GT4 WRS Week 7: "Skyline Fanboyz"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 648 comments
Kolyana
Odd, because with all of my cars, when I clicked the small graph in the upper right and viewed the larger graph that appeared ... the number in the upperleft was always SEVEN HP lower.

nearly always, 499hp = 506ps, 500hp = 507ps, im sure if you had less or more hp the difference would be less or more. small graph is always in PS, big graph is in selected units.

Twice ive seen a t2 of 56.6xx and both times ive spun/crashed. :grumpy:

hp on main screen was higher that 505. hp was 505 after I hit start :guilty:

I won't make the same mistake again!

Just ran 10 more laps with the proper hp and submitted another time, don't know if it will be accepted.

Two hours past bedtime, two more beers than I should have drank.........Much slower time :ouch:

Made sense at the time, replay is used to verify rule infractions, correct hp in replay should be legal.......Now I know!

Anyway, I've had lots of fun all week and that's what I'm here for :)

Thanks for trying to help!

Finally, Im submitting a time for the weekly. Using the 2002 Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur (499hp, 479tq) I managed to get the following:
T1: '30.118
T2: '57.304

Could have been a bit faster but, Im not much for settings etc. *Cough*ArcadeRace*Cough*

Submitted...

I am so mad at myself for not being able to beat my ghost after 3 damn days! I had a good chance at getting top 5 overall

I know this isn’t fast but I got my times down to 31.835 and 100.187

I used A 93 GT-R V Spec N1 with 497 hp that weighed 1249 kg. I left all of the settings stock except for dropping the front of the car 10 mm. I prefer to drive around the car than trying to tune it as that usually makes it slower for me :grumpy:

Times submitted

Time submitted.

Not proud of it since I couldn't seem to take the last 2 corners all of a sudden, but anyway, scrapped the whole vspec nur deal and jumped on the mspec nur bandwagon. Cobbled together a makeshift setup, and drove like hell.
Don't worry Z and Kenny. Like I said, as soon as I put out a decent T2, I'd stare at the number and pooch the next corner. Lost at least two or three tenths.

T1-29.831
T2-57.008

Saw a 56.9xx but couldn't bring it home.
Man I tell you what. No matter the outcome, this has been one fun intense week! Two things. One I can't drive any better than I did this week, and two I really can't spend this much time on this! :crazy:

Thanks for the competition. 👍

LOL im back from a party now, i decided to take this whole day to play, but i had to go out the whole day and plus a pretty nice party now. =/

I will post a time i did today morning so. Im sad coz i could go 0.6 faster, lost 0.3 on this lap but i could go 0.6 faster in another lap. BTW, im not that happy with it but i will post it surely. I had a good settings just since sunday night, so i didn´t get enough time to work on it.

Well, lets try to go further on WRS8. :D

T1 - 29.757

T2 - 56.758

Yup, i can improve a lot. Lost 0.3 on this lap, and in a great lap i could down 0.6 more. But afterall, the party was good tho. :) :dunce:

speedy_samurai
Just go into replay theater and push select when you think you are off and switch between the cameras to get a good look.
That's what I was doing. I couldn't get a view that showed me being off, but I was VERY close, and when I was not in the picture mode, and inside the car, it looks like I'm going off, but I'm not. It's close, and it's a very fast time, it's right at my limit, so I'll be chasing it for a couple of hours tonight, see if I can better it. The laps before it though, I'm right there, I won't be dissappointed if this is what I submit.
Kolyana
KLR ... 3rd gear even for the hairpin before the final straight?
Yep, pretty much. Sometimes dip into second if I drop down below 40-45mph, but usually I stick it in 3rd all the way through, and pull from the lower rpms. That's why I've got a no restriction exhaust, a displacement increase, and only a smaller intercooler(faster boost response from the intercooler and exhaust, and then the obvious trq increase from bigger displacement). Theoretically. Lol, that and the gearing of course. The gearing in this car is different from the V-spec Nur, and very likely the purple people eater(are you still in it?)
kennythebomb
but I still can't get over the fact that in previous weeks you gave me the impression of being near the bottom of D3...
He said he weened himself off of aids? That might be it, aids definitely don't help ya for fast times, so maybe that's it.
Kolyana
Well I just ran my first sub 58 T2 :) (57.901) but I'm trying for more ... of course :P
AWESOME! I hope I can manage it again... I don't think I have had any others, maybe one... We'll see. So yeah, which car is that in? If that's the MNP then WOW, GREAT job.

Ok, time to go get at it! *crosses fingers for a faster time!*

@MinorShunt & KTB (and anyone else out there that might be lurking atop D2): What a week. Regardless of outcome, you guys put up a hell of a fight. I'll be proud to take a podium this week. Seriously, I don't know if it's always this close, this only being my 3rd week in the WRS, but this is exactly the kind of competition I came here for. Thanks for that!

Will submit my time here shortly. Going to put a few more laps in now that I see your split, Minor. See you guys in the results thread.

ending this week with 825km on the M-spec, 200 on the V-spec, 150 on the (white/carbon)

improved my time by .042

t1 - 29.604
t2 - 56.374

see you guys at the finish line!!!

Z
I'll be proud to take a podium this week. Seriously, I don't know if it's always this close, this only being my 3rd week in the WRS, but this is exactly the kind of competition I came here for. Thanks for that!

I'll second that Z. Only my third week also. Didn't have much time to spend on the first 2, but this was a blast!
BTW. I hope your tire punctures on the home straight rumbles. LOL! :)

Time submitted (my first WRS week) :cheers:

Finally tried the M-spec Nur and now I can see why the fastest guys were using it. Damn what a difference to the V-spec II Nur! I would never have thought two cars so similar could be so different on track with a bit of tuning.

Anyway, my final T-times weren't exactly stellar, but I second what a lot of other are saying: far too much time is required when tuning is involved. I think Arcade mode races with the same stock cars for everyone (a la qualifying) would be preferable.

T1 - 0'30.244
T2 - 0'57.423

Looking forward to the results. When do they get posted?

Bleh, I wasn't in the mood, did a couple laps, then decided to play with settings, then played with the Original suspension, then went back to what I was using, then played with settings some more, then remembered I didn't want to touch the settings and was supposed to be concentrating on running more laps. Blah, didn't feel like it. I wanna get up early tomorrow anyway... Time will be submitted in just a sec, hopefully there aren't too many Div. 3'ers that are lurking and laughing with their better times... *fingers crossed* for a top 5 finish!

KLR142
...hopefully there aren't too many Div. 3'ers that are lurking and laughing with their better times... *fingers crossed* for a top 5 finish!

I'm hoping for a top 5 finish too, but I'd be happy to be in the points to be honest. I doubt I'll be able to spend as much time on Week 8 as I have done on week 7, as I've got my last exam on Friday (Systems Analysis & Design :( ), should be going out on Friday night to celebrate the end of exams! Then got a BBQ on Sunday for a mate's birthday/end of exam/start of summer bash.

I should also be getting my MaxDrive in either today or tomorrow and I'm looking into writing a replay manager, so that'll take up time aswell.

amp88
I'm hoping for a top 5 finish too, but I'd be happy to be in the points to be honest. I doubt I'll be able to spend as much time on Week 8 as I have done on week 7, as I've got my last exam on Friday (Systems Analysis & Design :( ), should be going out on Friday night to celebrate the end of exams! Then got a BBQ on Sunday for a mate's birthday/end of exam/start of summer bash.

I should also be getting my MaxDrive in either today or tomorrow and I'm looking into writing a replay manager, so that'll take up time aswell.
Have you improved since you last posted? And yeah, sounds like a pretty busy week... How far back do you have to be to not get points? I think you're past that part, and will definitely be getting some points...

KLR142
Have you improved since you last posted? And yeah, sounds like a pretty busy week... How far back do you have to be to not get points? I think you're past that part, and will definitely be getting some points...

Nope, no improvement. I submitted my time on Friday (to maximise my 'studying'), and remember that I didn't enter my 0'30.390/0'58.090 lap because I think it was illegal. The lap I submitted was a 30.573/58.214 (although it was only 7 1/100ths slower over the entire lap than my fastest lap).

I'm not a betting man, but if you don't beat my lap time, since I don't have a hat, I'll buy one just to eat it ;)

From flat-out's leaderboard (which, by the way, is excellent), points are awarded for places <= 20th.

edit: spaceage caught me out

edit2: spaceage as in spacing, not spaceage as in flying cars etc...

edit3: spellage ain't my strong point either...

/me makes coffee :)

vexd
Well i got one more nite to try and beat standard and his avatar.

Hate that avatar.

Its interesting how he manages a 28 T1, which no one else on earth has done, yet he loses 2 seconds of time before T2, which would mean either he knows a different route round motegi to me, or he needs to dump the caravan half way round the circuit.

Hmmmmm

Anyway, i'll be attempting to lift my position, and seeing, as everyone did it to me too, i vote for Z to be promoted.
Awesome believable times man.

I still maintain that Z is achieving, but if you've only done 3 weex here, then u aint ready yet.

Seems i may be right about standard and his avatar....

My final update, which ended with me hating the combo and its frustration factor.

I saw faster T's everywhere, but i couldn't get one lap to stick.

I changed the gear ratios, and made things worse.
I changed them back, and couldn't drive at all.

Luckily, i pulled this out in the first ten minutes of a THREE HOUR SESSION last nite.

Im off to submit.

Humph... :grumpy:

T1: 29.845
T2: 57.024

Well, that's me done. Couldn't improve much at all despite putting in a lot of effort. The only thing that seemed to make a real difference to my sector times was turning off the TCS (2) completely, but I only decided to do that at 1.30am last night so I just went to bed in disgust at my stupidity (although, tbh I don't think I could have got more than a few extra tenths out of it anyway). I would have done it before but I was so petrified of the thing sliding all over the damn track that I couldn't bring myself to turn it off.

Anyway, time submitted:
57.5xx

Thank God that's over.

Unfortunately, these weeks that require tuning require at least twice as much time to run a decent lap. After mucking around with one car, I then switched cars (to the M spec Nur, of course) and then began mucking about with the settings. I am not much of a tuner, but I think I did okay. however, once tuning stops, driving skills begin, and I didn't have enough time, or enough skills, to put in a decent time. I shall fall further down the leaderboard as a result. It's not such a bad thing. It is not like it is my real job.

jumpputt
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I read the following post a while back and went with it. I had already submitted my time when I read some posts tonight that made me question my setup. According to the rules, hp is determined by settings graph. I have well under 500hp in replay and 505hp in graph. I don't mind withdrawing my time, just need a clarification.

Is hp checked in replays, or is it strctly "honor system"?

i believe mr small fryz already pointed out that any replay showing more than 476bhp will not be accepted cos that means the graph settings are more than 500bhp??

please correct me if i'm wrong?? :)

Sigh, I couldn't get to Best Buy to get my DF Pro replaced. No racing till at least this weekend. Oh well, I can try after the fact and see how I stack up, and hopefully be able to participate in the competition this week.

*throws the keys to the crew chief. "Park them"

Time submitted .. see ya at the winners circle .. with me on the sideline 👍

Teledriel
*throws the keys to the crew chief. "Park them"

Funny..I said the same thing to my pit-crew chief and he told me to 'park it yourself!"... lol!

Teledriel
Time submitted .. see ya at the winners circle .. with me on the sideline 👍

Hey!..Maybe while the two of us are cruising the sidelines and checking out the rest of pit lane, maybe we can find one of those "pit-crew girls" to show us around? HEHEHEHE!

Can't wait to see what CFM has up his sleeve for the next WRS event!
I'm thinking the Chevy Vette C5R @ Laguna Seca would be nice or a rally race at Cathedral I...<hint/hint> :D

EXelero
i believe mr small fryz already pointed out that any replay showing more than 476bhp will not be accepted cos that means the graph settings are more than 500bhp??

please correct me if i'm wrong?? :)

If its a new car then that is the case,

If however the car is used then the correct value will be shown in the replay screen.

Gonna kick dad off soon to get 1 more shot at it, just another .3 and im happy.

Well well... I run a T2 into the low 58's yesterday and I thought I was doing good, until I saw the Leaderboard, only to find out that half the people are running into the 57's :indiff:

I think I am going to give up and submit my halfway decent time - it took me forever in order to get it and I doubt I am going to improve it any, at this point.

Here are my splits:

T1: 0'30.607
T2: 0'58.368

Submitting...

EDIT:
Car is R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nür '02, of course.

The Wizard.

SimRaceDriver
Can't wait to see what CFM has up his sleeve for the next WRS event!
I'm thinking the Chevy Vette C5R @ Laguna Seca would be nice or a rally race at Cathedral I...<hint/hint> :D

*shudders* C5R. Although personally I prefer the late 60s Stingrays. But I did my complaining about the C5R way back when I first saw it in GT3, my next rant is the new '05 vettes. THE BUBBLE CAR!!!! :yuck:

So how are the rally races in this GT? I haven't really done them yet. Ran one, got the 5 sec penalty when the other car hit me, haven't run one since.

Edit: If you couldn't tell, I'm not much for the new body designs. The Mustang looks like an old style racing Mustang, the new 'Vettes are bubbley, and the new Vipers aren't Vipers but instead a more powerful varient with a new body. Just my opinion.

Once again I could spend only few hours with the GT within whole week (and that was this night between 0.00 and 4 AM) :/ I made 445km an this is what i have:

T1 31.149
T2 58.752

GT-R V-spec II Nur(R34)'02 (black :D )
DS2
Division 2 (info 4 luxy ;) )
I used GTManiac settings (thnx 4 them man) originaly made for M-Spec

Back