GT4 WRS Week 1: Start Your Engines!

• Thread starter Kent
  • 353 comments
gonna call it quits on this one, and submit, and wait for next weeks race very good one this week though

Well, I guess I'll chime in my div2 t times for the leaderboard. Still amazed at the times some of you are getting :scared:

1:18.781
DFP

I know where I can shave some time, just can't seem to translate it to the wheel and pedals :grumpy:

I know my times aren't tops, but having started this comp running with 40.xxx's and 1:2x.xxx's I'll share my insights for those who are loosing hope.

I cut almost a full 1.5 seconds out of my lap times when I stopped the binary throttle usage. Either I was standing on the throttle or I was completely off it. Same with the brakes.

Another thing that I'm doing is utilizing weight transfer. before entering a corner brake hard and eas back on the brakes while easing on the throttle. I've noticed this keeps the nose planted reducing understeer.

idle

Some Half decent sector times from me.

T1: 37.570
T2: 1'16.819

:crazy:

Well I got up this morning, felt good, and fired up the GT4.

Now to see why I am losing time in T1 but over all have cut down the time. /boggle If I could just remove that one stupid invis wall that I seem to be clipping sometimes.

T1 :41.079
T2 : 1'24.027

T1 37.462
T2 117.255

And that is it. I know I could be faster but I lack any more time to try to pull it out. I will submit my time and see where I stand.

Week 1 was a blast!

First race ever in the WRS :)
T1: 38.531
T2:1.19.579

With the DS2
I don't see how you guys are getting 36/1.17's, good work!

EDIT: Sending my times in...doubt I'll get more out of it. :indiff:

I have just finished a quick 10 lap session. I finally managed to improve my split times by a reasonable amount, cutting almost one second and a half from my previous best lap time.

Here are my splits:

T1: 0'38.080
T2: 1'18.173

I don't see how T2's in the ballpark of 1'16 can possibly be obtained, but I would be more than happy to manage to get into the 1'17.xxx.

I will run some more sessions tomorrow.

The Wizard.

did a time of

36.8xx
1'15.857

but only managed to beat my time by .003, so i'm not going to bother resubmitting the time to kent again.

holl01
but only managed to beat my time by .003, so i'm not going to bother resubmitting the time to kent again.

Can we submitt times a few times ? Or just once ?

You can submit a new time if you happen to make a faster lap (as far as I know), but it does make more work for Kent.

I hesitate to even post my times since they still stink, but since I dropped over 5 seconds off my lap time, for me they are an improvement.

T1 39.394
T2 1'21.353

Watching the replay the lap looked a lot more sloppy than it seemed while driving it, so it gave me lots of ideas for improvement. Still a LONG way to go to even come close to the top numbers (gosh, there must be a reason why I'm in D3, then! :yuck: )

I've improved a lot since my previous post. I tried using TCS, but for me it made that little jump even harder. So I turned it of again. My final T times are:
T1. 37.651
T2. 1'17.837
I'm really proud of my overall time, and at the start of the week I never thought I could get a time like that. After a lot of practice everything just clicked and I started getting high 37s in T1 (my best ever is 37.4xx) and making the jump in T2 quite regularly. I hope I don't have to play as much on the next challenge though (still need to unlock the endurance events).

Time submitted. Ended at 38.480 - 1'18.801. Slightly slower at T2, but 0.750 off at the line. Good luck and see you next week. :)

TheChemist
East Bay, Walnut Creek.
Cool, not too far away. I'm over in the valley by Modesto. Well at least for this month. I'm moving to Portland at the end of the month. :boggled:
Smallhorses is over in the bay also. He travels a lot for work though.

tuff240
Cool, not too far away. I'm over in the valley by Modesto. Well at least for this month. I'm moving to Portland at the end of the month. :boggled:
Smallhorses is over in the bay also. He travels a lot for work though.
Cool, my brother almost went to UoP, but he got a full ride at Pacific Lutheran. Oregon is a great place, I have family up there.

Finally got close to where I want to... unfortunately made a hash of the final sector so my overall time could be better.

Oh well, I've had enough.

T1: 0'37.169
T2: 1'16.841

D2 DFP

Time submitted

just beat my best lap by .180

so now i got sector times of

T1 : 0:36.820
T2 : 1:15.791

amazing that i still think i mite be able to get .150 more out of it

Back