GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
Tsukuba is a crap track and Suzuka doesnt do anything for me. On the other hand, El Capitan, Infineon, and La Sarthe tracks are some of my favorite 👍.

When I first started playing GT4 I hated quite a lot of the tracks, but now I've found my problem. On some tracks you have to use the right sort of car to enjoy them.

Hong Kong was terrible until I started using the smaller zippy cars like the Elise.

Opera sucked until I lined up in a Lancer EVO.

Tsukuba is great if you're in an MR.

George V was pathetic unless you... nah, this one still sucks!

Basically, if you try to run on all the tracks with only one or two types of cars then some of them will just not feel right.

P.S.
I haven't mentioned the rally/ice tracks because I reckon it's the new physics engine that ruins these, not the tracks themselves.

i hate el capitan reverse. and tokyo reverse. i havent used many dirt tracks (cant be bothered) but some of the city courses are ****. one of the france ones they use in the DTM races is just..ugh

The Seoul race track is the worst track for me, runner-up would be the Hong Kong track and the 10,000 versions of Fuji Speedway.

I like Deep Forest raceway, but Deep Forest looked better (graphically) on gt3 than on GT4, in my opinion. In gt3 it was one of the best looking tracks, in gt4 it looks quite different (graphically).

The scenery in El Capitan is just beautiful, also New York. The nurb ring and le sarthe are really great. Citta de Amaria and the Grand canyon are also "Rally" great.

Ugh. I detest....no, loathe Suzuka. Those annoying S curves often send you into the grass, and if you do get through the corners without wrecking, the AI punts you off into the sandlot because you were going too slow!:irked: Very agravating, especially the Honda Mission...that last chicane doesn't help the track out, either...

smellysocks12
This is nonsense, el capitan isn't poor... one of the better tracks in the game. The only thing I don't like is the up/down-hill part after the tunnel.... so tricky, especially when driving a MR car or a Viper.

I'll agree about Hong Kong.

Suzuka is great... it's a real track, if it's that poor then why is it being raced on in real life for so many years? Same for Laguna seca.

Grand Valley has been a great track ever since GT1.... although I like the GT4 version not as much as the older ones.

maybe your just not bright enough to understand but these are my OPINIONS. Just because Suzuka and Laguna Seca are used in real life doesnt make them good, nor does it mean i have to like them.

Fuji tracks are bad too, especially the one with all the tarmac, thats just confusing :scared: plus it gives you about 3 miles of run off!!

Hong Kong , Laguna Seca (Always Hated it since the i-A license test in GT2)

Fav Track has to be the RING!
Also i hate Tahiti and Circuit Le Sarthe (biggest load of BULL****!)

The tracks i hate:
Fuji 2005 :yuck: i can never tell where the corners are it's like a sea of asphalt
Hong Kong :yuck: to tight and twisty

Tracks i like:
Nurburgring 👍
La Sarthe 👍
El Captain 👍

I hate Paris tracks 90° turns are not fun and are not what racing is about going slowly and almost stopping at each corner is not racing..Laguna,Tsukuba,Nurburgring those are races...
Rally tracks I hate them in GT3 they where at least F U N ! now it's slooooow painful and I don't like their layout also..so what's the point ? I don't race them at all now and play CMR or WRC instead...good move PD :/

I love El Capitan because you can go fast with road cars and it feels like a real road not a racing track, kind of the GT4 "Touge" like in Best Motoring videos.

Hong Kong
don't need explanation

Fuji '05
it has been built following Toyota requirements in order to test all F1 car components (esp. aerodynamic parts) and yet it could demanding and challenging for some car classes (F1, LMP, GT1) it is absolutely plain, boring and way too broad for 80% of the GT4 car selection

Tsukuba Circuit
reverse Fuji '05 concept (challenging for crappy cars - at least I have to look on the circuit for some braking point and cornering line - but absolutely not useful for fast(er) car). Looking at the scenery it seems to be an open road yard in some section with possible inclusion of other variations ; you can see a grand stand, a drag strip, a tarmac lane which connect and cut 2 curves and brings to a long straight !?!. Let's hope for some improvement in GT5

Just my 2C ; I didn't feel necessary to "change" Grand Valley and Trial Mountain

Fuji 2005 and New York are ones I don't like as they suck...

I'm scared of driving the 'Ring...

And I don't like the Snow courses... but that's because they're hard to drive on rather than any design problems!!

C.

I hated hong kong too for a long time because i couldnt beat it in the GTWC race best i could do was 2nd.. and then i realized that my TIRE chose was all wrong!!! i took my nissan 92CP and put on R4 front and R3 rear and with the trans set to auto 8 that car RIPPED!!! oh and i also set the traction control to 10. The key is to stay out of the curbing and brake just after the 100M mark on the long straights and the 50m mark on the shorter straights. I litterally walked the field with those settings from last place!!! since i didnt qualify.

When the car can turn so fast and then accelerate quickly its not so bad.. because you arent in the wall or spinning tires all the time :)

oh and track i hate most.. FUJI 2005 GT ... YUK!

I'm surprised that so many people dislike so many different tracks.
I'm somewhat heartened by the fact that few people agree and what someone hates another person likes. That says to me that this all a very personal opinion and that there isn't anything actually wrong with any of the tracks.

There isn't a track that I dislike. At first I was shocked by Nurburgring and a little put off it (Circuit de la Sarthe too), but after spending several hours at the IA-15 test, I now have some idea of where I'm going and enjoy the track immensely.

Among the new ones I like most would be:
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Nurburgring Nordschleife
El Capitan is another terrific addition.

I'm glad to see the return of Autumn Ring and Mini.
I've always particularly enjoyed Deep Forest Raceway and Trial Mountain Circuit and I really like the new racetrack Tsukuba Circuit.

Here is a link to the Track List:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52653

I really hate, Motegi (boring), Suzuka (boring) and the most is Laguna Seca, I liked it in GT3, but in GT4 it's a pain in the ass and boring.

neilX
I'm surprised that so many people dislike so many different tracks.
I'm somewhat heartened by the fact that few people agree and what someone hates another person likes. That says to me that this all a very personal opinion and that there isn't anything actually wrong with any of the tracks.

Oh I don't know, Hong Kong seems to be racking up a pretty big army of haters. :D

How is Suzuka boring?

A mighty challenging track, especially going down to the last chiacane

Only thing that I do not like about the tracks is the fact that some of the old tracks are missing :).

However, only one single track that I find unusable - not that I do not like it - is Clubman Route 5. It was made for newbies in the first game, and it was a nice challenge there - one that lasts for 8 years now. Technically, the last turn is challenging for coping and you can really find some "technique matter" there, but I'd prefer short Seattle more then short SS5.

Klonie Gun
What track in GT4 do you really don't like to race in? I say Nurburgring Nordschleife for me because that track is WAY too long and the turns are quite unpredictable and unforgiving for faster cars. It gets worse if I choose the number of laps at an incredibly high level, say about more than 15 and I am beat. This track really puts me under pressure :ouch:

Got to hate that Opera track, I just cant get the groove of it. Frustration

There aren't really any tracks that I loathe, I think all of them are well-done. One track that I'm rather tired of is Tsukuba and that's mostly because they use it so much! It seems to be everywhere...

Grand Valley has always been one of my favorites. :)
Same with Monaco (Cote d'Azur), incredible track!

I also really love the city tracks, even Hong Kong and Opera Paris! I think it all comes down to driving tastes. One person said racing isn't about 90 degree turns and I disagree. Racing is all about the flow of the car as it brakes and accelerates, and that includes tight, hairpin turns, not just racing at full bore all the time.

I guess one track that I really hate is the Test Track. I'm glad they took it out of most of the game, I hated seeing it so often in GT3.

Maven
I also really love the city tracks, even Hong Kong and Opera Paris! I think it all comes down to driving tastes. One person said racing isn't about 90 degree turns and I disagree. Racing is all about the flow of the car as it brakes and accelerates, and that includes tight, hairpin turns, not just racing at full bore all the time.

👍

They're not my favourite, but I really like driving around those tracks in my M5 or M3 CSL.

My least favorite tracks are the two versions of Fuji 2005. Without the grassy areas, Fuji's got no soul. I don't outright hate any of the tracks, though.

I agree,fuji 2005 is one of the worst,then i hate the tracks like george V,its boring to turn in 90 degrees all the time.

Flerbizky
Yearh - so far I've gotta go with Hong Kong too... 👎

[edit:] And Chamonix a close second.....

I love the Ring and El Capitan 👍

What?!! Chamonix is the stuff dreams are made of! :sly: 👍

Worst tracks for me are Hong Kong and Grand Canyon.
Oh, and Opera Paris :scared:

Back