GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
@Thread-Opener: You can't drive Nordschleife? Then you have to learn to drive. If you don't understand the meaning of braking and ideal lines, then you should quit this game. If you get older and more mature, you'll see that tracks like Nordschleife, Infineon, El Capitan, Suzuka are really challenging!
Try a RUF on the Nordschleife and just enjoy it driving sideways 👍

Worst: Motorland
2nd Worst: Tsukuba
3rd " : Fuji 2005 (only because I can't ever see where Im going!)
4th '' : Montegi West Short Course (or is it east...?)

I love most of the city courses, although Kong Kong is probably the worst city course. Opera Paris is a lot of fun, I've got the course layout down pretty good. El Capitan is one of my favorites, I even won a 171 pt race on it in my little Ginetta G4 against the best British cars in the British GT Championship!

I've said it before elsewhere, I'll say it again. Tsukuba. As tedious as tax code and only slightly less enjoyable than colonoscopy.

I'm not a big fan of any version of Fuji, though I don't outright hate it.

I think Sukuza rocks. Very technical and challenging.

I understand the lack of love for tracks like Hong Kong and New York, but I always find something to like about the city courses. They are harder to master than their simple layouts suggest. Everytime I think I've gotten everything I could out of them, there is more time to be found.

I'm baffled why anyone would not enjoy either El Capitan or the Nordscheife. They are two of the most interesting tracks in the game.

M

///M-Spec
I understand the lack of love for tracks like Hong Kong and New York, but I always find something to like about the city courses. They are harder to master than their simple layouts suggest. Everytime I think I've gotten everything I could out of them, there is more time to be found.
M

Wholeheartedly(sic) agree. I love the city tracks. Winning at Hong Kong is infinitely better than winning at somewhere like Apricot Hill. The secret is in the set up for city tracks. Go soft folks, it makes a huge difference.

The Nurburgring Is A Beast With 140+ turns, i hate(Na hate is too strong lets say, "Least Favorite"). My "Least Favorite" is the Ring it just cus its over 12 miles of nonstop turns and by the end of the race my contacts Lenses are like Pringles All Crispy and weird shaped(yea, the chips, cus they burn my eyes so bad from keepin them open for 9+ min)also my eyes feel like they are bleeding from not blinking so i dont hit a wall. As for GT greatness Laguna Seca Is My Favorite(Seattle Circut Aint Bad also). It has gotten more and more realistic throughout the Progression of the the series of Gran Turismo and the Fameous Corkscrew (Oh man if u slow down and get the right line through the corkscrew right into Rainey Curve Its pure driving gold, just the feeling of getting that perfect exit from the corkscrew, and getting just the right pace through Rainey curve, its better than sex.....ok maybe not that good but close.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I also hate ANY rally track... rally simply doesn't work in GT4. I killed all the rally races I did so far with my Toyota 400+hp rally truck thing just to get them over with.... I don't enjoy doing them at all. Even with 200 horsepower more I still have trouble winning just because I forget to pay attention sometimes.

I decided to race only on the real circuits listed ones...
Nurburgring is the best!

Try a 184 HP caterham with N3 tires, no driving aids and a race gearbox on the infineon track, it's pure pleasure!

The worst are the city tracks, except Monaco F1 track...

all these people whining about '90* turns aren't any fun, wah wah wah!'

nobody mentions anything about Seattle? I mean, I know theres a good few 45* turns in there, but that's all that course is. Nearly the same as NY or HK.

90* turns and the like are the most challenging aparently. Since nobody likes them I assume everyone just likes to hug the inside all the time, raping the rumble strip on tight turns. 90* turns teach you one of the most important aspects of racing fast; out-in-out. Besides city tracks with all 90s are awesome because power becomes less of an issue. That's what makes things really fun and interesting. Because a 150hp econobox can beat out a 500hp monster easily, once the proper suspension settings are attained. And that's what makes you really feel good is slaughtering the competition with a horribly underpowered car by making up for what you lack in straight speed with excellent handling.

Maven
I guess one track that I really hate is the Test Track. I'm glad they took it out of most of the game, I hated seeing it so often in GT3.
AMEN! Talk about the least challenging track ever, and they SOO overused it.

Gun Gray
The Nurburgring Is A Beast With 140+ turns, i hate(Na hate is too strong lets say, "Least Favorite"). My "Least Favorite" is the Ring it just cus its over 12 miles of nonstop turns and by the end of the race my contacts Lenses are like Pringles All Crispy and weird shaped(yea, the chips, cus they burn my eyes so bad from keepin them open for 9+ min)also my eyes feel like they are bleeding from not blinking so i dont hit a wall. As for GT greatness Laguna Seca Is My Favorite(Seattle Circut Aint Bad also). It has gotten more and more realistic throughout the Progression of the the series of Gran Turismo and the Fameous Corkscrew (Oh man if u slow down and get the right line through the corkscrew right into Rainey Curve Its pure driving gold, just the feeling of getting that perfect exit from the corkscrew, and getting just the right pace through Rainey curve, its better than sex.....ok maybe not that good but close.
blink on straights, k?

Absolutely Nurburgring is the best track. (IMHO) In any way you measure a track, Nurburgring comes out on top. There is a wide array of turns, It's the longest track, who can argue about the scenery? You know, I can get up on sunday morning and take the viper out on Nurburgring practice just for relaxation. It's a nice drive. Really, A cup of coffee, put some STP on the CD, and theres just not a better way to start the day. (actually, there may be 2 things that are better, but nevermind that) The turns in Nurburgring are well laid out, they flow from one to the next, you can see where your line is, the car sits into the line, the slope is with the bank and not opposite like suzuka (see below). narrow s-turns, banked turns, highspeed turns, a super long strait, man, what else could you ask for??

Suzuka on the other hand is just horrible. The turns are not natural, the car doesnt sit in any particular line, in fact it's almost impossible to pick the perfect liine, the turns turn away from the apex, after the crest, and leaves the suspension unweighted, right at the point where you need control the most, not to mention that you can't even see the line anyway. I could go on but I hate it so much, I don't want to wreck my day thinking about it.

I think suzuka would be a great track for go-karts or mopeds, but for real cars, it's just stupid crap.

I absolutely hate New York. I can't get a feel for the track, and the signs for brakking points suck! Especially when it's the reverse track, and you get no signage at all! No feel, vague braking points... terrible.

I also agree with Effo, Suzuka isn't very fun, you're always fighting your car's understeer on the track due to the way it's set up. I also hate the length of the track. It's too long, but not in a good, Nurburgring style long.

Mukai
@Thread-Opener: You can't drive Nordschleife? Then you have to learn to drive. If you don't understand the meaning of braking and ideal lines, then you should quit this game. If you get older and more mature, you'll see that tracks like Nordschleife, Infineon, El Capitan, Suzuka are really challenging!
Try a RUF on the Nordschleife and just enjoy it driving sideways 👍

Alpine slides easier :yuck:

suzuka i think is a very good track, its challenging coz of the mix of corner styles. Theres the fast 1st corner which immediately leads into the twisting section, theres degna1 and 2 which are nice almost 90degree turns, the hairpin, the runup to the spoon corners which are quite tricky and 190R which is a test of how little dare u slow down.
To set up a car for suzuka is hard coz of the mix but once done its a pleasure to drive as its always gonna require more skill to put a good lap in.

I hate the test track, if it comes up i B-spec it at 3X speed.
Also hate seol - too boring
Shanghai - after the only straight there is the worst hairpin ever
French tracks - too dull and dont flow like some of the other city ones eg seattle.

Early morning coffee,smoke and Nurburgring 👍
Thats me!

But the worst track in the game is the Paris rally track :ouch: :yuck:
I would never sit down enjoying this track with my morning coffee!!!
Maybe if i had 20 pints of beer in my veins i could be fooled to
enjoy it... :boggled:

I HATE Hong Kong. It's just so choppy, doesn't flow, and you can't read the road well. Corners that you could take faster if you had a wider exit point don't exist and the ones you could go qucikly around have teeny-ass exits. Oh and don't even get me started about that damn hairpin 1st gear corner after the straight...

“Hate” would be too strong a term for me use about any of the tracks, but I am disappointed with some of them. The newest Fuji and Hong Kong (and maybe NY) are a bit too technical, while Grand Valley is nowhere as much fun as it used to be. I just can't attack it like I could in GT3.

The 2005 Fuji appears to be a great track...just no one can actually experience it since no one can see it...?!

I know 'hate' is a strong choice of words, but it's what I feel: I hate Tsubuka. It's just a boring slot car track that someone forgot to put the little stands under to give it some character. And there is no scenery?

My least favorite tracks (currently):

1) Nurbergring - Obvious reason... it's damn hard! As a newbie, I have no idea where the hell I am or wtf's coming up and have to focus completely all race long.

dori-san
blink on straights, k?

... I would, but even on a straight, I'm paranoid if I do, when I open my eyes the red '2' will be flashing and the track disappearing to the right/left!

Although it's my least fav now, I know it will be my fav. The exhilaration of nailing a section is immense, nailing a whole lap would be...

2) El Capitan - On this track, I find I lose traction for no apparant reason, and if I play it cautiously other cars nail me.

3) Infineon - Where's the bloody straight?! I can't race for long on this track, I need my sips of coffee!

As for those who hate the city courses (Hong Kong and New York especially) you're wrong :P 90 degree corners are great, and as for "they have no rythym/flow" - Its a bloody race, not a Sunday cruise around the countryside!

Hong Kong, El Capitan, Seattle. I don't hate them, but dislike them.

Hong Kong in GTWCS? (last in professional hall) was killing me! I could easily get the pole position. I just couldn't take the best line for the 1st_gear left_hand_harpin because of the *****ng AI-opponents. Same thing every time in the first lap, they just come with full throttle up to my a** and there I am in the walls. Hey, come on, I got the pole position so let me take my line as I want to. Sorry I don't have tire warmers like you AI-people have so I have to go easy in the beginning until my tires get warm!

Oh, and I think Opera has a good flow except reverse, I think. Most of the reverse-versions suck, they just don't feel right to me and are so "unnatural" to drive.

DuefoMachine
As for those who hate the city courses (Hong Kong and New York especially) you're wrong :P 90 degree corners are great, and as for "they have no rythym/flow" - Its a bloody race, not a Sunday cruise around the countryside!

👍

4wd cars especially Skylines, imo, are a no go on city courses.

About El Capitan, sounds like its the sharp elevation changes that are causing your loss of grip. Try softening your springs and slightly increasing the rebound. Overall handling will be compromised but at least you can attack the bogey bits harder.

Hong Kong is awesome I love that track. The only track I don't like are Fuji 2005 and Seoul. Those tracks suck and are so uninspired and boring and bland.

DuefoMachine
My least favorite tracks (currently):

1) Nurbergring - Obvious reason... it's damn hard! As a newbie, I have no idea where the hell I am or wtf's coming up and have to focus completely all race long.

... I would, but even on a straight, I'm paranoid if I do, when I open my eyes the red '2' will be flashing and the track disappearing to the right/left!

Although it's my least fav now, I know it will be my fav. The exhilaration of nailing a section is immense, nailing a whole lap would be...

2) El Capitan - On this track, I find I lose traction for no apparant reason, and if I play it cautiously other cars nail me.

3) Infineon - Where's the bloody straight?! I can't race for long on this track, I need my sips of coffee!

You said you are a newbie, yet you tell people here that they are wrong for saying that the lack of flow in the city courses doesn't suck? Nür, El Capitan and Infineon are 3 of the best, most interesting tracks in the game. If you don't like them because they are unpredictable to you go race an endurance race on it. I still didn't master the Nürburgring, but after 25 laps with a 70's Alfa Romeo I do know mosts turns of the course now. It's the same with El Capitan, I love the track now (in normal direction, not reverse) because I could almost race it with my eyes shut after doing the endurance race on it twice. I still have to do an endurance on Infineon, but after doing the mission with the R8 on this track I know it fairly well.

smellysocks12
You said you are a newbie, yet you tell people here that they are wrong for saying that the lack of flow in the city courses doesn't suck? Nür, El Capitan and Infineon are 3 of the best, most interesting tracks in the game. If you don't like them because they are unpredictable to you go race an endurance race on it. I still didn't master the Nürburgring, but after 25 laps with a 70's Alfa Romeo I do know mosts turns of the course now. It's the same with El Capitan, I love the track now (in normal direction, not reverse) because I could almost race it with my eyes shut after doing the endurance race on it twice. I still have to do an endurance on Infineon, but after doing the mission with the R8 on this track I know it fairly well.

I did say that these are only my least favourite currently and even explicitly stated I'll probably learn to love the 'ring. I'm <25% complete and so can't do the endurance races yet. In any case, I doubt doing a course constantly for hours is the best way to learn it. I'm happy naturally progressing through the game.

DuefoMachine
I did say that these are only my least favourite currently and even explicitly stated I'll probably learn to love the 'ring. I'm <25% complete and so can't do the endurance races yet. In any case, I doubt doing a course constantly for hours is the best way to learn it. I'm happy naturally progressing through the game.

Doing the same course for hours is exactly what will get you to learn it. If you race it 2 laps once in a while you don't get the track stuck in your head. If you do an endurance race you will constantly be trying to improve your laptimes. That way you will learn how to cut off some extra seconds by taking certain turns differently. Trying to drive a lap time faster than your previous 30 laps can be quite a challenge. ;)

smellysocks12
Doing the same course for hours is exactly what will get you to learn it. If you race it 2 laps once in a while you don't get the track stuck in your head.
I disagree, considering after around 20% complete I feel I know the braking points or at least whether to turn left or right with most tracks. (Except the ones I mentioned and any I've not raced)

smellysocks12
If you do an endurance race you will constantly be trying to improve your laptimes. That way you will learn how to cut off some extra seconds by taking certain turns differently. Trying to drive a lap time faster than your previous 30 laps can be quite a challenge. ;)
When it comes to the Nurburgring, I can get my fastest lap times by ignoring the track and cutting corners, because when I follow a proper line I go too slowly. I'm not yet at the stage of setting lap times, I'm just trying to stay on the black stuff!

I am actually comfortable with some sections of the 'ring just from the license tests and at most 5 races, so I am learning from my method

I'd also like to add, if I tried doing 30 laps of the Nurgburgring without taking a break, the steering wheel, pedals, PS2 and probably TV would either be in multiple pieces or thrown out a window!

Latest Posts

Back