .... thrilling? ... but it's precise and should be deceptively fast.

I can find something enjoyable about all of the tracks. El Capitan is fantastic - lots of elevation changes. That and the Infineon Raceway tracks are the best additions to the GT series evAr.

Some tracks I tolerate - Motegi is tolerable, although the full version is pap. Too "same-y". Fuji I can get by with, 2005 F for preference. Suzuka is passable. Opera Paris is a laugh, although George V is a bit dreary.

The rally tracks are a bit gash. Swiss Alps was always my least favourite, although it's not SO bad now. Cathedral Rocks is... no comment. Grand Canyon is same-y, Whistler is too short, Chamonix is too long. Costa di Amalfa and Citta di Aria are nice though.

All except for ONE track. Tsukuba.

Straight bit. Sharp right. Straight bit. Sharp left. Straight bit, kink, straight bit. Sharp right. Straight bit. End.

It's featureless, there's no change in elevation, it's almost totally lacking in colour or character. In fact it seems less like a race track than an opportunity to do some linked drifts. It may be a REAL track, but that doesn't mean I've got to like it because some chimp paid to lay the tarmac.

I love the Ring but it is so freaking hard to get a fast, clean lap around there so at the moment that is my least favorite track

Famine

All except for ONE track. Tsukuba.

Straight bit. Sharp right. Straight bit. Sharp left. Straight bit, kink, straight bit. Sharp right. Straight bit. End.

It's featureless, there's no change in elevation, it's almost totally lacking in colour or character. In fact it seems less like a race track than an opportunity to do some linked drifts. It may be a REAL track, but that doesn't mean I've got to like it because some chimp paid to lay the tarmac.

forgot the left before the last hairpin

kjb
I can't stand Hong Kong. It dislike how small it is and the fact there is only one place to open it up.
I can't stand Hong Kong while you do the World GT Championship, traction is definitely an issue.

Tsukuba - oooooh so booooring
Fuji 2005 - I dunno I just hate it (80s & 90s are alright)
Infineon - I liked this in Race Driver, but not in GT4 :guilty:
Hong Kong - Even the B Spec drivers hate it.
New York - I used to like this in GT : P, now its boooring.
High Speed Ring - Once a favourite track, its now as exciting to look at as concrete. Oh wait it is entirely concrete.
Le Mans - Whilst parts are ok, I don't like it.
George V Paris - Just don't like it.
All the dirt rally tracks - boring.
All the ice rally tracks except Chamonix (Which I like sort of).

Probably some more, its a pity they've made some tracks more generic like Deep Forest which used to seem quite enclosed & High Speed Ring, oh dear. I actually like Opera Paris (day time one), certainly better than Rome. There are too many variations of some tracks it just makes it confusing & reminds me of the number filling game.

All the Japanese tracks suck, bad scenery, boring layout, just DULL!

They should have done more ORIGINAL tracks

I think they changed Grand Valley too much, they ruined several sections of it :(

fuji speedway 05 really ticks me off

hong kong is just...annoying

other than that theyre all great. i can get a perfect lap on grand valley since im so used to it, along with autumn ring

edit: they also changed high speed ring a bit too much too. it doesnt feel the same now as it did in GT1

To me, all dirt & ice tracks and the races that go with`em. Suzuka, Tsukuba, & certainly Motegi :yuck: in any form. Not a real big fan of Nurburgring either. Just because it`s long & German doesn`t necessarily mean it`s great. Love Laguna Seca 👍 , although it looks a bit sterile IMO. Was better in GT2 & 3.

i used to hate laguna seca. its alrite now

dont diss nurburg! its technically challenging to say the least, and fun for a lap.

youre right with motegi though. bloody hate it more than fuji05

Hong Kong, horrible track, like an uglier more boring version of SS R11 and I hated that.
Tokyo, couldn't stand it in GT3, can't stand it in GT4 there's just no rhythm to the track and it's very boring.

Actually, I can't stand any of the city tracks, apart from Opera Paris which is ok for slower cars.

the only track I dislike is New York - straight, 90, 90, straight, 90, 90, 90, 90, 90, 90, 90, straight, omg a curve! straight...

I also find it difficult to line up the apexes from a distance on this map, some of them appear quite indistinct.

Klonie Gun
What track in GT4 do you really don't like to race in? I say Nurburgring Nordschleife for me because that track is WAY too long and the turns are quite unpredictable and unforgiving for faster cars. It gets worse if I choose the number of laps at an incredibly high level, say about more than 15 and I am beat. This track really puts me under pressure

WOW...I can't believe your whining about the greatest track ever created!!!! The turns are actually quite predictable for the most part if you know what you're looking for and how to drive right. Then again, many are not lol :dunce: As for putting you under pressure, YEAH that's exactly what the track does and thats what makes it SO fun! Anyway, my least fav. track is...hmmmm...Motegi short version....like the really short version. It sucks!!! Otherwise, no complaints! 👍

I hate suzuki. That track puts me to sleep.

My 2 favorites would have to be the Ring and Infinion (Sports Car Course). About 6-8 years ago nascar used to race that part of the course and I liked it a lot better, now they just take the other route.... Boring..

Back