GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
Yes, I woud definately have to say Hong Kong bites. It just doesn't seem to have a flow at all. Hardly any straights to speak of, and as much as I like corners, the corners there just suck.

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course blows too. especially when there is 2 start/finish lines, so you cross one and you are set up for the first corner, then you realize that you haven't completed a lap yet, you just crossed the other start/finish line.

Klonie Gun
What track in GT4 do you really don't like to race in? I say Nurburgring Nordschleife for me because that track is WAY too long and the turns are quite unpredictable and unforgiving for faster cars. It gets worse if I choose the number of laps at an incredibly high level, say about more than 15 and I am beat. This track really puts me under pressure :ouch:

Did you know that this Nurburgring Nordschieife has a 91 TURNS??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Suzuka, Opera Paris, New York, Laguna Seca, Hong Kong (any so called street course actually), ANYTHING to do with Motegi and I haven't even started the rally tracks yet.

Rome was a good street course but of all the ones that have come and gone I miss Red Valley (or whatever it was called) from GT2. It was fast and entertaining at the same time. But, oh well.

vip3r
i like most of the tarmac tracks except motorland... pointless (a bit like the motor carriages - has anyone seriously driven these?)

I like motorland because it is a technically difficult and tricky track.
imho someone good at motorland will clock good times everywhere.

I love the Nurburgring. After about 50 laps you know it fairly well.
Anyway, my worst track is the Infineon sports car track. Once ive practiced it i'll probably like it, but until then, its my worst.

Biased turkey
I like motorland because it is a technically difficult and tricky track.
imho someone good at motorland will clock good times everywhere.

I like Motorland too, i learnt to use manual gears on this track, in an S15 Silvia.

my least favorite track would have to be fuji 2005/ 2005 gt cause its so hard to see where to brake for the turn and it si hard to see where the track is going .

my favorit track's are: the nurburgring, new york, sarthe, el captin, mid-field, cote d' azur, and the test course(but olny with good draft racing)

the one track i miss is special stage route 11

-neil-

Like many people said, my hated ones are Seoul and Hong-Kong by far, but the Ring also becomes boring after 3 laps. And yeah, I've never been part of Deep Forest's fan club, BTW.

the one track i hate on gt4 has got to be the test course its way too long and waaaay too boring! especially after you've passed your competition already, it gets kinda quiet and lonely being in the front of the pack.

The worst track, hands down, is the Korea one. Its just two long straights and a couples turn in between, c'mon what was PD thinking? It friggin too simple that it is annoying.

I really dont like Hong kong.....as many have stated there is just no flow. And in a fast car its just annoying 👎

And this may sound harsh...but if someone doesnt like the ring...........they dont like driving :) maybe they are more interested in getting races over with quickly to get their percentage up, I dont know. The ring is imo the best track in the game to really judge someones skill level. Very technical, and very fast. and you cant just slam a car down to the ground for handling....you really have to DRIVE the car. Again....just really shocked by this.

call it painful, tormenting, trecharous, unforgiving, excruciating, uncomfortable, or even impossible, but do not ever call the 'ring boring!

vip3r
the worst tracks are the rallying ones. 👎
i think the rally part of the game is quite poor.
the cars just seem to float across the surface.
in comparison with other rally games, like colin mcrae 04, gt4 just doesn't cut it.
I agree 100%. Even on gravel roads a tire has some grip.
In GT4, it's as if the car is on glare ice. It's just ... wrong.

This version of the game is unfinished, in many ways.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I guess i'ts a love/ hate thing, some of the more difficult tracks I initially dislike, but when I have them memorized, they are the best!

Tsukuba is a bit boring though, and Fuji 90' is a bit confusing with all that tarmac.
Nürburgring?........ gotta love it, i's like a drive in the country only really fast!

I find Tsukuba Circuit to be raced only for beginners and for automotive testing. The wet version of it still doesn't get my fancy either.

Fuji '90s, a bit confusing with the tarmac? You must be talking about the NEW Fuji Speedway. Fuji Speedway 2005.

Nurburgring; now finally, I like this track. It took me a while to get used to the uber-long length and formidable turns. But in the end, this is, as most players in GT4 say, THE ultimate racing track in the game. Though, I like Circuit de la Sarthe more (both versions are awesome but the unchicaned version is far more exciting for me) :sly:

I still fail to understand why most players in GT4 put down Opera Paris. They say it is a Rome Circuit part 2. Now that is utter blasphemy! :irked:

gsavill90
I tried the Nurburgring in one of these, and i can say that it is impossible. I got stuck after about 2 minutes.

that's hysterical. i thought i'd give the daimler motor carriage a go around laguna seca. gave up after 30 seconds. couldn't cope with the blistering top speed. :ouch:

Nürburgring Nordschleife sucks, its too long. like driving to get milk or something. not enough reward for good driving. I like Seatle, Cote d'Azur and Laguna Seca. But I also really like the rally.

Klonie Gun
I still fail to understand why most players in GT4 put down Opera Paris. They say it is a Rome Circuit part 2. Now that is utter blasphemy! :irked:

operar paris if fun....just the right amount of turns and straits...

spikerules
Nürburgring Nordschleife sucks, its too long. like driving to get milk or something. not enough reward for good driving. I like Seatle, Cote d'Azur and Laguna Seca. But I also really like the rally.

What reward are you looking for? Good driving on the ring = 1st place = good driving everywhere else. It's frustrating in an INCREDIBLY slow car (like the fiat), and Im still very ring-challenged for the uber-fast cars, but on mid-range cars like the Mercedes SL challenge, that track is the best!

Wildhalcyon
What reward are you looking for? Good driving on the ring = 1st place = good driving everywhere else. It's frustrating in an INCREDIBLY slow car (like the fiat), and Im still very ring-challenged for the uber-fast cars, but on mid-range cars like the Mercedes SL challenge, that track is the best!

try driving nurburgring nordschleife in the f1 car... no other track in the game is as rewarding. seat of the pants, pure adrenaline rush. putting in a hot lap around this circuit is very satisfying. circuit de la sarthe is pretty damn good too. :)

Back