GT4 WRS Week 136 : Audi TT Touring Car @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 105 comments
I lift my Woodford's to your fine run!!!:cheers::cool: The Missus and I are enjoying some of Kentucky's best whiskey and "music" of our own!:sly: Much too busy this week to concentrate on what is a great combo [Salute, Sjaak!!!]

Chuck me lad, I'm glad to have contributed to your education of Kentucky Bourbon.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Next you'll have to try "Basil Hayden's" Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. This is a truley fine sipping bourbon distilled in Frankfort Kentucky to 80 proof. :)

Unfortunately once you start down this road, ol' Jack Black just aint the same any longer! :indiff:

In fact I have a glass of Hayden's before me.....................smoooth as glass!:sly:

Hit the wall early on this one, so not much improvement on the early part.

T1: 49.125
T2: 1:29.386

Improved nearly a second at the line though so the session was worthwhile.

Hit the wall early on this one, so not much improvement on the early part.

T1: 49.125
T2: 1:29.386

Improved nearly a second at the line though so the session was worthwhile.

That's funny - almost word-for-word what I was planning on writing

48.809 1:29.013

Finally got 130R figured - going through with just the slightest lift - and at least half the time manage to clip the chicane curbs just right to get optimum rotation.

Might try one more session but there's not much more I can do - even imagining each corner taken ideally I can't see anything below 1:28.400

Is there still room on the leader board.:)
A nice grid this week.๐Ÿ‘

1'28.316
speed-300

The lap is perfect,very smooth and hitting all corners right.
I know it can always faster but this lap is one of the nicest I ever did on Suzuka.
The replay is awesome,at least personal for me.

Some more laps, still on 290:
0'48.073
1'27.752
Then I braked too early for the casio triangle, lost at least 0.3.

My T1 could be better, I always lose time on some corners. I did not get any 47 yet but if I did all the S's as well as I can, I'd probably have a 47.7 or so. And there's possibly 0.1 more at the hairpin.

I'll be back :sly:

Looks like this is a great combo, judging by how many people are running it ๐Ÿ‘

Running consistant 49's @ 300 tp which is very good for me. :)

I seem to be losing it at "spoon" for some reason. I either get there too fast or slow down to a Sunday cruise.:nervous: It's either the sand on my right or I try and make it up and it's the grass on the left.........:ouch: Will keep at it though. Great combo Sjaak:tup:๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Please consider the source, but I think of spoon as one very long apex, meaning that there is an amount of maintaining one exact speed for a certain time, and then accelerating onward. You have to brake to start the car rotating, but not as much as we think judging by the alien times. They already know and hit that exact speed almost every time.:bowdown:

So the gearing comes into play, but how much? Well, let's start from the middle, in this case, the 330 gear. In my humble opinion, the gearing on this track becomes a push. As much as the lower gear makes up in acceleration, the higher gear retains through momentum. I don't think the leaderboard would change all that much if the declared gear was 330. What's your opinion?

RACE ON!!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I don't think the leaderboard would change all that much if the declared gear was 330. What's your opinion?

RACE ON!!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Funny you mention the gearing item. IMHO I think you're exactly correct. Those with "Alien" status, for lack of a better moniker, are more than likely the only ones to benefit from "gearing." Us mere mortals would do well if we could better understand the physics of entering and exiting apexes. I've run this weeks combo with everything from 290 to 330, and while it may change the shift pattern and breaking points I can ALMOST duplicate my times with any of those gearings. I just feel more comfortable with 300 but I'm sure if I spent the time to work out the kinks, 330 would more than likely yield similar results.:dunce:

As for spoon, you're assesment is right on I suspect. I just haven't been able to get comfortable with it but keep trying. Unlike the big lefty going up the hill as you come out of the "esses." I hit that mark almost every time and carry about 100 - 104 mph and I can't see how I could go faster through that corner. Now that I've said that I'm sure someone will come on and tell me their running it at 112, then so be it. The bottom line, for me, is quite simple. Experiance and consistancy are vital to good times, IMHO. :dunce: Onward!

Here's to Mr. Woodford:)

hey guys, iv'e been running 310 all week and tried 300 this am but couldn't improve, went back to 310 and improved by about a second
i agree that by running what you like can only improve your times the more you run it

t1 49184 t2 89781

i'll try to post some quicker times after an am session, cause if i don't i think the badboy is gonna pass me...๐Ÿ‘

Sjaak,.... that sounds like a sweet lap, just like this weeks combo... it feels awesome for me to get better every week
and someday soon be able to drive all the tracks as you have explained..... Thanks

EDIT can someone check NielsG Pal replay for the rally event

Surprisingly improved about 0.3 (not that much) on t2 with 320 gearing. never thought this could happen. Lost something at the hairpin, but improved at casio and Degner curve (my nightmare).

Best lap with a wonderful 260kph full-throttle 130R, never managed so good before, where i gained the most.
I'll try during weekend but i'm afraid no better laps can come out.
Have you noticed the huge understeer in deceleration of the ABT? It makes me go nuts, but managed with rude braking and all turns in flat-down throttle. Very stressing, no mistake allowed.

t1 49.498
t2 1.30.652
320 gear
no asm/no tcs

the combo i am enjoying the most! nice job, sjaak ๐Ÿ‘

The lap is perfect,very smooth and hitting all corners right. I know it can always faster but this lap is one of the nicest I ever did on Suzuka. The replay is awesome,at least personal for me.

Right on Sjaak ๐Ÿ‘ I know how good that feels, in the 1+ year that I've been hanging around here I can only say I have hit maybe 2 laps like that :dopey:

I tinkered around with the gears this afternoon and while I like 320 the best, I'm still faster with 300. Not my fav DTM as you need to hold a proper line most of the time which I suck at. After wrestling the ps2 away from the kids and Jax I managed another session tonight, might be the last although I've seen alot more in it.

48.328 / 1'28.183

Maybe one more go tomorow morning.....

Spoon is actually 2 corners. And I think the best line is the one marked on the road. For the first part, I brake to 145kmh and 4th gear (290 top speed), for the second part, 115kmh and 3rd gear.

The 130R, I do it with only a little lift as I turn in, if it goes well I don't drop below 267kmh. The rumbles on the right side, after the corner, help staying on track.

And for the leaderboard: my T1 is .073, not .037 ;)

Best run by me by far

T1 - 48'116

T2 - 1'27.939

290 Gearing

Happy racing,

nige

Improvement, still 290:
0'47.848
1'27.618

I liked my first sector, though I might have lost a bit at the fast right-hander after the S's. The second sector was not pleasant. I can do 0.2 better, most of that at the second part of the spoon. At the last sector, I gained the time I was losing.

LU

new splits after only a lap or 3: 50.587 - 131.472
prolly not more in it for me for this wrs week - meh - but i got some family obligations tomorrow ...

New splits today -

1:29.690

Some competition at the top of D3 this week ๐Ÿ‘

Later
Kevin

I found time for one last session tonight, not to shaby for a drunk old coot :dopey:

48.087 / 1'27.956

Sub'ing time now.

hey Kevin, it does look like some very tite competition this week in D3
looks like i'm going to have to push the limits this week to stay on top, or to get back there at least :nervous:
i'd like to see the badboy on top again.....awesome run from you this week ๐Ÿ‘
i started running 290 last session, it is faster, but i need to complete the laps
my t1 is very low 49's w/ t2 low 1'29's but can't finish as well as w/ 310 :indiff:
going lan racing @ Chuk's now :)

Didnt run even one lap yesterday. Army/Navy game is far too important in this house as I am retired Navy afterall. With the game being held in Balto. this year you can well understand we left the house early and got back late. Ahhh it's good to be wearing the Navy blue and gold!:cheers:

That means today is the day to attempt catching "01gtp." I'm not a big Pro football fan so we'll give 'er a fair shot today and post a time with Sjaak later this eve. I've seen some very nice splits but, like I mentioned in another post I've been stuffing it in the 3rd sector. :nervous: GL to all. "Onward!"

Edit: Wish I still lived up your way with you nutmeggers I'd love to try a LAN with chuck and jake!

Man, I wish I was sitting in my cockpit now. I am at work in NYC teaching a weekend photoshop class. All work and barely no GT play is killing me this month. Happy LAN session to chuk and kenny...

@ gtbadboy we'd love to have more racers. today it's only four of us, and we're having fun. we need to settle on our favorite cars, tho, because we lose racing time by moderating through "mob rule". we hope to have four set-ups hooked up by the end of the year, if not six. then the real fun begins.

@Cmir you are quite right on the double-apex for spoon, and the closer I stick to the line the faster I am. Thanks for the input!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

by the way, my t-times are not accurate of my lap this week, as that lap was lost when Jake and I re-configured the LAN set-up.:indiff: A very minor casualty, but I've yet to match that time, so I'll be slower than posted. I'm trying to stay ahead of D3!! Great racing, guys!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Racing on!!:cheers:

yeah, Jake! missing you here as well. this responsibility stuff can get old quick!

Jake, my heart bleeds for you man!:sly: Teaching in NYC, making all that money! ON A SUNDAY YET!! What's that, like, double time or something??๐Ÿ‘

As for LAN racing, I fear the only thing going on around here is that "go fast turn left stuff" you know, nasal car! What a country. We celebrate a sport originally started by booleggers running moonshine through the hills of Tenn. Ken. and West by God and they're still doing it:crazy:

Hope you guys are having fun while I'm trying to catch "01." Tough going this morning. I'm afraid sitting in that stadium all day yesterday has taken its toll on my knees and ankles today.๐Ÿ‘Ž Later today I suspect motrin and woodford may be on the menu! :nervous: Onward!

Hope you guys are having fun while I'm trying to catch "01."

Hey Ron -

You missed my post from last night and the board is not yet updated. :)

You are now trying to catch -

1:29.690

I am headed to watch Broncos at Raiders today, so I won't have much time to improve!

Good Racing! ๐Ÿ‘

Kevin

Kevin, I think both you and Kenny are going to be tough to catch.๐Ÿ‘ Having said that I will continue to try. Not having much luck keeping it all together in one clean lap however.:ouch:

I need to put a sticky post it over the screen so I don't get excited when I hit one of those magical numbers on T1 or T2.:crazy:

Not much on pro ball. Just a bunch of overpaid Diva's. Yea I said Diva's. They act like a bunch of school girls. Saw a guy do some crazy dance after making a play........only one problem, his team was down by 21 with 5min to go in the game. Big whoop! Look at me! I'm a self absorbed idiot and you're paying me millions so I can act like I'm a spoiled 2 year old. No thanks, I'll spend my time trying to catch the two of you. Whether I do or not, my time is better spent trying.:)

Almost forgot. NICE LAP!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

YAY! Got the lap I was looking for! I will not be able to race tomorrow... so these are my final splits (from the lap I'm gonna submit):

T1: 47.727
T2: 1'27.473

I just love and hate the S-corners... If you get the rythm there, you can gain loads of time. Must say that I really love this track, it's gets better and better the more laps you drive on it. Great combo!๐Ÿ‘

Back