GT4 Tracktalk and Tracklist *UPDATE* UNCHICANED LA SARTHE!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 335 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rohanmalvea
i know its the wrong thread but still for the people who own gt4 do you find it easyer to rotate the whell now i mean is it smoother to roatate it to 900* cuz i find it really hard to rotata in gt3 while driving in 900 degree mode cuz i real life its smotther so izz it now smoother to rotate that wheel?

Can you please use proper English when posting and not abrevations. It makes it difficult to read and understand.

Thanks.

👍

How could you drive 376 km/h? In prologue it takes much to reach 310 km/h with McLaren... Allright it depends on what car you are driving but I was wondering can you drive that fast with McLaren Le Mans???

Is the sense of speed good in game and is the sense of power good??? In gt3 if you have for example 300 bhp car, it feels a little bit unpowered. Is it same in GT4??

What about banking system, is there it and if is what kind?

Reverse lights or not? That doesn't matter but I just would like to know. :rolleyes:

Gear ratio's, you just need to set them to allow you to go faster.

How does Cote d'Azur look this time around? Was the track layout updated to include the recent changes to the real circuit? It's too bad they didn't make a Cote d'Azur 70's without the Nouvelle chicane down at the waterfront.

I was nicely surprised to find out that crowd cheering was gone in Prologue.
Badly enough, crowd's were cheering again at Costa di Amalfi in the BMW demo 👎
Can anyone tell if crowds are still cheering in GT4 and at which tracks?
I'm particularly interested in Autumn Ring.

excuse me, mr chaser_fan, god of all things gt4 at the moment, but would you be so kind as to provide a video of le mans. everyone here at gtplanet would be much appreciated ::)

Buggy Boy
I was nicely surprised to find out that crowd cheering was gone in Prologue.
Badly enough, crowd's were cheering again at Costa di Amalfi in the BMW demo 👎
Can anyone tell if crowds are still cheering in GT4 and at which tracks?
I'm particularly interested in Autumn Ring.

There is cheering and honking of horns at heavily spectator populated places. The sounds fade in and out and they don't sound looped like in GT3. Actually, it's pretty cool!

A86
thanks. So does it mean that the top down view of gt4 prologue isn't anymore in gt4?
Yes, that´s correct.

Now it´s much better, because the 3rd person camera moves away from the car depending on it´s height, so you won´t have any problems to see what´s in front of you lol.

chaser_fan
There is cheering and honking of horns at heavily spectator populated places. The sounds fade in and out and they don't sound looped like in GT3. Actually, it's pretty cool!
Thx for reply chaser fan. Can you turn spectator noise off?

Is the rear view in 3rd person in GT4 identical to GT3's in that you see the whole front of the car at the exact same distance from the car as the normal 3rd person view?

I guess my public opinion question about all of this is, what does the inclusion of Le Mans do for the GT series? Does it make it a lot better now that we have the circuit to race around with Le Mans machinery? And do you remember all the "LM Race Cars" from past GT games? Now you can actually race them on Circuit de la Sarthe to see if they can actually hang with the big boys. Among these machines, I think the last time I remember a Le Mans race car with 4WD at Le Mans was the good old Bugatti EB110 back in 1994. Don't get your hopes up, though. I think when I read "Le Mans and Sportscar Racing Magazine" once (old magazine based on the ALMS and other forms of sportscar racing), someone said that the 4WD was hard to control on the high-speed circuit.

But back to the main question. What do you think having Le Mans does for the GT series?

Welcome to GTPlanet, KJB. You're about the first new member I've seen in the new year.

Well, for me, La Sarthe gives me something that's been lacking in GT. The chance to take a super-fast car and push it to it's top speed... without getting bored out of my skull.

That was one thing I think we can all agree on. There were plenty of normal tracks to push the cars, but you could never get up to top speed, except one place: the Test Course. And that was, perhaps, one of the most boring places ever. La Sarthe solves that problem.. here's a track where you can hit top speed (on the unchicaned version, at any rate), but it also has the twists and turns of other tracks, as well as actual objects, like trees and buildings, to keep it from getting stale after half a lap. That's what I'm looking forward to, at any rate.

And yes, I'm also looking forward to taking the LM cars out there.. letting them play on their home turf. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back