GT4 WRS Week 136 : Audi TT Touring Car @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 105 comments
Some improvements during yesterday session. 300 gearing seems the better setting. tried @290 but it gets to the red zone too soon, for my taste.
I love the brakes of this car!

new splits:

t1 50.201
t2 1.31.306

we like to drive this car lan style (arcade) and w/ these settings this is a much different car, its fast and brakes well
i'm having trouble waiting to turn into the corners, i'm turning too soon :guilty:
a little practice b4 working

lap t1="49352" t2="90454"
310 t/s
hope to have last weeks replay out tonite

Got a few laps in: 340 gearing, liked it much better for some reason than say 300, less shifting!

1'28.968

Got bored of being chased by the division 3 guys and having Strop in front of me :) (sorry mate, but you're my benchmark guy to beat!)

T1: 48.535
T2: 1'28.731

290 gearing.. I agree with nige, 290 does feel smoother through the corners :D

First run. After initially not getting anywhere, I found a groove in 330kmh and laid down a succession of reasonable laps, quickest of which overall was:

T1: 49.676
T2: 1'30.315

Haven't tried anything lower than 320, will try the 290s next.

V.

Looks like we all have different preferences for gear change timing 👍 my best lap was done using 330 auto :) only tried 330 and 340 so far.

I did mine on 290, it works well for the opening stretch and T2 stretch, it just almost peaks, then you have more torque for the rest of the lap imho of course 👍

Jerome

My first splits:

T1: 47.743
T2: 1'27.447

Nice first split Ron 👍

Will come back on this one :drool:

Ah yes, I ran 320 gearing. Just a random gearing, it's better than 340 in any case...

My first splits:

T1: 47.743
T2: 1'27.447

Nice first split Ron 👍

Will come back on this one :drool:

Ah yes, I ran 320 gearing. Just a random gearing, it's better than 340 in any case...

Usually the case with us at Suzuka mate! I can match you to T1 and then it all goes pear shaped :dopey: I will try some more tonight with different speeds to see how it goes 👍

Nice T2 btw ;)

Will try to give this one another go. Just remembering the killer BC7 combo here, man I ate that one up its was truly great and this one as almost as good 👍

Jerome

I now have a clean save with 47.761 / 1'27.445 using 320 auto 👍
I stuffed a lap that would have been more to my liking earlier .. it had 47.620 / 1'27.307 and then I took the 130R like a fool and the rest is all so familiar :dopey:

I reckon I have a few tenths to collect before the week is out ... Good luck to all :cheers:

I had my first session Monday night, got an alright time pretty quick, but then hit a wall, I'm just now starting up again and want to try some different gearings.

48.449 / 1'28.378

oh yeah, that was with 300.

Loving this combo! 👍
Had some more time to run and lost another 2/10ths at the line.

T1 48.538
T2 1'28.468

What's frustrating is that I'm not really losing time to the Div 1 folks between T1 & T2, but I'm losing all the time before T1! How the hell do you get to be 6/10ths - 9/10ths quicker in that first sector? :boggled:

Loving this combo! 👍
Had some more time to run and lost another 2/10ths at the line.

T1 48.538
T2 1'28.468

What's frustrating is that I'm not really losing time to the Div 1 folks between T1 & T2, but I'm losing all the time before T1! How the hell do you get to be 6/10ths - 9/10ths quicker in that first sector? :boggled:

That is the key to victory here. Watch your speedometer and keep it in the high 90's when you brake and try your best not to use any brakes but just throttle control at about 102mph for the big uphill left before the dbl rights 👍

Jerome

Well I thought I had a little bit of a edge on most of d2 going into this evening but alas everyone hit it hard on wednesday. Tuesday is my day off so I usually get some work in. Had some good breakthroughs but not good enough. I'll play with gearing a little but I think the 300-310 range has been working good for me so far. Wednesday night is saved for some wild off road action of the bike kind.
For some reason I've never been too discouraged about my t1 times. It seems like if I focus too much there as I work on each week, I spend too much time resetting than running clean laps through t2, t3, final time traps. T times

t1- 49.235
t2- 89.673
310 gearing

Maybe I should be working a little more on t1 but I think there is a lot more time out in t2/t3. Maybe just about 200-300 more laps would do it. Don't think I'm going to drop that much time though. At all. GL to all and hope to see the level and quantity of competition this series is getting this week on the tarmac every week.

Tried a 330 gearing.... not so bad, but the following splits were @ 300, as my first splits. weird, i get a better timing on the first laps each session and then no improvements after an hour racing... loss of attention? Attempt to get to the limit?

t1 49.593
t2 1.30.947
g 300

just boarded again: the list is getting pretty loaded.
looks like combo's like this (slow race cars, fast tracks) are a favorite in the community :cheers: well they are with me anyway :P

EDIT updated to post 55

I don't think i've seen the luxy looking quite so uniform in the past :indiff:
c'mon, lets try to mix it back up again b4 the end of the week :crazy:
i'll try my best to climb the leaderboard back into div 2 land :mischievous:
I wonder how close these current results compare to the qualifier results 💡

Steve..... it's not my intention to be annoying..... Moaibob is div.2 (probably soon demoted to div. 3... but til it lasts.... may I see my splits in orange?) :)
Dank u, mijn vriend
how we work with luxy is that we ctl-find a previous line with your name and then copy & paste that into the new week section. if the div/ctlr info is wrong or old there, it's wrong in the copied new week as well. sorry but it's fixed now.

demoted? that only happens on own request and never by a steward.

you're welcome amice.

I got to spend a little time running this morning and I'm starting to find some time out there. That and advice from a good friend, a little "music" and all is well with the world. :sly:

Not Div II stuff yet but it's better than I've been running lately and I know I can find more out there............maybe. :nervous:

1'31.661

edit:

1'30.876

Still more for me to find out there I suspect. I've seen some pretty heady stuff for a div III driver today only to stuff it in the last "esses" oh well, maybe later tonight I'll hit that darn corner correctly. "48's" and "1.29's" are not out of reach...........maybe!

have a little time to play here. 330 gear.

48.560 / 1'28.575

46.560 Whoa...

Anyway made an other session, ended up with this:

T1: 48.059
T2: 1'27.987

Still more to take.... Using DS2 this time and 290 km/h gearing.

I got to spend a little time running this morning and I'm starting to find some time out there. That and advice from a good friend, a little "music" and all is well with the world. :sly:

Not Div II stuff yet but it's better than I've been running lately and I know I can find more out there............maybe. :nervous:

1'31.661

edit:

1'30.876

Still more for me to find out there I suspect. I've seen some pretty heady stuff for a div III driver today only to stuff it in the last "esses" oh well, maybe later tonight I'll hit that darn corner correctly. "48's" and "1.29's" are not out of reach...........maybe!

I lift my Woodford's to your fine run!!!:cheers::cool: The Missus and I are enjoying some of Kentucky's best whiskey and "music" of our own!:sly: Much too busy this week to concentrate on what is a great combo [Salute, Sjaak!!!]

Back