GT4 WRS Week 7: "Skyline Fanboyz"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 648 comments
EXelero
T1 30.030
T2 59.671
T1 of 30 point 030?!!!!! Are you serious or is that a typo? That's WAY fast. What car and settings are you using? Are you sure that's a clean T1? I was did a couple of 30.1xx runs and they were dirty, best I've managed clean is probably 30.3xx so far... Hopefully I can tie that into a full lap here today in a bit...

Double Holy Crap

I'm out of it for a little while and look at the times! Look at the leaderboard!

On second thought don't do either of those things, just stare at you're feet. Thats right, nothing to see here. Move along.

Oh well, should have more time to compete next week, before I get relagated or worse.

John.

Hi there

How many hours left until submission ???

Im from portugal and time is running me to confusion

BENFICA ! PORTUGUESE CHAMPION ! :) Olé olé !

ZeratulSG
Actually, has anyone else noticed that the top drivers in every division on those leaderboards are using the DS2? Is it an unfair advantage perhaps? I would've thought DFP drivers would have the edge with enough practice :odd:

Anyway, one race session left before submission day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's final times!

ive always felt that the ds2 is alot easier :indiff: just for the fact that it is a instant turn in, and that you can change directions in a split second. But the ds2 also requires skill too

i live in East Van, Renfrew and Grandview Highway area~

Meh, T1 30.368, T2 57.946, M-Spec Nur. I can see the line for T1 now, but getting it isn't always the easiest thing to do...(I almost had it on this run) And T2, I'm kind of suprised it was that fast... My third sector wasn't that great though, only shaved off .2... Back to lapping for another 45 more minutes, then I'm done until after work, and I might try and do some more laps then, doubt I'll be able to secure a much better time though. We shall see.

lotus350
Why wouldn't it be clean? it is possible you know ;)
Cause I'm jealous! Haha, I ran a 29.976 I think, I took the switchback part great, but I had gone off on turn two just slightly, so I was carrying more speed than I should've been. But man, dipping below 30.3 on T1 is hard to keep getting!(as in, I can't!) Lol, ok, back to work, let's see if I CAN keep getting it and put it all together...

Raising the bar a little and putting the pressure on, eh, KLR? I haven't raced for the last couple of days, but let's see if later tonight I can close the gap on you a little :)

Kolyana
Raising the bar a little and putting the pressure on, eh, KLR? I haven't raced for the last couple of days, but let's see if later tonight I can close the gap on you a little :)
Oh yes! I hadn't played much over the past couple of days, was doing too much REAL car stuff! Lol, so yeah, I'm working hard here, I want a podium finish! 👍

Wow, got in just in time. I'm using the Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur @ 500 HP(oil change, stage 2 turbo, along with all engine mods except NOS)

Been awhile since I took a skyline for a spin... The cars a beast even at only 500 HP.

Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur '02

Brakes: 5 / 12

Springs: 10 / 10
Ride Height: 72 / 72
Shock Absorbers: 9 / 9
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabs: 4 / 4

Gears: auto 16
Final: 3.884

Aids: 0 / 0 / 3(to lazy to fix my own tire spin)

Downforce: 30 / 33

KLR142
Oh yes! I hadn't played much over the past couple of days, was doing too much REAL car stuff! Lol, so yeah, I'm working hard here, I want a podium finish! 👍

You'll have to work VERY hard for that ... we've got a few D2ers masquerading around in D3 this week :P

mmmm :-D Bought a new M spec Nur, now up 2hp and up 9lb-ft... Now let's see what I can do...

And Nat, even Div. 1er's! Look at Standard... Geeeeez. But still, a podium amongst more real D3'ers. Haha, so yeah, better than 8th like last week. I want better than 5th, I'll put it that way. And with people hiding out and then submitting like last week, I'll most likely need to do some more work. But maybe not, because my last week run wasn't really that great...

Maalcari
Hi there

How many hours left until submission ???

Im from portugal and time is running me to confusion

BENFICA ! PORTUGUESE CHAMPION ! :) Olé olé !

As of now, there's 16 hours left before the deadline, I believe.

Drifting 4 Ever
Holy crap, 28s and 58s. I am only running 30.5s and 59.7-1'00.0. got to try hollo's settings and the M spec

I don't remember who posted that 28.xxx T1, but I just wanted to point out that it must have been a typo.

A 28.xxx T1 is not possible with a car that meets the race requirements.

Luxy
I don't remember who posted that 28.xxx T1, but I just wanted to point out that it must have been a typo.

A 28.xxx T1 is not possible with a car that meets the race requirements.

I believe it was Standard235.

standard235
Hmmm.... T1 was ok I guess... I had a 29.540. T2 was LOADS better at 56.489.

He's listed as a Division 3 driver, but he's posting times that rival h0t's and beats everyone else.

I'm currently trying to find his original post ... but I'm beginning to wonder if he's on the same track as the rest of us.

Kolyana
I believe it was Standard235.

He's listed as a Division 3 driver, but he's posting times that rival h0t's and beats everyone else.

I'm currently trying to find his original post ... but I'm beginning to wonder if he's on the same track as the rest of us.

I'm wondering ... @Standard235, are you sure you're using sports tires, not racing tires?

Wow can't believe it's already monday. Just not enough time anymore to keep going at looks to bit. Only found a couple hours this week, and with some advice of holl01's settings and the m-spec nur version (which clearly the fastest), i have managed to pull off:

T1: 0'30.021
T2: 0'57.190

I've seen 0'29.8, but got too excited and completely missed the braking point for the next turn by braking an entire brake marker too early. Looks like a very close week for the majority of the D1 and top D2 drivers. Once again 604, holl, and zoky look like they're in their own class. Wow, just wow.

Wow, this lap, on the last turn before T1, I'm soooooooooooooooooo close to cutting it. I can't get the cameras to show that I'm going off, although it appears that I'm pretty much going off when you're doing the in car cam(bumper cam whatever). I'm a hair's-breadth ON the track. I'll use that as my chaser tonight, see if I can manage something faster that won't be as close to an off. We shall see.

But here it is, dropped .5 off of my previous best with my other M spec car.
T1 30.137
T2 57.714

KLR142
Wow, this lap, on the last turn before T1, I'm soooooooooooooooooo close to cutting it. I can't get the cameras to show that I'm going off, although it appears that I'm pretty much going off when you're doing the in car cam(bumper cam whatever).

Just go into replay theater and push select when you think you are off and switch between the cameras to get a good look.

Kolyana
SLOW

DOWN

:scared:
NO! Hahah, switch cars! You're still using your purple people eater right?

Here's my setup and a couple of things about my lap, not that any of it's worth anything...

'02 Mspec Nur
Suspension:
Springs:9.4/9.8
Dampers: 4 all around
Camber: 2.4/1.1
Toe: 0/0
Sways: 4/4

Transmission:
My version of the tranny trick. Proceed as follows: move final to 3.6, then move auto to 1, then move final back to 2.5. Done.

Brakes:
I like a bit of rotation under braking, or a bit of rotation under LATE braking to save me from going off the track :) so, 4/5(or maybe it's 4/6 now? I don't remember)

Downforce full. No aids, no LSD, no VCD.

Recipe for an immediately responsive engine in REAL life, followed in the game, I don't know if it helped me at all:
-Oil change, displacement increase, racing exhaust, sports intercooler, nothing else=499hp and 479lb-ft. (Stage one turbo with everything else can have over 483trq, but not enough hp to be as fast...)

FWIW, if you don't know where to look to see your HP ratings, on my game, along with being in the top left corner of the expanded graph in the settings menu, when I'm in my garage, and click on my car, when it shows the car spinning around, in the bottom left it says the hp and trq figures with decimal points and what rpm they're at. Those numbers are the same as the numbers in the expanded graph on my game.

And about my going around the track, I never go into second gear unless I mess up and slow down too much, then I'll pop into second gear. But I stay in third because it is just as fast if I take things right and it doesn't go into oversteer mode as much. I can go into second instead, but I might go into oversteer mode, and I can't put down as fast/consistent of a time. I'm thinking that is basically the same case with Hotboi...

Hopefully I can chop off something like a 10th tonight! Good luck to everyone else! And good luck to me on my search for a podium finish! If not this time, there's always next time... This is only my second race... I can't get greedy!

bleurabbit7
Wow. These times are amazing. I think you've beaten half of D1 now. Well done KLR. 👍
Thanks man, but I'm only ahead of one D1 driver...?

KLR142
How'd you get it that low?

Easy. Go to one of the tuner places and buy the original suspension kit. :) They tend to let you lower and stiffen the car more than the dealer kits.

T-times:
1'00.027

I was running with less than 490HP at the time and didn't notice it. I was afraid to change the oil, though, for fear of going over the 500HP limit.

Latest Posts

Back