GT4 Will it make me buy a PSTwo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cobra_UK
  • 184 comments
  • 6,298 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
code_kev, do you have any other examples of that type of real-time dynamic reflections in another racing game? I haven't seen it myself, and it's been three years since GT3.
 
individual body kits (as in just a spoiler or just a bonnet intake or a front splitter), custom decals were still missing.

Why Dont u just buy ur self Need for speed underground
GT isnt about oh look my spoler is bigger then urs dumphead :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
 
T5-R
Of course tracks & cars is always good as is improving existing features (such as the handling), but with crap AI & no online it will make it alot harder to appreciate such efforts. Since instead of thinking 'Wow this is so great, it feels like I'm really pushing this car to its limits & being neck 'n' neck with my opponent is fantastic' its 'This handling is nice, oh damn! *shunt* gone into the back of the dumb AI again as they brake far to harshly for a corner' There is more to the game than just numbers, as a driving simulator surely it should focus just as much on the racing element as this is one of the most fun aspects of driving.

As for not being able to play GT4 & being unappreciative, I'd say it was appreciative waiting for a such a long time for a proper sequel (GT4) & then finding out one of the best features (online) which would push it to the next level had been missed out. Just because I can see GTs faults doesn't make me any less deserving. Besides at the end of the day (as is also becoming more noticable) PD just wants our cash & as customers we have the right to have expectations. Especially when it was one of the most promoted & major features...

(Wouldn't suprise me if GT Online was cancelled & moved onto the PS3).
You are right. I guess I just like to look at the bright side of things...but the wait should have been better rewarded.
 
Why ask a question and then get touchy when people answer with a opinion different to yours?
Will GT4 make you buy a PS2? Probably not seeing you have allready convinced yourself the game is lacking in certain areas.
I have my PS2 so I do not have to ask my self the same question.
Will I buy GT4? Yes, I need a new challange after playing GT3 for 3 years.
Will I buy an Xbox to play Forza? No.
The negative points made about GT4 are fair enough.
I will have to try B Spec before I comment.
Photo mode to me sounds like a waste of time.
 
Back on topic people :)
 
You done whining, yet? :lol:

In response to "oscarfulz" (Post #85, pg. 5), I don't think it's a bad topic. It's only a bad topic if he wanted to petition that GT4 have the things most people want that hasn't been implemented in GT4. Of course to our GTPlanet veterans, you know what I'm talking about. Cobra_UK, it's your call. All I heard is that the PSTwo is basically a slimmer PS2 with a network hookup for online play for you SOCOM and FFXI types. I think you can add "WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW" to that list because I heard that was going to be online-enabled even though it won't have the 8-player matchups as in "WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It."

But back to GT4 and the PSTwo. Cobra, I'm not going to complain to you on this. It's your call if you want a PSTwo and GT4 bundle. And even if you don't have the PSTwo, you can still play with the old-style PS2. A PS2 is a PS2 is a PS2. It's your call, man. I'm no one to suggest anything like this. So GT4 + PSTwo. You want or not? Your call, man. Dig me?
 
code_kev, do you have any other examples of that type of real-time dynamic reflections in another racing game? I haven't seen it myself, and it's been three years since GT3

GT3's cars were allmost reflectionless, and the ones that had em were obviously faked. I really can't be bothered listing games with better reflections, but try vice city on the xbox, Juiced and RSC2.
 
I'm back, was busy last night...

Well I've read the replies accumulated yesterday and here what I have to say. I posted a thread with my opinions, it's my right to do so, and they are GT related. Being an avid GT player for more than 4 years I believe I had the right to talk to the GTP community and express my points of view. I expected people to agree, disagree but hoped it would all be respectful and polite. However there are a lot of forum trolls/nasty individuals that have done anything in their power to ruin this thread.

For anybody the posted here since yesterday with venom aiming to create more flames and take the thread off-topic, I'm IGNORING YOU.;) (now, here is how it works, if I'm ignoring you can post anything you want, and you won't get an answer from me)

Thank you forum administrators for keeping the thread open. I looks like against all odds the thread has reached a number of intelligent people and at least they got the point.

To put it all in a nutshell: I have waited a long time for GT4 and was desperately hoping for a hard drive and a re-instated I-Link on the re-designed PSTwo. GT4 (although shaping to be a fantastic game) has not met my expectations and is still missing some features players have been asking for since GT on the PS. The lack of hard drive AND HARD DRIVE SUPPORT, I-Link have convinced me even more against buying a PSTwo.
 
Uncle Harry
Why ask a question and then get touchy when people answer with a opinion different to yours?

Honestly mate please read some of the replies that upset me on this thread then compare them to your reply. You'll see is not the different opinions I mind but it's the attitude, ridicule, personal attacks etc.

As for your reply cool I guess since you've been playing GT3 for more than 3 years, a GT4 is just what you need. I, myself was not much pleased with GT3 and stopped playing it after less than a year. I kept looking at features in other games that GT3 was badly missing and hoped that GT4 will make me come back to PS2, in the meantime I have played some spectacular racing games on XBOX. Nothing compared to GT series as a whole but at individual things better. My only hope after more than 3 years in development was that GT4 will have those features and more. But as I said before, unfortunately it has not.
 
Oh yes, the I-Link. You won't be able to i-link with other people, but you can still have those sweet 6 player parties. You can do it over lan, wich GT4 will have. All you need is 6 ps-two's and 6 gt4's and 6 tv's. Connect to a hub and vuoala! That may not be the best explination but you catch my drift ;)
 
:lol: TriplePlay

You were one of the people that came on this thread with attitude and "I hope you get banned" was part of one of your vile attacks on me. Now you come and try to talk to me on the same level with me and even give me a wink? What a sad little, little man...pathetic.
 
Hey, I got a rep on this board. You were a newbie, and you were attacking some of my friends. What was I supposed to do? I'm just standing my ground.
 
:lol: beautiful explanation TriplePlay, you just made yourself look even more pathetic that you were already.

EDIT: I never attacked anybody, just defended my thread against people like you. Attacking newbies, trying to ban forum members, ganging up with friends against others. Oh I bet you have a reputation alright.
 
I thought we were staying on topic?

Anyway, yes I might buy a PSTwo when the PAL online version is released.
 
Cobra_uk, considering the board your on, how many people do you actually think were not going to have a go at you, also most of the points (while perfectly valid) have been made pretty much a million times before (I'm one of the main offenders). Still it's a good thread in that I got to watch some good old fashioned forum wars :D. I wouldn't buy a psTwo for Gt4 because I allready have a ps2.

Is it me, or did they just take i link out to sell more network adaptors...thanks sony!
 
To Cobra_UK
:lol: Why can't we all live in peace :lol:
You won't buy a PStwo? Neither will I.. just like code_kev said, I have one already ;)
This thread has become a flame war... Cobra, your intentions may have been good, but the way that most people on this thread has misinterpreted is pretty understandable. This is a GT fan site, and coming on whining about it will only get you flamed. No offense, but it's the truth.. Oh and by the way, how come every second post I read from you is edited? Just curious...
 
in reply to #105

I'm tired of explaining this, read my post #99 and hopefully you'll understand. You see in life it's not always what you are saying but the manner in which you are saying it in.

Well yeah code_kev I can't understand for the life of me why they took the I-Link adapter, and with a PSTwo you can use the network connection to link instead but not everybody has a network hub...
 
TriplePlay
Let's all sway our arms back and forth.......

:cheers:

You are my sunshine you make me happy!

:scared: Woah.. Too much beer mate :P :lol:
 
code_kev
Is it me, or did they just take i link out to sell more network adaptors...thanks sony!

iLink is such a pain to get setup, try finding long iLink cables without paying a bundle for them. It's a lot more convinient to use the network adapters with some very long cheapass cat 5 cable. Then when I do Lan games for GT4 I won't need to have all 6 PS2's and TV's right next to each other because of the damn short firewire cables. So I could have two in the kitchen, two in the living room and two in the errr umm garden shed.
 
AHhh damn sony and their tight asses. Not including a net adaptor built in...DAMN THEM.
 
Wait, wasn't it built in ? Or am I was behind in the news =(
 
MdnIte
To Cobra_UK
:lol: Why can't we all live in peace :lol:

Listen I had no idea this thread will be this big, I'd rather have had it small but just decent people post in it. However, why do you keep coming on to this thread? It's my thread, you don't agree, nor can you be respectful and polite. As a result you're not here to discuss anything. So why do you keep coming back to this thread? You and all the others like you.
 
code_kev
AHhh damn sony and their tight asses. Not including a net adaptor built in...DAMN THEM.

It's not suprising though, seeing as they charged £30 for a 8mb memory card and still insist on using a multitap instead of having 4 controller ports. Although i'm happy I bought my network adapter because it allows me to run my games completely from HDD.
 
Cobra_UK
As a result you're not here to discuss anything. So why do you keep coming back to this thread? You and all the others like you.

Woah.. I only posted three or four times here... Are you implying that I'm flaming you? If you feel that way then fine :ouch: Oh and off the record, I was infact on "your" side. The delays on Gt4 are ridiculous.. however, It's only raised the standards bar for me, and if the delay wasn't worth it, you will hear from me I guarantee it..
 
MdnIte
Woah.. I only posted three or four times here... Are you implying that I'm flaming you? If you feel that way then fine :ouch:

I didn't imply anything mate, you made your own conclusions. But let's look at this. A guy steps into someone's art gallery, goes to the painter and says "Why can't you leave us all in peace?". Painter says, I just put my paintings up mate, you don't have to come in here if you don't want to.
 
Well what if everyone is arguing (critisizing) the painter and I came in and told everyone to respect his artwork/opinion? That's what I think I meant to write...
 
Race Idiot
Although i'm happy I bought my network adapter because it allows me to run my games completely from HDD.

No, with the new PSTwo you can't mate. I read a few reviews and they've disabled the HD capability also. Shame.

Still can you explain to me this whole business with linking through network connection please. I'm curious.
 
Cobra_UK
No, with the new PSTwo you can't mate. I read a few reviews and they've disabled the HD capability also. Shame.

Still can you explain to me this whole business with linking through network connection please. I'm curious.

Yeah, that's why i'm hanging on to my old chipped one with the HDD in it. And Sony didn't like the idea of people being able to copy entire games to the HDD because it incites piracy (think rent/borrow a game and just rip the whole game to the HDD, which no I haven't done all the games on my HDD I own actual copys of, barring the BMW Demo which is a free demo).

For the Lan game you will need
Upto 6 PS2's with network adapters.
A standard hub/router/all in one thingy with RJ45 connectors.

Then you plug your PS2's into the hub with network cable, do some configuring and that's it. I could give a more detailed explanation but I don't have the time.

I'm pretty sure you can do this with the new toca as well, but I don't have the game and none of my friends have it either. Although i'd love to do it with the new toca with all the dammage and etc.
 
It's just like doing a LAN party where a whole lot of computers connect through a router/server thing, I'm not too sure..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back