GT4 Tracktalk and Tracklist *UPDATE* UNCHICANED LA SARTHE!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 335 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
sennafreak
so they took out trees for the 'deep' forrest experience? damn that's a kick in the teeth, it was indeed a very athmospheric track with the sun glimping out between the trees, hope the atmos isn't gone now.
also how's grand valley (my favorite track), is it good looking? and what we didn't discuss here are weather effects, do you see difference in weather in the shorter races or is it always the same pretext clouds...

can't wait to do le 24 heures with day changing into night and then after a dark night of racing with a small rainshower the sun is coming up in the horizon. i need it bad

No weather effects noticed as of yet. Will report on any if there are any to be found.

Bathurst, for sure! As well as some of the other great Oz tracks.
How about the old 8 mile version of Spa as well as the present day version?
Or the combined oval and road corse at Monza from the sixties?
Macau and a few of the different configurations of Long Beach would be nice too.

Might as well help plant the seed for GT5 early. :lol:

Sven
The Gran Turismo World site said that all tracks would have reverses. Is this true?

Interesting point. I didn't check out the 'real' tracks, but yes the city and original tracks most definately do have reversed versions. You go into A-spec mode and then you can go to either City, Original, Real or Dirt/Snow tracks and when you are on the track icon, press DOWN for the reversed version. KY ellegidly said that the 'Real' circuits wouldn't have reverse versions, but I haven't checked to see if it's otherwise.

One of my favorite tracks in the series was/is Motorsportsland. I've seen a listing of Motorsportsland II or short. Are there two versions now Chaser?

Mr P510
One of my favorite tracks in the series was/is Motorsportsland. I've seen a listing of Motorsportsland II or short. Are there two versions now Chaser?

Yeah, I'd like to know too. That would be very cool to have two versions of that track. I remember driving my R33 Skyline GT-R on Motorsports land, it was alot of fun.
Man, I can't wait to hot lap that Fina Mclaren F1 GT-R on De La Sarthe! :D

You know, my last comment on Le Mans is starting to make sense now thanks to you, Chaser. A lap around Le Mans with Le Mans machinery can take anywhere between 3:30 and 3:45 for the prototypes, and 3:40 to 4:00 for the GT cars. So it's all starting to make sense. You lucky folks in Asia!

neon_duke
But... its... its... Le Mans! The second holiest of holies! Actually, it will be interesting to actually race on some of the long circuits. I tend to be a groove driver and I don't know if the long laps will help or hinder.
You're a SuperMod. You can always ban the track if it starts to annoy you :crazy:

I for one will be spending SOOOO much time at La Sarthe and the Nordschleife - The only real problem will be deciding what car to use.....

Hi a long time i have been read all the post around this forum.
First time i post to thank you for this great pic of Le mans.

I am born and lived in this city for 25 years, now living in HK.
See every year the 24 hours of Le mans.

Waiting to drive on it in GT4, with the Nissan R392 and the mazda i have seen battle before.

One pic is pretty amazing, the one of the signalization panel, with the nearby city.

One thing, about Circuit de la Sarthe
Fyi
Sarthe is the department, and major city le mans.

Waiting to drive on the 3 different tracks.

One note, i tried to get the game since yesterday in HK, no copy found in HK island in 28 and 29 dec, but not a lot of time as i work.

Appreciate to know if u pre-order or bought it in Kownloon.
Thank again for the great pic.

Great job for reproducing the circuit as if u were there.

chaser_fan
Here is a list of all the tracks that I have in GT4 right now. There are a good few more waiting to be unlocked though.

I will try and scan the images of them from the manual later, but my scanner's playing up right now.

Apricot Hill Raceway
Autumn Ring
Autumn Ring Mini
Cathedral Rocks
Chamonix
Circuit de la Sarthe
Circuit de la Sarthe (Unchicaned)
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Cote d Azur
Deep Forest Raceway
Driving Park Test Course
Driving Park Gymkana Course
Driving Park Motor Sports Land II
Driving Park Beginner Course
El Capitan
Fuji Speedway 90s
Fuji Speedway 80s
George V Paris
Grand Canyon
Grand Valley Speedway (Long)
Grand Valley Speedway (Short)
High Speed Ring
Hong Kong
Ice Arena
Infineon Raceway
Laguna Seca Raceway
Las Vegas Drag Strip
Midfield Raceway
Motorsport Land
New York
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Opera Paris
Seattle Circuit
Seoul Central
Special Stage Route 5 (Long)
Special Stage Route 5 (Short)
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Swiss Alps
Tahiti Maze
Test Course
Tokyo R246
Trial Mountain Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (Long)
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (Short)
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

EDIT: I have just found Cicuit Le Sarthe! Just about to give it a go now. Here's a small pic of the track map. Put up some more photos in a bit!

3rdgenracerX
IIRC, Grindelwald = Autumn Ring Mini. Or at least thats what i've heard from PAL guys.

Please explain how grindewald equals autumn mini or am I missing something here?

Oh rome night, where art thou?

neon_duke
Actually, it will be interesting to actually race on some of the long circuits. I tend to be a groove driver and I don't know if the long laps will help or hinder.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I actually prefer the long courses over the shorter ones any day. Let's compare Midfield to Nürburgring, for example (both ends of the extreme):

For an endurance race of approximately two hours (which most of the endurances seem to be from previous GT's), it would require around 100 laps of Midfield. But only 15 laps of the 'Ring. That alleviates one of the big problems that nearly everyone has with endurance races.. boredom caused by repetitaveness. Doing the same lap over and over and over again. I've had several instances where I've gone three or four laps in an endurance race and not even realized it, because my mind starts wandering.

The longer courses eliminate this problem almost entirely. Eight minute laptimes are the norm at the 'Ring (depending on the car, of course). And consider the end of a lap.. on a short track like Midfield, you could almost blank out and "miss" a lap. You cross the line, and all you're thinking about is how many more laps you have to go. But on a long track like LeMans or the 'Ring, there's a real sense of accomplishment after finishing a lap. You cross the line, and you think "I made it.."

That, and the longer tracks are more challenging. On a short track, if your lap times aren't up to where you want them to be, or you're losing online races, there's probably only two or three spots you can improve your line to shave time off. But on the 'Ring, there's a hundred of those spots. And many of the "tricks", particularly for the 'Ring, are very subtle. Slip outside the "instinctive" racing line that we all follow, and you can suddenly pick up another 10mph coming out of the corner. And there's a dozen places on that track you can do that.

So I, for one, am very much looking forward to the long courses. :) LeMans and the 'Ring will probably be at the top of my "Most Driven" list.

I've had several instances where I've gone three or four laps in an endurance race and not even realized it, because my mind starts wandering.
That often happens to me. I also set my fastest ever lap on Laguna Seca and I didnt even realise I was doing it.
I agree with the other stuff, it can become extremly boring on the shorter tracks, then mini games like "Kill the cones" start to set in.

In regards to my own experience, I tend to get into a particular groove when racing those 100 lap endo races and quite enjoy them…it’s only on tracks like Cote d'Azur do I find myself really not liking long endurance races!

Jedi2016
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I actually prefer the long courses over the shorter ones any day. Let's compare Midfield to Nürburgring, for example (both ends of the extreme):

For an endurance race of approximately two hours (which most of the endurances seem to be from previous GT's), it would require around 100 laps of Midfield. But only 15 laps of the 'Ring. That alleviates one of the big problems that nearly everyone has with endurance races.. boredom caused by repetitaveness. Doing the same lap over and over and over again. I've had several instances where I've gone three or four laps in an endurance race and not even realized it, because my mind starts wandering.

The longer courses eliminate this problem almost entirely. Eight minute laptimes are the norm at the 'Ring (depending on the car, of course). And consider the end of a lap.. on a short track like Midfield, you could almost blank out and "miss" a lap. You cross the line, and all you're thinking about is how many more laps you have to go. But on a long track like LeMans or the 'Ring, there's a real sense of accomplishment after finishing a lap. You cross the line, and you think "I made it.."

That, and the longer tracks are more challenging. On a short track, if your lap times aren't up to where you want them to be, or you're losing online races, there's probably only two or three spots you can improve your line to shave time off. But on the 'Ring, there's a hundred of those spots. And many of the "tricks", particularly for the 'Ring, are very subtle. Slip outside the "instinctive" racing line that we all follow, and you can suddenly pick up another 10mph coming out of the corner. And there's a dozen places on that track you can do that.

So I, for one, am very much looking forward to the long courses. :) LeMans and the 'Ring will probably be at the top of my "Most Driven" list.

I couldn't agree more. You practically took words out of my mouth. I too lost track of a few laps in these long endurances and also made mistakes for missing my pit stop schedule :).

cool list chaser_fan, you should do that with the cars to! (maybe it will take a few days, but it's holiday):dopey:

Is it me or is there motion blur in this screen? Does that mean that motion blur is used at high speeds for a more sense of speed?

attachment.php

As that pic is a License Test and it involves unchicaned-Mulsanne in a Group C Nissan LM, it might nearly go down as the best License Test ever!!!

den brakke
is the Chamonix circuit a dirt/snow track? It is at the botom of the Mont-Blanc. That chould give some stunning backgrounds. :crazy:

its a snow rally track... I haven't had a full run cuz I've only seen a part of it in the license test, but so far it looks really nice... an open snowy field...

Attachments

• IMG0003.JPG
    IMG0003.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 466
For the anti-Le Mans people, if you think about the Lemans cars in GT3, they always seemed so hemmed in on those short coarses. You need a track like Le Mans so that they can streach their legs properly.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back