GT4 Will it make me buy a PSTwo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cobra_UK
  • 184 comments
  • 6,297 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well GT4 should have body kits and vinyls - and undercar lighting. I want a skyline with a big superman on the side and green neon and big dub duces and a 3 deck spoiler - Oh yeah and a big roof scoop.
 
nightkid, your getting halfords "mods" confused with real mods. I do think you should be able to alter parts of thge body for real racing kits though, ie lighter parts piece by piece etc.
 
Zer0
If you don’t have any interest in GT4, what’s your reason to remain in this forum?

Please read my thread carefully, at some point I mentioned I read and look everything regarding GT4 and have done for the past 6 months or more.

By the way code_kev if you ever get a chance try Rallisport Challenge 2 on the XBOX, the damage is fantastic and the crashed nothing short of amazing. After seeing that I've been dreaming of a future GT game that incorporates something similar, if not better. But Forza Motorsport may get there first, the game developers seem to be dead intent to provide the exact missing and badly wanted features of GT games. The fact the actually opened a forum designed specifically for suggestions, so that people who think certain features should be added can have a voice is very good. This however in not such a bad thing for the future of GT as it will provide a bit of competition and better games for us players.:)
 
I've got rallisport 2, and yes, the damage is awesome. I love when ya roll the car, and it rolls in such a realistic way, doors flying open, bits ripping off etc. RSC2 is FANTASTIC. Aso good how the damaged panels etc flap in the wind, depending on the direction you go, such a polished game.
 
I can't believe you guys are falling for this. This guy obviously showed up to do nothing but stir up some ****, and everyone here is going right along with it and getting all pissed off at him. Which is exactly what he wants. Probably sitting at his computer laughing at the lot of you.

Look, Cobra_UK. This forum isn't just for GT4 general discussion. It's for people who LIKE the GT series. You know damn well that your hate-mongering is doing nothing but baiting people into a flame war. At most.. nay, ALL other forums I visit, that sort of behaviour is grounds for a permanent ban. I suggest you leave this place, since you obviously have nothing to contribute except your pissy little whining about how GT4 doesn't live up to your personal standards and how it's going to suck. Puleeze.
 
Jedi2016 first, you're not only a abusive towards me but also have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not going to lower myself to your level though and start some kind of flame war. Mate you’re the one trying to stir things up, you've posted 2 sarcastic posts on this thread already and now are getting nasty also.

As for what you think I'm doing at this moment, you also have no idea. I'm trying to hold an intelligent discussion to which you obviously don't deserve to be part of.

I have reported your post.
 
I don't understand why ppl care. For ppl that like to customize there are games like Forza, NFSU, JUiced, SRS. Be happy w/ them. Leave GT alone and stop trying to make it less of a game cause it does not have those features. I like more cars, rather than less w/ bodykits and damage. KY thinks the same...I'm getting what I want and relieved that you guys aren't getting what YOU want :p
 
I think RalliSport 2 is my favourite driving game at the moment. The car engine noises are fantastic, the graphics are nice & it plays so well (Even though its arcadey). I.e. positioning car correctly before a jump & getting a good rythm.

I deffinately prefer it over GT3, but don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of GT, hell I bought a PSX for GT1 I was that impressed. But I've felt dissapointed after every sequel since & with GT4 missing some of my most looked forward to features (mainly online/AI) I can't help but think I'll be dissapointed again (when it eventually gets here) even though they've finally included Volvo ;) I'm sure it will be a great game, just not the same calibre as GT1 when that came out (Probably not even half the impact).
 
code_kev
nightkid, your getting halfords "mods" confused with real mods. I do think you should be able to alter parts of thge body for real racing kits though, ie lighter parts piece by piece etc.

Yeah I know - Like in Tokyo Extreme Racer 0 where they had real bodykits, carbon fibre parts, different lights, different mirrors etc. I did like that - I was just being sarcastic
 
code_kev
Just because I don't ass kiss a game and pretend it's flawless, does not mean I have no interest in it :P
You read the same post as I?

-GT4 Will it make me buy a PSTwo?
"So will I buy a PSTwo and GT4? No."
Cobra_UK
Please read my thread carefully, at some point I mentioned I read and look everything regarding GT4 and have done for the past 6 months or more.
"So will I buy a PSTwo and GT4? No."

What I miss? your interest is only to complain about the flaws? read all your posts..
 
Oh sorry, thought you meant me, I've allmost got used to the fact that I'm usually targeted ;)
 
Cobra_UK
Jedi2016.... you've posted 2 sarcastic posts on this thread already and now are getting nasty also.

I beg your pardon? Could you perhaps point me to these mysterious sarcastic posts that somehow appeared before I ever saw the thread? I can assure you, I've responded only twice to this thread, the second time being this very post.

I'm also not... as you say, "getting nasty". I'm pointing out a fact, nothing more. If you've spent more than a day on the internet, you should know that going to a forum flooded with fans of (insert thing here), then start posting negatively about that thing that they all love, it's going to start trouble. If that wasn't your intention, then why come here? It's like going to a Star Trek convention and trying to tell people that Trek sucks. It's... well, it's pointless. And quite rude, if I might add.

And thank you for reporting my post, most kind of you. Nothing like a little help from the :dunce: to get the Admin's attention. Which is precisely what I wanted with that post. Cheers. :)
 
Cobra_UK
Jedi2016 first, you're not only a abusive towards me but also have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not going to lower myself to your level though and start some kind of flame war. Mate you’re the one trying to stir things up, you've posted 2 sarcastic posts on this thread already and now are getting nasty also.

As for what you think I'm doing at this moment, you also have no idea. I'm trying to hold an intelligent discussion to which you obviously don't deserve to be part of.

I have reported your post.

You are gonna start a lil war here (this is GTplanet)...not that there is anything wrong w/ that. However, there already is a 150+ page thread about GT vs Forza. You can go there and talk about how much would would prefer Forza over GT if you like. As for code-kev and T5-R, you guys are temporary sell-outs...but you will come crawling back once GT4 comes out.
 
in reply to #38

Yes, Rallisport Challenge 2 is an arcade game and not even in the same league as the GT series, but the damage model and the sounds are fantastic.

Exactly how I feel about GT4, yes it's a great game but not good enough to make me rush out and buy a PSTwo like GT did when I bought the PS just to play it. The formula is getting old and after so many years in developement GT4 I was expecting more. I was expecting the features I mentioned, and if damage is not possible on the PSTwo than at least internal damage depicted in an icon system on screen similar to the tire wear in GT3, which can lead to engine failure, damaged suspension and other things, but not 3D visual in game. 💡
 
lol Dunkee, as I've said before, I will OFC buy Gt4, but that doesn't mean I'm a little dissapointed, no online, no decent AI etc. Anyway, I'm a racing game fan in general, I have no bias towards, or against Gt4, I just view it as another racing game.

Personally I think that as a game, RSC2 made a mockery of GT3.
Cobra has a point though, PD are getting abit "EA" about things.
 
Jedi2016 the 2 other posts were by somebody else with the same avatar as you, my mistake.

However this doesn't change the fact that your post was rude, arrogant, misleading and more, it has opened the door for other people like yourself from this forum to rip into this thread. For that you have been reported, and most admins are clever enough to see things like that.;)

Zer0, excuse me but this is not a forum where I am not allowed to say anything negative about GT games. I have said negative and positive things and it's my right to do, It' s called democracy, and forums are created for that very purpose. While we're on democracy there are other forms of ruling countries, forums etc., one could be called DICTATORSIP, as in if anybody disagrees with your opininon you ridicule them, discredit them, bully them, or use any other means to close their right to voice an opinion...
 
Cobra_UK
in reply to #38

Yes, Rallisport Challenge 2 is an arcade game and not even in the same league as the GT series, but the damage model and the sounds are fantastic.

Exactly how I feel about GT4, yes it's a great game but not good enough to make me rush out and buy a PSTwo like GT did when I bought the PS just to play it. The formula is getting old and after so many years in developement GT4 I was expecting more. I was expecting the features I mentioned, and if damage is not possible on the PSTwo than at least internal damage depicted in an icon system on screen similar to the tire wear in GT3, which can lead to engine failure, damaged suspension and other things, but not 3D visual in game. 💡

You know, if you hit the "reply" button on the lower right side of a post you can quote the person 💡
It's not fair to compare Rallisport to GT3...one is concentrated in one aspect of racing, the other many types of racing. As for you not being interested in GT, Forza will make you happy........for a lil while :) Then you will get curious. After months of playing the gimmicky Forza the curiousity will eat at your brain until you can't take it anymore and you end up w/ a cute llil PSTWO and GT4. Then you will be a hypocrite...but at least you will be a happy hypocrite :)
 
dunkee another "nice" individual, thanks for calling me a hypocrite, and telling me what I will and will not be doing.

Oh an dunkee I use "in reply to #" to keep the size of my post down in some cases and I quote on others. Believe it or not some people can actually use the "in reply to#" to get to the inital post and read it themselves, they're quite clever like that. Of course when I say some clever people I don't include you in that margin. You see I can be sarcastic too.;)
 
Cobra_UK
dunkee another "nice" individual, thanks for calling me a hypocrite, and telling me what I will and will not be doing.

Oh an dunkee I use "in reply to #" to keep the size of my post down in some cases and I quote on others. Believe it or not some people can actually use the "in reply to#" to get to the inital post and read it themselves, they're quite clever like that. Of course when I say some clever people I don't include you in that margin. You see I can be sarcastic too;)

I was just playing w/ you...don't be so sensitive :p And I'm glad you can be sarcastic too...it's so cool :dopey:
 
Cobra_UK
Zer0, excuse me but this is not a forum where I am not allowed to say anything negative about GT games. I have said negative and positive things and it's my right to do, It' s called democracy, and forums are created for that very purpose. While we're on democracy there are other forms of ruling countries, forums etc., one could be called DICTATORSIP, as in if anybody disagrees with your opininon you ridicule them, discredit them, bully them, or use any other means to close their right to voice an opinion...
Yes you´re allowed to say all negative and positive opinions here, but I repeat.. if you´re going to buy Forza and no GT4 and all your post are about hype Forza features and complain about GT4 ones, what´s your interest in this forum?..

Do you know www.forzaplanet.com?
 
Zer0
Yes you’re allowed to say all negative and positive opinions here, but I repeat.. if you´re going to buy Forza and no GT4 and all your post are about hype Forza features and complain about GT4 ones, what´s your interest in this forum?..

Do you know www.forzaplanet.com?

This guy is amazing, :eek:, mate I never said I will buy Forza Motorsport. Also try counting how many times I typed the word GT or GT4 then you might understand the subject I'm referring to. :lol:

My interest is to voice my opinions and to hear the feedback, intelligent feedback, not yours Zer0. Please go away, quit while you're behind. ;)
 
code_kev
Good thing photomode and B spec aint gimmicks! Oh wait...

YOu see cobra, everyone uses sarcasm. Right here is a perfect example, code_kev makes you think he feels that Photomode and B-Spec are not gimmicks BUT THEN he says "Oh wait". And that means he actually feels they are gimmicks 👍
 
You spotted that dunkee did you, aren't you clever. I love the way you hide it so well.:)

I have to say this post made 3 work collegues laugh their head off. I'm quite pleased with myself. Oh donkeh!:lol: Just messing with you mate looks like you have a sense of humour, so it's cool.:)
 
There are NO better racing games than the GT series on XBOX.

The XBOX reminds me of the N64 in terms of racing games. There are whole lot of them, but none of them are really all that good.

I have an XBOX so hopefully Forza can change all that, because I would like to have a good racer with custom soundtracks. For me, PGR 2 just doesn't cut it.
 
capnlarge, you have PLAYED rsc2, best racing game availible to buy imo. BY FAR. Theres so much to it (great races, great multiplayer, amazing graphics, fantastic sound, brilliant night time racing, cool cars, plays really really well), and it's brilliant fun.

And the n64 comment is UTTER BS. 👎
 
Cobra_UK
mate I never said I will buy Forza Motorsport.

So you aren't gonna buy Forza and you are dissapointed w/ GT4 so you decided you are not gonna buy that either....that just blows. And now you just feel like coming to GTPlanet to rant.....that makes a lot of sense. I think you probably regret selling your PS2 and can't stand not being able to play GT4 anymore. It's alright, I know it sucks but that's just the way life is sometimes.
 
Cobra_UK
This guy is amazing, :eek:, mate I never said I will buy Forza Motorsport. Also try counting how many times I typed the word GT or GT4 then you might understand the subject I'm referring to. :lol:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1208789&postcount=118
Cobra_UK
My interest is to voice my opinions and to hear the feedback, intelligent feedback, not yours Zer0. Please go away, quit while you're behind. ;)
To hear intelligent feedbacks you need first to make intelligent opinions..

Where are?.. here?
 
dunkee
So you aren't gonna buy Forza and you are disappointed with GT4 so you decided you are not gonna buy that either....that just blows. And now you just feel like coming to GTPlanet to rant.....that makes a lot of sense. I think you probably regret selling your PS2 and can't stand not being able to play GT4 anymore. It's alright, I know it sucks but that's just the way life is sometimes.

You see I thought you were good at noticing things, but in my post I said I was hoping for intelligent feedback. Mmmmkay;)

By the way I corrected some some spelling and changed the word "but" to "buy" for you when I qouted your post. Thanks for introducing the quoting thing for me clever guy.:)

Oh now to my answer, I'll ask you two questions. Did I say I was or wasn't going to buy Forza Motorsport? Since I didn't specifiy either, how do you know what will or won't do? I know you're clever but come on!:sly:

Life is great, well mine is anyway, thanks for asking.

EDIT: looks like you edited it too well done.👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back