GT4 Will it make me buy a PSTwo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cobra_UK
  • 184 comments
  • 6,297 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, except you use PS2's instead of computers. You could also do like upto 16 player Timesplitters 2 with i.Link, although I only managed 8 player but it was still pretty fun. 6 player GT3 was the most fun i've had playing a game for a long time.
 
in reply to #119 & #120

Sounds a bit complicated to me, but I guess it won't be to hard to learn how.
 
It's such a shame that PSTwo won't have HD compatibility. I mean they could have just included a small capacity HD targeted mainly for saved game data.

It's such a shame that GT4 is missing damage, at least simulated, but not in 3D just in data. That way it would make people want to have cleaner races.

I also can't believe that individual custom body kit parts, decals, lighting, interiors etc. would have been that hard to add either.

Not getting online play is also very disappointing and to be honest I think it will be a PS3 feature and the new console will be released next year. Why would PD release a game for the old console when the new one will be released around the same time as their planned online version?

And the cardboard 2D spectators present with the 3D ones are also painfully apparent, in some screenshots and videos I have seen of GT4. PD could have at least made an option for just 3D spectators and one for all of the spectators 3D and 2D. Or just not include the 2D spectators at all. This game is all about customising the car and the driving experience, and the driving experience includes the environment.

The AI, well that does take a lot of processing power and some clever programming, but we'll see how good it is when it's released.

Point is GT5 may well have better AI, fully generated 3D people, online play, individual custom add-ons on just about everything to do with car looks, a HD incorporated PS3 or just very high capacity memory cards and most of all fully simulated 3D damage.

But when will GT5 be released? Another 3 years? Some people have been waiting for these features since the first GT? I'm not prepared to be devoted to GT for another 3 years. And who knows if they'll deliver then? They haven't done so far. PD knows we want them so why not?"
 
Cobra_UK
But when will GT5 be released? Another 3 years? Some people have been waiting for these features since the first GT? I'm not prepared to be devoted to GT for another 3 years. And who knows if they'll deliver then? They haven't done so far. PD knows we want them so why not?"

Obviously they don't care about those things. Yes, they are arrogant. Will things change? Maybe if GT4 sells less...I doubt it though. Point is, it is a beautiful game and beauty sells. So things aren't gonna change and I guess they lost a good gamer...so long Cobra_UK. You will be missed in the GT community :(
 
Cobra_UK
But when will GT5 be released? Another 3 years? Some people have been waiting for these features since the first GT? I'm not prepared to be devoted to GT for another 3 years. And who knows if they'll deliver then? They haven't done so far. PD knows we want them so why not?"

This is a statement that i whole heartedly agree with.
Its exactly why im so disgruntled with GT.
They promise time after time to improve the same aspects and time after time they fail to deliver.
I dont even think PD will deliver GT5 in less than 4 years and as it will be the first outing on the new hardware will propably once again feature Fewer cars and tracks than 4 and will KAZ still be waiting for standard internet connections to be over 1Mbit before he takes it online.
Ill enjoy what i can from 4, but after that i will seriously be looking elsewhere for racing thrills.

Edit: dunkee i think GT4 will sell much less than Gt3 to be honest, I have a long list of reasons to believe this, one of them being that I dont think the game is going to get fantastic reviews. theyll be good but i dont think theyll be as praising as they were with GT3, and the fact that certain aspects havent appeared or may not be improved will not go down so well with some reviewers especially after so many promises and such a long wait.
 
I understand the disappointment over the lack of an online mode, and sort of get why people might want damage.

However, I've never seen anyone get that upset over 3D spectators. Seriously, it's like the least significant aspect of the game. You can't even focus on the spectators when you're flying by them at 180 mph. I mean the ones near the front are 3d, and they even react to your car as you drive by. What more do you expect from them? The LAST thing I want them to do is take polys from the cars and terrain to add them to the spectators.
 
GTXLR
dunkee i think GT4 will sell much less than Gt3 to be honest, I have a long list of reasons to believe this, one of them being that I dont think the game is going to get fantastic reviews. theyll be good but i dont think theyll be as praising as they were with GT3, and the fact that certain aspects havent appeared or may not be improved will not go down so well with some reviewers especially after so many promises and such a long wait.

I agree w/ you about getting bad reviews. GT doesn't have what everyone else has noadays but I still think it's gonna make a killing. GT is GT. PPL from all over the world know GT, car manufactures usem to promote their cars, they're in movies. It appeals to everyone...Grown-ups, kids, babies (yes I'm exagerrating)....It's gonna sell. PD will be arrogant for a while. After Forza comes out and gets a better rep they might change their ways though.
 
Going back to the topic...will GT4 sell PSTWO. Yes it will. It is beautiful. All they have to do is post some pics of the Nurb, some cool cars and consider it sold. Forza not too many know about. IMO I think they will advertise the whole bodykit and damage feature and it will look like every other game w/ bodykits and damage...something just for kids. It doesn't come across as a classy game...but then again that's just me.

Bottom line...Do I think GT is gonna lose any fan base for not adding what evryone has? No. All you guys are still gonna buy GT4 even though you are mad at them.
 
I wanted a new silver PS2 for my lounge, a flip top is no good as the gap it would fit in doesnt have top access. All the stores seem to have pulled the silvers from the shelfs now they have the slim line.

PS you were right that GT is GT and will sell, but without good reviews it wont sell as many, that was the point i was hinting at.
And yes i will buy it anyway.
 
code_kev
GT3's cars were allmost reflectionless, and the ones that had em were obviously faked. I really can't be bothered listing games with better reflections, but try vice city on the xbox, Juiced and RSC2.

Of course they're faked, it's a video game. It's quite impossible for video games to do real-time raytracing. Hell, it's impossible for anything to do real-time raytracing. It looks as though all of the games you've listed are Xbox games.. how am I supposed to "check those out" when I don't have an Xbox? Juiced isn't even out yet and I have no idea what "RSC2" is.
 
They need to make one that has GT4 on it and make white.....or silver. I would buy it. :)
 
It's all bit disappointing, it's all a bit politics.

BUT I did say this right at the beginning, PD does not have to give us what we want because in the absence of competition what else's is there? So yes, GT4 will sell, but not as well and it will alienate more GT fans (so will the next god knows how many years of development time until GT5).

You see it's not that GT4 will not be a bad game, it's just that it will have lasting appeal to people like us, many others will move on to the next game within a few months. But it's us that keep the torch of GT lit for years after. So show us some respect and listen to what we'd like. I don't remember many people begging for the B-Spec and Photomode for the last 5 years.

Lastly the things we want are common ground in a lot of other brand new racing titles on the PS2/XBOX and even PC. So we're not exactly asking for the world...
 
I'll hold you to that "won't sell as well" thing when GT4 shatters all game-sale records.

And no, it's not politics, it's business. Big difference.
 
If this game were all about making small changes and getting people to buy the next game in line, there'd be a new one every year like Madden or Tiger Woods, and there CERTAINLY wouldn't be this many delays of the release date.
 
It's politics in the sense you're told you'll get something and you support it but when it's time to deliver you're left in the cold.

Online? All spectators 3D? Fantastic AI?

Those are just some of the things PD said GT4 will feature then came back and changed their mind. And all of you waited with increddible patience for the release dates that keep changing and long-winded delays.

Everybody starting to get the picture now? But it will sell because some people never learn, and big companys love to use them to get big profits and keep franchises going.
 
Online - Removed for a damn good reason that I happen to agree with. And I don't play online anyway.. useless feature.

All spectators 3D - Well, since the game ain't out yet, we just don't KNOW if all spectators will be 3D, do we?

Fantastic AI - never promised. The word you're looking for is "Improved" AI. And again, since the game ain't out yet.. we just don't know, do we?
 
Cobra_UK
It's politics in the sense you're told you'll get something and you support it but when it's time to deliver you're left in the cold.

Online? All spectators 3D? Fantastic AI?

Those are just some of the things PD said GT4 will feature then came back and changed their mind. And all of you waited with increddible patience for the release dates that keep changing and long-winded delays.

Everybody starting to get the picture now? But it will sell because some people never learn, and big companys love to use them to get big profits and keep franchises going.

Yup, you are correct but it's OK...I'll get over it. I'm so happy I don't have to buy a PS2 to play it though ;)

Online - in Forza...go get it

3D Spectators - Not in Forza...but who cares about spectators anyway

Fantastic AI - Drivatar will be awesome 👍

You are gonna be so happy w/ Forza :)
 
This guy Jedi2016 is I think the biggest idiot I've ran into on these forums.

FACT PD in very early interviews did say the computer controlled cars AI were much-improved and it will be a fantastic experience racing against them. But it was just as bad in GT Prologue right? Then recently in another interview KY said it it was better than GT Prologue but nowhere near as good as it should be due to PS2 hardware limitations.

FACT All spectators 3D was a promise by KY but recently PD informed us that some spectators will stay 2D but it will not be noticeable since these are in the backround and spectator stands.

Now this one's funny. So just because Jedi2016 will not play GT4 online then that feature is useless. You see because the world revolves around him :lol: You got to laugh.
 
Cobra_UK
This guy Jedi2016 is I think the biggest idiot I've ran into on these forums.

FACT PD in very early interviews did say the computer controlled cars AI were much-improved and it will be a fantastic experience racing against them. But it was just as bad in GT Prologue right? Then recently in another interview KY said it it was better than GT Prologue but nowhere near as good as it should be due to PS2 hardware limitations.

FACT All spectators 3D was a promise by KY but recently PD informed us that some spectators will stay 2D but it will not be noticeable since these are in the backround and spectator stands.

Now this one's funny. So just because Jedi2016 will not play GT4 online then that feature is useless. You see because the world revolves around him :lol: You got to laugh.

Yup.

Yup.

That is Jedi2016's opinion. Personally I think online would be cool but I don't mind not having it. I have my "mates" that I race w/ multiplayer. Bragging is much better when your oponent is next to you.
 
in reply to #137

Oh look dunkee is heard something else he doesn't like and he'll use his wonderful sarcasm skills and cleverness to ridicule them. "You don't like it, well what you're waiting for, go play Forza Motorsport!".

Now these 2 guys were here yesterday with attitude and got nowhere with god knows what they were trying to achieve. But like those people that never learn they're back again. They could just ignore the thread but that's way above their level of intellect I guess.
 
Cobra_UK
in reply to #137

Oh look dunkee is heard something else he doesn't like and he'll use his wonderful sarcasm skills and cleverness to ridicule them. "You don't like it, well what you're waiting for, go play Forza Motorsport!".

Now these 2 guys were here yesterday with attitude and got nowhere with god knows what they were trying to achieve. But like those people that never learn they're back again. They could just ignore the thread but that's way above their level of intellect I guess.

Everyone here has treated you w/ respect. Everytime someone directs something towards you, you immediately get butt hurt and lash out calling ppl stupid. If you keep at it, you will eventually get this thread locked.

As for why I keep coming back, I am bored at work. Also like I said before, the topic is interesting..."will GT4 sell PSTWO" which I answered and you agreed to my response. You keep bringing back useless responses which I respond w/ "you have an XBox and Forza seems to have what you are looking for". Topic closed. No need to get offended.
 
donkee From the first post you have made on this thread you have been sarcastic with me, you can't wait to see me go or this thread dissapear. At no point did you post a serious reply to this thread. I did not lash at anyone and just stated your hidden but actually blatant attitude. As for calling Jedi2016 stupid, well it's nothing compared to his comments aimed at me yesterday in his first post. And in all honesty his posts denote the fact that he is undeniably stupid.

This is GTPlanet for GT related discussions. Not "Don't you dare say anything negative about GT, Planet".

EDIT: MadduckUK just popped in this thread with no aim what so ever but just to attack me personally, nothing constructive to the thread. So who is the troll me or him?
 
Online - Removed for a damn good reason that I happen to agree with. And I don't play online anyway.. useless feature.

AHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA, I'm laughing at you jedi. Online multiplayer makes games better, it's a FACT.


how am I supposed to "check those out" when I don't have an Xbox?

Magic. 👍

btw I'll be buying Gt4 AND forza. 💡
 
Thing is I never said I like Forza Motorsport better, to be honest I'm not sure I'll like it yet. I just hope PD gets some competition and starts listening to us players more, because at the moment PD/SONY are toying with us. If your read that donkee and all the others that keep going on about that you'll realise that you're mentioning the XBOX game more than I ever did in this thread.;)

PD/KY has given us players the best driving simulation ever in GT but since then they've not moved on with the times.
 
As far as the online thing, it's been beaten to death. Regardless of what you folks think, online gamers are the MINORITY. Fewer than 15% of PS2 owners even have a network adapter (that's based on actual sales data of PS2's vs Adapters). Now, do you really think PD is going to delay the game for another 6 months-1 year just so 15% of their audience will have another feature? What do the other 85% of the people get out of it? Nada.

Cobra: You mention some articles that back up everything YOU said, but you've failed to back it up with any actual proof. Like, oh, a LINK to the articles?

As for the "biggest idiot" comment... I see you're enjoying your internet-anonymity. Sticks and stones and all that. I seriously doubt you'd have to balls to say that sort of thing to my face if we ever met in person.

The fact that you seem to enjoy attempting to alienate me speaks volumes for your character, by the way. Have you even read what I've written?

You never did answer my question, by the way, concerning your age. Based on your attitude, I find it hard to believe you're any older than about eighteen. Which gives you very little room to be taking smack about me. Do you even know me? Do you know anything about me? The answer would be "no".
 
It always makes me laugh when people say online is useless. "Online whats that some sort of witchcraft!? burn the evil do-ers!!!"

Often its for a number of reasons:
a) They've never played online, or have so with a closed mind/bad setup.
b) They fear change.
c) They don't have a clue about how to get online.
d) They fear competition.
e) They prefer to give the AI pet names.... "AHAAHAHAHA I BEAT MICHEAL SHUMACHER AHAHHAHA IN A MX-5 IM THE BEST AHAHAHAA"...
f) Simply not possible to get online.

Of course this isn't true for everyone but I can't help but feel that this applies to some. By the way I'm not a massive online fanboy of some kind, I often prefer singleplayer games. But some of the best moments I've had in gaming have been online and those that haven't been online don't know what their missing to be honest. Playing against 5 AI cars/2 player split screen doesn't compare with online games of Race Driver/Live For Speed at all, against full grids of REAL people. Something GT would have really benefitted from.

Edit: Jedi, part of the whole online GT thing was to get more PS2 owners online. Something which PD & Sony (in RE: GT) have failed on as of yet even thought they've had plenty of time.
 
Im quite looking forward to Forza turning out to be secretly quite good as a racer, and nobody here believing it. :D
It may not have the same quality out of the Box as GT, but it wont matter as ill have both and skip between the two.
Then a few of us can quietly enjoy it amongst ourselves alone and online while you all troll through GT4, then sit around waiting for part 5. :p

to add to T5R, online gaming adds a whole new dimension to games.
Sometimes it can be intensley serious, and other times can be just pure fun, and sometimes, although in my experience quite rare, it can be an infuraiting experience.
But it is never the same twice.
 
Talking about AI...

the only really smart AI in all racing games I tried is EA's PC F1 Challenge '99-'02 with RH03 & RH04 mod.

Those AI are fast and furious, agressive and skilled as they can be. But......like all drivers, sometimes they, AI, makes mistakes too!!

Kinda amazing right?

GT4 wise....well, it's the REAL DRIVING sim. So......who cares about the look of the car or the spectators? It's about the feel, the drive. I use in car view, so I can't see the car myself except replays (I seldom watch anyway). Spectators, like many said, you don't really take note of them while racing.

About the PS2 and HDD. What benfit does with the HDD anyway? So what if it has more storage space? PS games have been so efficient with it's storage, even 8MB memory card has been doing rather well I'll say. So that's a really good point in engineering point of view. (Oh yes, I'm a EEE student)


About waiting for GT5. Yes, like many of us, I've waited and wanted the next GT to come out so much each time. But it's just a game after all. We put our pirorities right in life. A game is just for fun when we've time for it. Family, friends, work should all come first (I'll put God first since I'm a Christian. :)).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back