GT4 WRS Week 1: Start Your Engines!

• Thread starter Kent
  • 353 comments
I am done with this combo as well.
Pretty disappointing the only area of the track i've made any progress since my first hour of the track is between T1 and T2.

And i find that setting my fastest lap in a 30min session at 12am after 4 hours of sleep a little frustrating as well. How can i not be able to run faster being fresh with a good night of sleep... :grumpy:

Well thats my first race done with the WRS , time submitted.

Had a real love/hate thing going with this combo, but slowly came to grips with a few corners :) , while with others im sure there must be a faster way around :banghead: , and by the times posted on here , there are , i dips me lid in your direction :bowdown:

My final Times T1 - 37.975 ( my first time in the 37's )
T2 - 1.18.600
DFP
Looking forward to seeing the final results for this race 1, and looking forward to the challenge of race 2.

Thanks, and good luck to all 👍

Well I've finally figured out how to drive this car, being that its sunday night here I need to stop soon though.

T1: 36.920
T2: 1'15.982

Well I've submitted my time, I promised Missing Link I'd help him with something this weekend so I better go get to it. Might squeeze in a couple of laps tommorrow if I can get home early enough.

Awesome stuff h0t6o4b0i and hollo1, you made me really push myself 👍

Ok .. well seems I can not keep a clean run when I get times below 40.000 or even with a worse T1, end up with better T2 and final.

T1 : 40.315
T2 : 1' 23.650

Time Submitted

Vxed, TY btw. Rereading your write up helped me on the T1-T2 area, just seems couldn't keep it clean by a hair when had better times.

GL to all those still running since it still the weekend in States. 👍

Time submitted 👍 👎 👍 👎 (not sure which one to use) ;)

[sob story]
I believe this weeks combo confirms that I need to adapt a different driving style/control config for GT4 because I suck big time. My current style is OK and can produce some fast times when compared to many, but it's falling short of what I deem acceptable in terms of ranking which is normally about .500 or thereabouts per lap slower than the top drivers. Now it seems I'm over 1 sec slower when up against a number of unknown OLR'ers :scared: :scared:

I can't accept that it is just a coincidence that a number of really fast drivers have arrived on the scene at the same time, they must be doing something the game rewards that a button & D-Pad man can't achieve, so it's time for change. :yuck:

I admit that I have spent hours on this combo just trying to be less than 1 sec behind the leaders up to T2, I can see most of the time available(1'16.3's but no more) and could match the T1 times but I just couldn't do it after that plain and simple. :(
[/sob story]

Can't wait to see the replays, especially from you fast DS2 guys, so please post them if you can 👍

Time submitted with a 1'16.6 t2. Couldn't ever reach that 1'16.3 I saw earlier.

I have one doubt..if you're asked for a request of time verification what can we send as a proof? The replay?And if we don't have a capture card..does a photo of the time taken will do?

thx :)

I just thought of something that might pose a problem with verifying times. What if someone requests a replay in the results thread but the person who need to supply the replay doesn't see it? With 50 posts in the results thread it could easily be lost in the shuffle. I was thinking that people requesting verification should be required to put their times in bold red. Along with that, you could have a list of racers pending verification in the results thread.

Tim_Gommers
Might I ask what hybrids are?
Hybrids are cars made of parts from different cars. For example a Mini Cooper with the engine of a Formula 1.
They could be made for GT3 and GT Concept by using MK's program.
As far as I know, there's nothing similar for GT4... Yet.
There's a whole forum dedicated to hybrids : here

Brioso
I have one doubt..if you're asked for a request of time verification what can we send as a proof? The replay?And if we don't have a capture card..does a photo of the time taken will do?

thx :)
Pictures won't prove that the lap was 100% clean. Video maybe...

Edit :
The more I think about it, the less I think video would have any chance to be considered a proof.
That leaves only replays (.sps, .xps or .max)

37.6/1'17.6, a big thanks to Sphinx for sharing his T1 replay with me, it really helped me sort my line out, and gave me a massive improvement in my time. More to come today hopefully.

flat-out
Pictures won't prove that the lap was 100% clean. Video maybe...

Edit :
The more I think about it, the less I think video would have any chance to be considered a proof.
That leaves only replays (.sps, .xps or .max)

And who as the "basic" hardware as I do like the PS2,PC,MEMORY CARD just can't participate in the Weekly Race Series because if the moderator asks me to proof my time I just can't send it :yuck: :yuck:

Remember that you wil probably only be asked for a replay in the case that your time is very fast or just seems impossible altogether.

Submitted my time today, I highly doubt it's a winning time, but it's the best I could do with my limited DFP skills :P

i thought division leaders all had to submit replays (mandatory) - whether anyone is suspicious or not

i for one, would just like to see the lap - i dont think there is anything unfair about that

Division 1 winner has to provide replay. Other than that it is by request.

Brioso
And who as the "basic" hardware as I do like the PS2,PC,MEMORY CARD just can't participate in the Weekly Race Series because if the moderator asks me to proof my time I just can't send it :yuck: :yuck:
Right, but I'm not the one who makes the rules, I only fully support them.

The basic hardware consists in :

PS2 : 150 €
Memcard : 45 €
Pad : 30 €
GT4 : 60 €
Total : 285 €

A Maxdrive is below 30 €. Peanuts compared to what you already spent to play GT4.
Plus I don't count the PC, the internet connection, the DFP if you have one, and you could have bought your PS2 more than what I mention (I paid mine 250 €).

So yes you can run in the WRS with no additional cost, the only thing you cannot do for free is winning first division or submitting incredibly fast times.
;)

I'm just about to replace my dodgy X-Port for a Max Drive. On ebay they are going for around 15.9 GBP new, thats about 23.3 EUR or 30.1 USD

flat-out
Hybrids are cars made of parts from different cars. For example a Mini Cooper with the engine of a Formula 1.
They could be made for GT3 and GT Concept by using MK's program.
As far as I know, there's nothing similar for GT4... Yet.
There's a whole forum dedicated to hybrids : here

got the improvement i was looking for in my lap

think it could be the final time obtainable for me... but ill try a bit more

T1 0:36.757
T2 1:15.775

gonna go out to buy my max drive rite after the Champ Car race! Long BEACH

hOt6o4bOi
got the improvement i was looking for in my lap

think it could be the final time obtainable for me... but ill try a bit more

T1 0:36.757
T2 1:15.775

gonna go out to buy my max drive rite after the Champ Car race! Long BEACH

Don't miss your chance to buy one.

A time like that is going to be marked in the results with a *

Please get to it asap and reffer to the rules thread (which I am sure you have seen).

good luck in the race results everyone. ;)

Race 1 is pretty popular I see. Nice to see so many drivers :cool:

Don't have the time to fight for top spot at the moment I think, when I see the times on the leaderboard :scared: . I'll try to submit a time every week though :)

Just managed to drive a bunch of laps. That hill is really annoying, didn't manage a lot of clean laps :yuck: 👎

Time submitted: 37.080 / 1'16.269

time submitted, think i nailed this 1! :sly:

im gonna be sending in my replay tommorow afternoon
i have 3 days to get it in

i planned on getting my max drive right after the Champ car race but unfortunately i wont be getting it this afternoon, thats no problem tho

i also tried to sign up for that online site to buy it for 11 sumtin euros = 19 canadian which woulda been perfect for me. But it keeps telling me my postal code is wrong......................................

so sit tight guys and have no worries you WILL see my replay LAP

Back