GT4 Will it make me buy a PSTwo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cobra_UK
  • 184 comments
  • 6,297 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
T5-R, that's exactly what I'm trying to say about the online feature.

Jedi2016 sorry but I can't keep doing this with you, really, reason in the face of you has no chance... So I'll ignore your post.
 
online can be cool.

But for many racing games, I see online's lack time in the network is really a very serious problem.

It makes me wonder, why is FPS doing so well, but not racing games??? WHY?
 
code_kev
8mb is pathetic.

Really ?

But I find it personally rather alright. It serve me well saving a few games at a same time.

Do enlighten me more with your problem. I'm kind of interested. :)
 
T5-R
a) They've never played online, or have so with a closed mind/bad setup.
b) They fear change.
c) They don't have a clue about how to get online.
d) They fear competition.
e) They prefer to give the AI pet names.... "AHAAHAHAHA I BEAT MICHEAL SHUMACHER AHAHHAHA IN A MX-5 IM THE BEST AHAHAHAA"...
f) Simply not possible to get online.

You also forgot the main reason why not many people play online:

G) Don't spend enough time in front of PS2 to warrant purchase of network adapter.

Out of all the games I own, only one or two support more than one player. That's just the type of gamer I am.. quite simply, I don't play multiplayer. When I do, it's when I have friends over to play in person. The difference between playing a game online and playing them in person is the same as the difference between talking to someone on a forum and talking to them in real life. They're nothing alike. All it boils down to is smarter opponents. That's all. And frankly, it's just not worth it for the majority of PS2 owners to invest in a new system with new hassles just to get a chance to play with a bunch of people we don't even know.

Not to mention that fact that hooking up my PS2 to the network would be a MAJOR pain in the ass.. the PS2 is as far from my computer as it's possible to get in this apartment, I'd have to run cable all over the place just to get it to work. It just isn't worth it. Judging by the sales of the network adapter, I'm not alone. Judging by polls posted on this very forum, I'm not alone.. the majority of the players on this very forum don't give a rat's ass about online.

You're also forgetting (again) that Sony is first and foremost a business. Cutting online was a good business decision, because it allows the game to come out in time for the holidays (i.e. bringing in tons of money for the company), and the "upset gamers" represent the minority. The vast majority of GT4 buyers will simply be happy to get the game sooner rather than later. It makes no sense to delay a game that damn long only to include a feature that the majority of customers won't even use.
 
jedi, must be horrible to just KNOW your wrong.
 
Cobra_UK
Jedi2016 sorry but I can't keep doing this with you, really, reason in the face of you has no chance... So I'll ignore your post.

I really wish you would. Common sense dictates that if you keep your mouth shut about me, I'm much more likely to keep my mouth shut about you.
 
8mb is pathetic after you've used an xbox anyway. Sony shoudl have released the HDD at a dirt cheap price and used it more.
 
code_kev
jedi, must be horrible to just KNOW your wrong.

And how am I wrong? Enlighten me. CHANGE MY MIND about online... say something genius to make it worth my while to run out and buy a network adapter and rewire my whole ****ing apartment.
 
manx I respect your view and to be honest it looks like the things mentioned in this thread will not affect your enjoyement of GT4.

As for online gaming all I can say FPS games are absolutely amasing online. But not just FPS, PGR2 and RC2 come to a new level on XBOX Live, added downloadable content is also excellent. Now if I could play GT4 online I think it would just be spectacular, imagine the possibilities. I hear about car clubs, car exchanges and tournaments implemented in FM and it makes me feel sick with jealousy....
 
i give a rats ass... infact a whole rat, but theres other online racers about so as long as gt4 is a great game in its own right it still has a place in my collection, even online players play offline sometimes!
 
Because most people prefer killing each other than bumping each other in games ;)
 
Play an online pc game, then see the wonders of online play. Battlefield 1942 is a good place to start. Rewire? Oh you mean stick a lan cable from your pc to your ps2, BLIMEY! That's a job for an expert!
 
wireless is the way to go if your so bothered about wires then, access point attached to your router, and game adaptor on your ps2 / xbox .. easy, tho you cant beat a £20 wind up network cable for simplicity
 
code_kev
Play an online pc game, then see the wonders of online play. Battlefield 1942 is a good place to start. Rewire? Oh you mean stick a lan cable from your pc to your ps2, BLIMEY! That's a job for an expert!

I use my PC for work, not games. And I don't much care for FPS games, they lost their charm for me quite a while ago.

As for the "job for an expert", it would indeed be rather simple. All it would require is a router, and a hundred-foot cable that goes out of my office, down the hall, around the corner, down the stairs, down the hall, through the living room, and into the PS2, giving me about ten opportunities to trip on it every time I had to take a leak. No thanks.
 
Ahh the inconvienience of stray cables.
Try tacking them to the skirting.
Or just get a wireless router and access point as suggested above.
 
I use my PC for work, not games.

well buddy, get that 286 upgraded, and you may come to realise that the pc is the best games machine going.
 
Just a bit too much money to put into something that I won't play that much. I'm more than happy to just pay the fifty bucks for the game and enjoy GT for what it's always been.. the best damn racing game.
 
Im sure by the time the next gen is in full swing, youll all be wireless online gaming :)
 
Cobra_UK
donkee From the first post you have made on this thread you have been sarcastic with me, you can't wait to see me go or this thread dissapear. At no point did you post a serious reply to this thread. I did not lash at anyone and just stated your hidden but actually blatant attitude.


I have not made a serious reply? I'm the only one staying on topic...? You asked will GT4 sell PSTWO, I said yes and gave my reasons. You even agreed w/ me...? And yes, I kid around w/ you to keep things interesting but you take things way out of syntax. I can't be sarcastic w/ ppl? Relax. I don't mind you or this thread...I actually like it cause you are keeping me entertained. But the lil renaming (donkee) is kinda corny though. You are very childish for doing that...whatever floats your boat.
 
thaught everyone already was? sure doesnt feel like a small community when your there!
 
code_kev
well buddy, get that 286 upgraded, and you may come to realise that the pc is the best games machine going.

Hehe.. my PC is more than capable of playing games, I just don't have the time or disk space. I think the only thing lacking in my system would be the video card, which isn't quite up to specs for things like Doom 3, but it can play everything else. In my line of work (CGI), raw power is needed more than fancy drivers and vid-cards. :) CGI is run in OpenGL display (for setup and the like), most of today's game-oriented vid-cards don't offer much in the way of OpenGL support beyond the card I already have (unless I get one of those Quattro cards, or whatever they're called, but those are raw OpenGL, designed for 3D work, not games), so it's not really worth the money to upgrade (I spend enough upgrading the software.. hehe) And even the largest hard drive is quickly filled.. you have any idea how much space just one minute of raw NTSC footage takes up? (answer: 20GB+) Besides, my couch is much more comfortable than this chair. :)
 
Well the answer is obvious, get a nice 200 gig hdd for games, and a nice spangly graphics card ;)
 
Which is money I don't really want to spend on something I'd rarely use. :) I'd rather save up for ye olde HDTV for the living room. I'm a movie man, you see.. big-ass HDTV beats 17" monitor any day of the week. :)
 
code_kev
well buddy, get that 286 upgraded, and you may come to realise that the pc is the best games machine going.*

*If your games of preference happen to be First Person Shooters or Real Time Strategies

I have a pretty good PC, but I really only end up playing emulators on it. Well, that and waiting patiently for Diablo III. (25 years from now)
 
capnlarge
*If your games of preference happen to be First Person Shooters or Real Time Strategies

I have a pretty good PC, but I really only end up playing emulators on it. Well, that and waiting patiently for Diablo III. (25 years from now)

Well that may be generally true, PCs & Xbox live appear to be the best online racer options. Just played BMW demo again, damn I want GT4, but even so knowing its probably gonna have crap AI & no online is really gonna spoil what would be amazing come release day (some time in 2046 for us PAL users).

I really hope the team x-link thing will work, I know xbox connect works well. Hopefully GT4 will also, then I can finally whoop code_kevs arse in a Fiat Panda online :sly:
 
So, what was the point of this thread again?

Like it was said before, are we supposed to discuss his opinion? What?
 
yes, because its HIS VERY OWN thread, and we must respect HIS thread
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back