GT4 WRS Week 10: "Bird-Bird-Bird, Bird is the Word!"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 437 comments
Kent
However, I'm glad to see that some of the D2 runners (i.e. Kenny) are putting in replays regardless of their position in the results.

Trust me, that means more than I can say, especially to an old grump like me (and even more so when I get beat). :lol:

To be honest, I usually only submit a replay if I figure I did very well in a race. No sense in showing people how NOT to do a run :lol: :lol: :lol:

hOt6o4bOi
im having so much trouble beating my time...
hehe gotta keep on trying tho, gonna have a good long session tonite~

.140 improvement

t1 - 0'22.680
t2 - 0'46.875

You must have nailed the end!

No problem hotboi.
Fact is, you're fast and you're proving it with support which does earn you credit as a fast racer. 👍

Kenny,
You will have to excuse me lol.
Running this race and actually catching people use illegitimate times can throw off your sense of trust in new racers (don't forget, I did that job for 52 weeks! lol).

Once I start seeing times that beat mine I look at the replays for one of 2 reasons.
1) To learn from the replay
2) To verify the replay

Both have their times, but sometimes any one can lose sight of which reason they are watching the replay for. :dunce:

Posting replays eventually becomes a symbol of trust and not just proof.
After some time on this site I started to notice that many replays from well-known fast racers weren't getting many downloads.
Some times I credit that to the fact that no one wants to verify a replay they are sure is clean. :lol:

At the same time though, you never know when a posted replay will be checked so just posting it is often a sign that the user is confident their lap is clean. 👍

Any way, I'm out of here once again. lol.
Looking at the race menu for an f1 I just started and I'm dreading it lol.
Don't feel like putting in that much work and B-spec boy isn't too good with complex tracks like motegi. :lol:

Later. :D

Kent
Kenny,
You will have to excuse me lol.
Running this race and actually catching people use illegitimate times can throw off your sense of trust in new racers (don't forget, I did that job for 52 weeks! lol).

Once I start seeing times that beat mine I look at the replays for one of 2 reasons.
1) To learn from the replay
2) To verify the replay

Posting replays eventually becomes a symbol of trust and not just proof.

At the same time though, you never know when a posted replay will be checked so just posting it is often a sign that the user is confident their lap is clean. 👍

Later. :D

Yeah. I find it hard to believe people cheat in this. It's not like you gain much. I hope no one is cheating now... :yuck:

(you are allowed to ride the walls and cut the grass, right? what is that? no? huh?) :)

Soyfu
Same for me. I only pay attention to times on clean laps.

Sometimes I write down an amazing sector on a dirty lap if it was far away better than all my others :sly:

Update: Just knocked off .038 at the end, with a **** T2 of 47.157...I think I did the end absolutely perfect! Now < a tenth away from breaking that certain second barrier....

Threw the Bird around (not the finger) the track and sliced .2 seconds off. If I can run my best T1 with my best T2, I can definitely cut at least .3 seconds more.

T1 0:23.161
T2 0:47.878
T3 1:**.*** hehe

This will probably be my time unless I have time to run tomorrow.

Good luck all.

Kolyana
I'm losing a full second AFTER T2 and on the back straight ... a full god damned second! I can't figure this combo out at all ... it's the first week where I have truly felt way out of my depth and have found no joy nor inspiration in it. It's also the first where I've probably spent less than a couple of hours on it ... I should race more, but man it's sucking my soul dry. :(
Yeah... I know what you mean! But I managed to find that second somehow... :sly: Hopefully those tips will help you out a bit, although you probably already knew most of them...

Anywho, here are my splits for that run I submitted, I just wanna see them up on the leaderboard... Give me MAYBE an idea of where I'm at for this week. Who knows. I'm going to be out of town when the results get submitted too!!! I'mma cry! Anyone want to call me when they get posted and let me know how I did? Hahaha, serious though! I'd also be curious as to what the next week would have in store for us...

Oops, hehe, forgot the splits:

Man O Man!!!

Ive just spent the last 30 minutes trying to verify my new fast lap. After extensive review in photomode its clear that in the right turn of the esses in sector 1 that I had placed 2.5 tires into the grass. My right sides were in the grass clearly and my left rear remained clearly on the rumble strip. The left front is where the attention is. Ive looked at every possible picture and every possible angle it appears that half of my left front went onto the the grass whilst the other half was on the rumble strip. According to CFM's and the WRS rules, the lap is legal as long as two tires are touching portions which are considered the track, and I am doing that so in conclusion the lap is legal.

If I dont run any faster laps than this I will submit it. I will proudly post up the max drive file for all to see regardless of what place I finish in simply because its kinda cool how close it is.

The sectors were not actually much faster than my previos sectors excep in the sector that counts. Ive been able to shave nearly half a second of my final.

That's fully legal. I had about 1cm of (the third)tire on the track in my D3 winning Skyline replay...

Okay here's a question to the pitlane: how is everyone taking turns 2 and 3 (left-right up the hill)? I've found a few effective lines into turn 2 resulting in a fast time through here, but most of them are difficult to get right consistently. Also, what's a good approach to the fast right-hander before the final hairpin? It's seriously frustrating trying to hold a fast line through there and keep TCS to a minimum :irked:

No comment, i cant help, i hate this combo.

T1: 22.894
T2: 47.614

Time submitted, im back to playing san andreas this week......

dude im screwed, i left my power lead for my ps2 at my friend's house and i cant go over there because my doctor told me to rest for 24 hours. I cant miss out on another race. i need to start working my way up the table. Damn i'm so annoyed right now. And he's at school so i cant get him to run it over.

rite,
i know i've left this a bit late, but in a last ditched attempt to submit some sort of time, i've done an evenings worth of racing.
the only problem is (suprise suprise!) i'm struggling.
got the course as good as its gonna get right down to the s bend after the T2 marker. theres the tight right turn and an imediate left- then i get flumaxed!
i'm sure i should be going round staying in 4th but its just damn impossible to stay on my racing line if i do!
someone please help me quickly so i can try and put it right by this evening!!

@EXelero: you're talking about the esses after T2 right? Here's how I do it, though judging by the times this week I'm not the fastest. Stay in 4th, brake down to around 135kph and hug the apex of the left-hander, then lift off briefly at turn-in for the right hander, throttle to about 80% and as you touch the inside rumble strip floor it and you should hold the tarmac and exit on the outside rumble cresting the hill. There's a rhythm to it and the car WILL be riding at the limit of lateral grip (be careful when changing directions, if you do it too quickly the tires will start arguing loudly), but if you hook it up the car will respond pretty well and you can carry a lot of speed through here.

My problem is the right-hander that follows...oh and turns 2 through 5 :grumpy: I'm still hoping someone will answer my request for tips on these sections

ZeratulSG
My problem is the right-hander that follows...oh and turns 2 through 5 :grumpy: I'm still hoping someone will answer my request for tips on these sections

For the fast right hander before the final hairpin, try braking a bit earlier than you think. There's a little left hand kink that I like to brake before and then while braking, slide to the left all the way and start your turn in, get your right two tires on the rumbles in the fast right. And remember to turn in smoothly. That's how I do it at least.

@ Zera.
thanks heaps gonna go give it a go and practise!
i'm sure my way of doing that corner is far from correct, but here goes anyway!
i go at it at full throttle and wide then brake quite sharply turning the car in towards the rumble strip. then i keep the throttle at 75/80% to try and hold the line and wack up the throttle again to pull out of the corner. if you start to brake when the indicator for gear change starts to flash, its usually ok, even tho it looks like your gonna turn miles before the corner actually appears!

Over start line in 4th, 112mph.....
Turn in early to just miss the end of the white wall on your left, keep it tight to the left approaching the yellow line and grass of the first part of the first chicane.
Brake, hit 3rd and floor it to stay left, brake again as you pass the end of the red and white kerb on your left, sling it right, and balance the car and the throttle over the right hand part of the first chicane.
Use all the kerb.

Up to 4th, then back to 3rd again as you turn into the next chicane, unless you are Holl01, in which case, you will stay in 4th.
Im human, so i go back to 3rd, then almost use the grass on the turn in to the left, running the kerb with the left wheels, or drivers side, then i back off for a millisecond, then re-apply the throttle as i swing right and hit the kerb (only the flat bit mind) with my right hand wheels ( passenger side ) and into 4th early, to stop the thing drifting off into the grass before T1.

I hate it.

So therefore ive submitted, and im off to play gta.

Good luck ZeratulSG.

You will probably need it.

Humph

@CFM: thanks! I think the problem I have is that a) I usually scrub off too much speed and b) I can't seem to find the right turn-in point. Either that or I turn in too quickly and the tires lose grip, so I end up drifting around and losing speed. Anyway I'll try your approach line and see if that helps 👍

I've been battling the same ghost for a few days now, and I can manage much faster T-times until I lose it either in the esses (I know how to do them, I just can't do them right every time :irked: ) or that blasted right-hander.

Another quick question: what speed does everyone carry through the final hairpin? I'm managing about 62kph at apex on a good day...

EXelero and vexd, thanks for the tips 👍

@vexd: interesting line through turn 2, I usually approach from about mid-track, I'll try your approach. Brake for turn 3 at the END of the turn 2 rumble strip? Hmm. You must be scrubbing more speed into turn 2 then, because if I brake that late I'll be sitting in the stands outside turn 3 :) Maybe I'm coming into 2 a little hot, I'll give it a try! Enjoy GTA :cool:

Okay, I know every time I post I have a question, so in keeping with that tradition ;) - what view does everyone use to drive? Personally I can't use anything but the bumper cam, but I struggle to feel the width of some cars (like the Superbird) in this view. Makes turns 4 and 5 a little tricky. So what are you guys using?

23 hours until deadline.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR DIVISION WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR TIME TO ME!!!

@Randy - The Superbrd must be unlocked by winning the muscle car championship in American Hall.

ZeratulSG
EXelero and vexd, thanks for the tips 👍

@vexd: interesting line through turn 2, I usually approach from about mid-track, I'll try your approach. Brake for turn 3 at the END of the turn 2 rumble strip? Hmm. You must be scrubbing more speed into turn 2 then, because if I brake that late I'll be sitting in the stands outside turn 3 :) Maybe I'm coming into 2 a little hot, I'll give it a try! Enjoy GTA :cool:

VEXD has headed off. suffering in our weather and has a headache. just wanted to say Zeratul that i've watched him do this race a few times, and he is fast round this corner! his advice worked for me anyhow!!! :sly:

@randymcchickenf.....
didnt realise anyone actually did the coffee breaks, but the fact that you have and golded them leaves me in amazement! i sometimes think the coffee breaks are harder than the actual licences themselves! is that why my driving skill is less than poor? cos i skipped the coffee breaks?!

EXelero
@randymcchickenf.....
didnt realise anyone actually did the coffee breaks, but the fact that you have and golded them leaves me in amazement! i sometimes think the coffee breaks are harder than the actual licences themselves! is that why my driving skill is less than poor? cos i skipped the coffee breaks?!

Thanks 👍
I know of quite a few people that have done them. I find that if you try something for longenough it becomes second nature.

CFM
Randy - The Superbrd must be unlocked by winning the muscle car championship in American Hall.

Thanks 👍, wonder if i can win the muscle car championship and enter a decent time before the qualifying time...... 💡 Gives me about 7 hours till i go 2 slp (im english)

Randymcchickenf
Thanks 👍
I know of quite a few people that have done them. I find that if you try something for longenough it becomes second nature.

Thanks 👍, wonder if i can win the muscle car championship and enter a decent time before the qualifying time...... 💡 Gives me about 7 hours till i go 2 slp (im english)

The Muscle car Championship doesnt take to long, fairly easy, just get the 'cuda, (In plymouth showroom), give it a modest upgrade...dont have to spend too much there,then you should be able to win it easily, and the bird is yours!!
Good luck!
Shouldnt be a problem for you.

Latest Posts

Back