GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
That and El Capitan. (sp?) I'm sure if they brought it back for GT5, smoothed it out and made it less bumpy I think I would change my mind.

Make it less bumpy? Why would they do that? You mean make a sanitized version of El Cappy, so that tuning isn't required and there are no surprises? Fail.

I just Hope Opera Paris doesn't make it back. That circuit is horrible, both forward and reverse. Bumps everywhere, throwing your car off. Its more designed to be a circuit for rally cars, as shown by the driving mission you have to do there. So why do they insist you do races in 600-700bhp+ LMP/Class C cars here? :grumpy:

I doubt either of the Paris tracks will ever be used again, and if they are, they won't be featured as often.

Make it less bumpy? Why would they do that? You mean make a sanitized version of El Cappy, so that tuning isn't required and there are no surprises? Fail.

I doubt either of the Paris tracks will ever be used again, and if they are, they won't be featured as often.

100% Agreed with you on El Capitan. GT4 did an excellent and unique job on it.

I won't mind the Paris tracks being included though

the best track for me is sarthe and nuburgring
i never get tired of nuburgring
the worst track is the autum ring. it really sucks
this guys are talking about the hong kong is the worst- OPEN YOUR EYES
hong kong is not so bad.

the best track for me is sarthe and nuburgring
i never get tired of nuburgring
the worst track is the autum ring. it really sucks
this guys are talking about the hong kong is the worst- OPEN YOUR EYES
hong kong is not so bad.

Autumn Ring is awesome, too! I'm still waiting for PD to make an Autumn Ring endurance. :indiff:

What's wrong with Autumn Ring?
cover9gr.jpg

Can anybody say: "Dorifto Heaven?"

The Autumn Ring is one of the few tracks where lower-powered cars make sense, and you can actually challenge yourself in 100 horsepower machines (instead of making a corner and waiting fifteen minutes for the next). Even in insanely overpowered cars, the Autumn Ring is an interesting drive:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69127

Yeah, Autumn Ring is cool. It is so under-used in GT4 though. I don't think i've raced on the normal layout of it on this save yet, and i'm 62% complete or something like that. I don't think the reverse is quite as good.

I'm adding La Sarthe I and II, both paris tracks to my hate list.

I know La Sarthe has a great historic background but I don't care I just can't stand it (I suck at it too !:D). It's like straight, straight, straight, brake, repeat

As for the paris tracks, the worst is the one that is during the day I don't remember which one is it, there are huge rumble strips and it just doesn't have a flow. I hate that PD are forcing us to drive LMP/ Group C cars on that track (Like in the World Championship)

Why does eveyone hate Opera Paris? Sure it's tight but it's a blast with small cars. I even like the 3 lap battle with the rally cars there. The only really awful corner is the slow tight one before the straight.

As far as George V, I never really raced on it. I tried before, but I absolutely could not figure out the corners, so I gave up. That might be the only track I really didn't like.

Actually, George V is an interesting layout... lots of difficulty on those tight inner city streets... (one corner in particular is interesting... where you come out onto a mini plaza, four-wheel drifting out of one corner and trying to keep it neat enough to enter the tight one-and-a-half lane street on the other side)... terribly difficult to race, though... not many places to overtake on the inside streets... and where's the fun in outpowering an opponent on the straights? :D

Why does eveyone hate Opera Paris?

Because they can't figure it out. Same reason people hate Hong Kong, Autumn Ring, etc.

Personally, I don't have anything against George V, I just hate the fact that it's a Special Condition-only track, which means 5-second penalties are given out like candy, even if the Ai decides to bang into us!

Opera and Hong Kong I can understand... because it's 90 degree corners with the ARMCO on the kerbs... (I drive both, don't love them, but I can do all right)... but I still don't get why people hate the Autumn Ring... sweeping, cambered corners... grass-lined chicanes just made for kerb-hopping... it's like a go-kart track for big cars. :lol:

Because they can't figure it out. Same reason people hate Hong Kong, Autumn Ring, etc.

I can figure it out. I just hate it because a) It occurs too often b) Its in the World championship, or the GT all stars... or both. Its not meant for LMP/C-class, its meant for rally cars or small road cars.

Its bumps throw off cars even with relatively soft suspensions, you have to be really careful.

Opera and Hong Kong I can understand... because it's 90 degree corners with the ARMCO on the kerbs... (I drive both, don't love them, but I can do all right)... but I still don't get why people hate the Autumn Ring... sweeping, cambered corners... grass-lined chicanes just made for kerb-hopping... it's like a go-kart track for big cars. :lol:

That's exactly it! Autumn Ring reminds me of a kart or an SCCA amateur track for smaller autos.

I hate HATE HATE Circuit de la Sarthe with a passion. I always like using underpowered cars with better handling characteristics to win races. Because I love passing people either going into, during, or coming out of a corner. It never fails that I work my a$$ off to pass the field on the few corners of this track just to have all of them blow by me on the long, long straights. I hate when a heavy turd passes me in the straight. And that's pretty much all Circuit de la Sarthe is. As worthless to me as as an oval.

I love El Capitan and George v. Paris though. Like someone else said the off camber down hill corner after the tunnel can be taken with quite a bit of speed but it's hair raising to keep the rear in check. And I love all the bumps of this track. The bumpiness of it and Nurburgring really keeps you on edge and makes the driving more difficult which is what I love. You really get that "on the edge" feel of traction on these two tracks which you don't on most of the other tracks in the game due to the old physics engine. Most tracks on gt4 feel like your cheating compared to the new GT5TT.

Also, George v. Paris is amazing in a suby with about 500 hp and running racing super-soft's in front and racing hards in the rear. Those suby's will definitely slide around all those second gear turns with that setup and you can be blazing fast with the super close tranny on that track. Feels like it's pulling as hard as the F1 car. It feels amazing.

I wish this thread had a poll.

Last edited:
2P Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway. I always lost during race with my brother. 👎:grumpy: It is still fun to play as single player though. :sly:

I hate HATE HATE Circuit de la Sarthe with a passion. I always like using underpowered cars with better handling characteristics to win races. Because I love passing people either going into, during, or coming out of a corner. It never fails that I work my a$$ off to pass the field on the few corners of this track just to have all of them blow by me on the long, long straights. I hate when a heavy turd passes me in the straight. And that's pretty much all Circuit de la Sarthe is. As worthless to me as as an oval.

I love El Capitan and George v. Paris though. Like someone else said the off camber down hill corner after the tunnel can be taken with quite a bit of speed but it's hair raising to keep the rear in check. And I love all the bumps of this track. The bumpiness of it and Nurburgring really keeps you on edge and makes the driving more difficult which is what I love. You really get that "on the edge" feel of traction on these two tracks which you don't on most of the other tracks in the game due to the old physics engine. Most tracks on gt4 feel like your cheating compared to the new GT5TT.

Also, George v. Paris is amazing in a suby with about 500 hp and running racing super-soft's in front and racing hards in the rear. Those suby's will definitely slide around all those second gear turns with that setup and you can be blazing fast with the super close tranny on that track. Feels like it's pulling as hard as the F1 car. It feels amazing.

I wish this thread had a poll.

Wow, FINALLY somebody who loves the Paris tracks! :highfive:

2P Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway. I always lost during race with my brother. 👎:grumpy: It is still fun to play as single player though. :sly:

What's funny is I mastered Stupor Seedway in GT3. I won the endurance race in a Civic, for instance. The GT4 track for some reason I always have problems at. It's mostly because I don't prepare and typically don't use enough power. Not to mention I don't really care! :lol:

The worst track is the Test Course. :dopey:

Am I the only one who likes all tracks? Hong Kong and Opera are superb, you need to find a proper line and keep a constant pace, they're awesome and do not leave room for mistakes. George V is a little bit boring, but racing down the Champs Elysees( Spelling?) at full speed and then braking hard to take the tight sections is just epic.

Motegi, Laguna Seca, Autumn Ring, Midfield, Grand Valley, Fuji, Tokyo and SSR5 are very good tracks.

New York and Seoul are ok, it's good to race in them sometimes, they aren't impressive but provide a good amount of fun.

La Sarthe, The 'ring, Suzuka, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest(Is awesome when reversed too) are unbeatable, these tracks still hold the crown IMO.

Last edited:
HSR...the worst. I know that is blasphemous, because it has the history of GT behind it, but damn is it boring.

Trial Mountain, 'Ring, Motegi Road, Laguna and all the street courses are great. I used to dislike any Fuji race, until I did the FGT series when I learned (read: was forced) to like it so it grew on me, but

HSR is just.......I don't likey. :)

The worst track is the Test Course. :dopey:

Am I the only one who likes all tracks? Hong Kong and Opera are superb, you need to find a proper line and keep a constant pace, they're awesome and do not leave room for mistakes. George V is a little bit boring, but racing down the Champs Elysees( Spelling?) at full speed and then braking hard to take the tight sections is just epic.

I never get bored at George V. Never ever...it's too tough. 💡 Getting bored here gets erased immediately because I almost always forget the layout of turns. Wait...is that a right or a left coming up? :ill: No matter how many times I've run this track, I always forget at least once per race where the hell I am...thank goodness George V has arrows to guide us along! :lol:

Motegi, Laguna Seca, Autumn Ring, Midfield, Grand Valley, Fuji, Tokyo and SSR5 are very good tracks.

New York and Seoul are ok, it's good to race in them sometimes, they aren't impressive but provide a good amount of fun.

La Sarthe, The 'ring, Suzuka, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest(Is awesome when reversed too) are unbeatable, these tracks still hold the crown IMO.

I like 'em all too with one exception: Ice Arena. It's the only track I truely hate! :mad: And as I've probably said before, it's not really the track, it's the fact that the Ai gets many opportunities to bash us with 5-second penalties.

HSR...the worst. I know that is blasphemous, because it has the history of GT behind it, but damn is it boring.

HSR is just.......I don't likey. :)

Correction: It's boring in GT4...for some reason it was so awesome in GT and GT2. Partially it was the shoddy grahics rate, which made you feel like you were going way faster than you were, and part of it is the Ai in GT4 doesn't drive HSR nearly as aggressively as it should. Especially the races which feature non-racing cars.

I love George V also. Not sure why it gets a bad rap. The look and feel seems like there's a bit of night dew on the street, makes for good oversteer possibilities, powersliding through the apexes. Too bad there's almost no events featuring it.

Ice Arena is an EVIL course! Pure evil. The AI are always in a foul mood; makes you want to wall ride. Just try to compete cleanly and they take advantage of you. "Oh you have the inside line, HERE have a 5 sec penalty." "Oh am I going too slow for you, HERE's my rear bumper...and take 5 sec to think about that."

Jerks. 👎

Conversely, the lighting of Motegi Road always puts me in a good mood. :) It's really relaxing for some reason to me; the sun hitting your eyes going through the short shoot leading to the start/finish straight. I always like that track.

Ice Arena is an EVIL course! Pure evil. The AI are always in a foul mood; makes you want to wall ride. Just try to compete cleanly and they take advantage of you. "Oh you have the inside line, HERE have a 5 sec penalty." "Oh am I going too slow for you, HERE's my rear bumper...and take 5 sec to think about that."

Jerks. 👎

:lol: This had me laughing! :lol: So true..so true...

I loveee Opera Paris, for DTM's or stock its a really fun and kinky(literally alot of bumps) city circuit.

Also love George V Paris its more of a Tarmac Rally type of thing, a Super Special Stage through the streets of Paris, take a Group B monster and powerslide all the 90 degree turns.

I dislike Midfield raceway, i loved it in GT2 and GT3 but its awfully bland in GT4 Apricot Hill also, great in GT2 not so much in 4.

I used to despise Fuji 2005 but i grew to love it after seeing Best Motoring FUJIFAST video and getting schooled by Doridori on the proper lines, i used to get caught by every single trap!

I also Disliked HSR in GT4, wayyyy too wide, takes the challenge away.

I really hate Ice arena, its too short and too slow, Chamonix is cool cuz its twisty and tricky.

I love seattles Dusky\Dawny lighting, like racing before or after work or something.
I MISS SEATTLE SHORT< the last corner was an amazing drift spot in GT2.

For rally i loved all the tracks with the exception of Swiss Alps, who designed this track?? Its wide enough for 18 wheelers to hit 45 degree drifts!

Hey FishforRent we got alot in common!

Last edited:
I loveee Opera Paris, for DTM's or stock its a really fun and kinky(literally alot of bumps) city circuit.

Also love George V Paris its more of a Tarmac Rally type of thing, a Super Special Stage through the streets of Paris, take a Group B monster and powerslide all the 90 degree turns.

I dislike Midfield raceway, i loved it in GT2 and GT3 but its awfully bland in GT4 Apricot Hill also, great in GT2 not so much in 4.

I used to despise Fuji 2005 but i grew to love it after seeing Best Motoring FUJIFAST video and getting schooled by Doridori on the proper lines, i used to get caught by every single trap!

I also Disliked HSR in GT4, wayyyy too wide, takes the challenge away.

Didn't you like it in GT/GT2, though? It was so much better for some reason. Had a speedier feel. PLus, the grandstands were packed with more "people"...gave me a sort of super-star feeling as I drove around HSR in those games. It just feels & looks duller in GT4. :indiff:

I really hate Ice arena, its too short and too slow, Chamonix is cool cuz its twisty and tricky.

Chamonix rocks in comparison! :dopey: It's such a good track for passing, I've got some great cat & mouse replays where I pass hte Ai, then the Ai passes me, then I pass the Ai. :dopey:

I love seattles Dusky\Dawny lighting, like racing before or after work or something.
I MISS SEATTLE SHORT< the last corner was an amazing drift spot in GT2.

I miss it too. Remember Rome Short, though? That's one of the only tracks in GT2 I really hated...and again, it wasn't so much the track, it was the Ai's habit of SLAMMING into me in Turn 3 (the super-tight L-turn). :mad:

For rally i loved all the tracks with the exception of Swiss Alps, who designed this track?? Its wide enough for 18 wheelers to hit 45 degree drifts!

Yea, and the Normal direction is way easy compared to the Reverse direction. I always wind up de-tuning my cars waaay down for Normal direction Swiss Alp races.

Back