GT4 WRS Week 10: "Bird-Bird-Bird, Bird is the Word!"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 437 comments
Im back, after getting the Bird. 50mins of racing and i have a Time. I now understand how fast some people are!!! I seem to loose about a second between T1 and T2 from the fastest times ive seen!!!

T1 23.350 (23.033 best but mucked up)
T2 47.996

Anyone got any tips for the middle section??

Stay left coming up to that sharp turn and brake later than you'd expect. Turn hard into the corner, clipping the inside rumble right next to the wall and then let the left tires ride the rumble strip of the turn that immediately follows. It cut a good .2 seconds off my time.

Jpec07
Stay left coming up to that sharp turn and brake later than you'd expect. Turn hard into the corner, clipping the inside rumble right next to the wall and then let the left tires ride the rumble strip of the turn that immediately follows. It cut a good .2 seconds off my time.

ok thx, ill try that.

Just given it another 20min attempt and somehow managed under 23 for T1!! Then to my amazment managed a 22.668. Still cant get that T2 time down much tho... T2 47.7ish. Already submitted my time though, thinking i wouldnt be online again before the deadline. Anyone know whether i can change it??

Losi .. I think you probably have a top five in D2, never mind D3!!! You're so fast man and have a great attitude. I look forward to seeing you fighting at the top of D2, because promotion for you can't be far away!!!

Thanks for the kind words Kolyana. I am sorry that you did/are not liking this weeks combo. I hope that next week the combo will be something that lets your true talent shine!

Time submited

Good Luck to everyone and Great racing this week!

Yeah, I wish I could make my first week in D2 a little more ... tenacious? ... but it looks like I'll be marking the event with the combo that has bored me the most to date (nothing against you CFM, just the way things have fallen).

I have figured out a few things, however ... like how this particular track is truly my achillies heel. One day I'll have to figure the bugger out, but I can't see it being this week!

Who would have thought that I'd fair better in the damn rally event? Ah well.

All I know is that, from personal experience, Losi is wrong. I've submitted WRS times many times in a week, giving the best of each session to the race manager, sometimes submitting as many as 3 per day (only during the summer when nothing was happening). I'm not sure what the rule on that is currently, but I've already submitted my fastest time (even with another hour of work I couldn't get a lap faster right now).

After 2 sessions:
T1 - 22.550
T2 - 46.498

I'm thinking that this will be my final time.

EDIT - I have forfeited these times due to my improper running of Week 10. I was on Sports Soft tires.

Jpec07
All I know is that, from personal experience, Losi is wrong. I've submitted WRS times many times in a week, giving the best of each session to the race manager, sometimes submitting as many as 3 per day (only during the summer when nothing was happening). I'm not sure what the rule on that is currently, but I've already submitted my fastest time (even with another hour of work I couldn't get a lap faster right now).

its better, if you would just hold off on submitting times.... untill you are sure
this will lower the amount of CFM's PM's greatly

im sure he'd appreciate it :D

Jpec07

My mistake then. Sorry If I mislead anyone. I apologize, I guess I must have assumed that it was one final time per driver.

Originally Posted by Slicks

After 2 sessions:
T1 - 22.550
T2 - 46.498

wOw, either you are on wrong tires...
or your challenging for the lead...

TeamLosiRacer
My mistake then. Sorry If I mislead anyone. I apologize, I guess I must have assumed that it was one final time per driver.

Losi. you're not wrong ... it's bad form to submit multiple time ... especially three times a day - that would be crazy. Posting them here is one thing, submitting that many times to CFM would be bizarre at best.

There are over 200 (?) registered drivers in the WRS and often 100 compete in any given week ... if all of them submitted 2 or 3 times a day, then it's not hard to see how quickly he'd get buried.

One submission ... your final and best time.

TLR, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You are definitely in the top 5. Stop getting stressed. I'm hoping for a podium finish but I doubt I have it. I at least want a top 5 myself.

Not racing any tonight. Hampered by a headache from hell. I can tell I won't be able to concentrate.

Time submitted. Good luck all.

Ran some more, took some off the time and saw a 47.6 a few times, but couldn't really get to where I wanted to be overall. Haven't enjoyed the last two weeks at all, so maybe my detractors will see the back of me afterall.

Time submitted.

God I hated this combo.

Ok, i´ve got a good time, 0.2 left but that´s ok, i didn´t like the combo that much.

T1 - 0'22.771
T2 - 0'46.893
T3 - 1'2x.??? :D

Slicks
After 2 sessions:
T1 - 22.550
T2 - 46.498

This is probably due to an error in race setup.

It could be that slicks is faster than just about any of the racers here too. :confused:

Maybe an error in the time posted?

Doesn't matter, in the end it's gonna come down to a replay or a retraction. :lol:

Btw, Jpec07...
Don't submit over and over again.
Try to make one submission if you can.
Also try not to wait till the last second.

Of course, all that stuff is really for the sake of CFM.
Don't matter to me anymore.
However, when you were doing that 3 per day, it was more than likely to me... As I can remember several members having problems with that habit, and well, I specifically remember asking people who did that not to. :rolleyes:

Oh well, sorry to pick at you all. :ouch:

:sly:

I have forfeited my times due to improper running of Week 10. I was mistakenly on Sports Soft tires.
It was, however, a clean lap with proper power & weight.

Slicks
I have forfeited my times due to improper running of Week 10. I was mistakenly on Sports Soft tires.
It was, however, a clean lap with proper power & weight.

You don't have to forfeit the entire race, just go out there on sports hards now. 👍

Edit - I am literally standing on the threshold as to finishing a lap in my desired second range. This last session I must have done 15 runs where I was up to a carlength ahead of my ghost coming into the last 2 turns, and either I wipe out overshoot go just a *tad* bit too slow or some combination of those and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Like some others have said, I really prefer that everyone waits to submit until they are sure they are done working on it. But I do realize that sometimes people find time to squeeze in a last minute run once in a while. As long as it's not habitual, a second submission is not too big a deal.:)

*rolls into the pits, pulls into his garage, gets out of the car and kicks it repeatedly*

:grumpy: Bad car! Bad car! :grumpy:

:D

Right, time submitted. I don't know how many times I managed a 0'47.2xx in T2 only to throw it all away in the final sector. Precise timing is key with this combo but I think my problem this week was simply that I never gained confidence with this car. I was always a little nervous that it would get out of shape and punt me off the track at any given turn.

Anyway, no point in posting my T-times, since they were actually slower than those on Luxy's leaderboard, T3 was faster obviously. Good luck to everyone, I'm off to turn a Superbird into a Phoenix with a little help from a can of lighter fluid :D

Back