GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
havent raced all track... is the test course (that giant loop from gt3) in gt4? god i hated that one! I AM NOT interested in top speeds at all :)

Hush Thy mouth,

It is the pinnacle of every GT4 pro racer, to just b-spec a race, and take there prize to thy test course, and check its top speed, if its not higher than 230mph it shall be disregarded, as rubbish never to be drove,

Thy Law, from GT Pros (Cough People Know Who You Are) :yuck:

Lol Tm

Mukai
@Thread-Opener: You can't drive Nordschleife? Then you have to learn to drive. If you don't understand the meaning of braking and ideal lines, then you should quit this game. If you get older and more mature, you'll see that tracks like Nordschleife, Infineon, El Capitan, Suzuka are really challenging!
Try a RUF on the Nordschleife and just enjoy it driving sideways 👍

Well, at first I was shocked at the 'Ring because of its extremely long length and the unnerving turns that come at me. But after several times driving in it, now I'm slowly starting to get used to it :sly:

Hong Kong is now my most hated track to drive in.

Both versions of the new Fuji Speedway; now I have mixed feelings about them. I don't like how the track is incomplete and there are lots of asphalt around the track but then again, I don't have much of problems racing in it.

Opera Paris; how can anyone not like that track is clearly beyond me. I actually even LIKE racing in it. It is my second favorite French track after Cote D' Azur (Monaco).

New York; well, the straightaways and the lack of warning signs in the reverse version may turn off most drivers but I could care less. It is not one of my favorite tracks, though.

Seoul; yep, this track is boring as hell.

ok the paris tracks and hong kong for me
yeah i dont like the dirt and snow tracks either and i find motorland too small

el captain, laguna seca en cote azur are one of my favorites but the last 2 because i know them good from other games (not GT3, but F1 and Indy Car games from when i was young)

i like the ring aswell but i dont know it quite well and i'll have to train more before i can drive good laps i think

also midfield is one of my favorites (in both directions)

The courses I like the most:
Nurburgring - greatest track. Period.
Le Sarthe... although its slightly (only slightly) monotonous, I have to admit, the first time I hit Mulsanne in the R92C 3 lap mission... my mouth just hit the floor... and it got even better after the end. I personally love the 2nd straightaway section!
El Capitan - simply fabulous track design, great smooth flowing turns
Fuji 2005 - the only thing I dislike about this track is the length of the front stretch and the fact that all you can see for miles is pavement
Laguna Seca - favorite part: the last right hand turn (just before the pits) that is banked a good amount. You can rip through that turn!

Courses I dislike:
Fuji 80's - ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz its like a test course without banking in my opinion. Not big/bumpy enough to make high speeds alone very fun.
Seoul - a lil on the short side
Deep Forest/Trial Mountain - Neither of these courses are very much fun to me any more. I still like them and think they are good courses... Im just gonna go nuts if a have to race 10 more laps on either of those courses ever again.

Thats enough for now... theres more, Im just tired and ready to go to sleep.

smellysocks12
Doing the same course for hours is exactly what will get you to learn it. If you race it 2 laps once in a while you don't get the track stuck in your head. If you do an endurance race you will constantly be trying to improve your laptimes. That way you will learn how to cut off some extra seconds by taking certain turns differently. Trying to drive a lap time faster than your previous 30 laps can be quite a challenge. ;)
This is exactly true! I know Apricot Hill like the back of my hand because of the Roadster Enduro from GT3.

Trust me, once you pull away from the pack and have no real competition/obstacles... you'll get bored. A few laps of boredom will go by and you'll then find yourself getting excited as you push harder for faster exit speeds to try and shave another tenth off your lap time. 2 hours or more of ANY track and you will start to feel this way. Because once the boredom sets in you will be looking for something to keep your interest. Tweaking your turn-ins and smoothing out your exits is the effect the boredom will have on you. And as a result of your lap times improving to the point where it's a struggle to even get a hundredth off your time, you will have learned all there is to learn about the track.

I can just about guarantee that if you drive about 5 hours straight on the Ring, you will then have mastered that track. It will be second nature to you and you'll never forget it. Just like riding a bike.

I hate to sound holier than thou but I try to take each track as a lesson. Every track needs a different driving style to get the most out of it, so each track will teach you something about becoming a better driver.

When I first drove opera paris I didn't enjoy it at all but now I get great satisfaction out of picking a clean line and driving neatly through the tight corners.

BTW Have you noticed that Cote d'Azur seems much easier in GT4? It seems that they've really opened this course out compared to GT3 and definitely compared to real-life. Anyone agree?

I don't know if Cote d'azur is easier ... feels quite the same to me, maybe you're just much better now !

I like all the tracks as well, but if I must choose one that I don't really like too much it must be Apricot Hill ... just too many laps on it ...

New York, Hong Kong, Seattle, George V are quite boring. Not much fun in straigths and 90 degree turns.

The Top 5 Tracks (at the moment)

1 - Infineon Raceway
2 - Suzuka
5 - Deep Forest
3 - Sarthe I
5 - Autumn Ring

I don't 'hate' any of the tracks, but the one I dislike the most is Tsukuba. It just feels a bit too small, more like a kart track, and that last corner is the worst corner in the whole game :scared:

Motorland also suffers from being a bit small, although it's good for testing.

Personal taste of course, I just prefer the bigger circuits 👍

I detest Opera Paris, Hong Kong, and sometimes New York (depends on the car). IMO they are the worst examples of what street racing can be. No flow and useless in my book. I can get a nice groove at all the other GT4 track, but for some reason nothing works to make me feel comfotable at those three.

New York and Seoul cause the graphics jaggies give me a headache.
Hong Kong is nice in a slower, softer car but it's horrible in a group C racer.
Super Speedway is just so boring too, but I guess ovals are a part of racing......

Tsukuba, Nürburgring, Suzuka are all great courses IMO. I used to hate Suzuka cause it's got a few damn tricky corners but it's really a challenge and doesn't feel that long at all.

boost654
About El Capitan, sounds like its the sharp elevation changes that are causing your loss of grip. Try softening your springs and slightly increasing the rebound. Overall handling will be compromised but at least you can attack the bogey bits harder.

WOW! After trying new suspension settings (cheers btw boost654) I actually enjoyed going around El Capitan. I remove it from my disliked tracks, and encourage anyone who doesn't like it to sort out their suspension (if you haven't already) because it completely transforms this track.

felix2107
I detest Opera Paris, Hong Kong, and sometimes New York (depends on the car). IMO they are the worst examples of what street racing can be. No flow and useless in my book. I can get a nice groove at all the other GT4 track, but for some reason nothing works to make me feel comfotable at those three.

Have you played NFSU2, because I find the 'Street X' races in that are brilliant practice for these city circuits. Obviously not perfect due to controls, realism etc. but I feel they show you the sort of frantic groove you need to get into to enjoy them.

the worst tracks are the rallying ones. 👎
i think the rally part of the game is quite poor.
don't get me wrong... the grand canyon course is gorgeous to look at.
the cars just seem to float across the surface.
in comparison with other rally games, like colin mcrae 04, gt4 just doesn't cut it.

glad i got that off my chest.

i like most of the tarmac tracks except motorland... pointless (a bit like the motor carriages - has anyone seriously driven these?)

DuefoMachine
Have you played NFSU2, because I find the 'Street X' races in that are brilliant practice for these city circuits. Obviously not perfect due to controls, realism etc. but I feel they show you the sort of frantic groove you need to get into to enjoy them.

Haven't played that one. I'll give it a shot....thanks

felix2107
I agree 100%, I generally dislike any city track. Those 90 degrees corners all looks the same.
And guess what, the only interesting one is gone : Rome. Go figure.
:grumpy:
I would exchange 100 of them for 1 Spa and 1 Monza.
Or they could for instance include 1 portion of Amalfi in a Rally track, like in real rally where once in a while the track crosses a small village.
That remember me the game Vrally3 , when you cross the French village, there is a sidewalk café and if you hit the chairs, they will fly around everywhere.

Back