GT4 WRS Week 7: "Skyline Fanboyz"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 648 comments
Touring Mars
Thanks to Z. and holl01 for posting their (very useful) settings... made leaps and bounds with my times yesterday (still nowhere near the front runners of Div 2, but that's to be expected)

T1 - 30.377
T2 - 58.106

Have done a second sector that should have meant that T2 was 57.9, but I must have lost it somewhere....

also, switched to M-Spec '02...

holl01... your auto setting, do you use the tranny trick? (your original post said Auto - 9 (tranny)... )

no, i dont use the tranny trick, never have. i use auto 10 for this race. the auto gears seem fine, i dont think u can improve ur time with the tranny trick, although i may be wrong

Since you guys don't believe me, I switched to the M-Spec and headed to Twin Motegi East with all sports tires at hand. Softs in front and mediums in rear. Not much tuning. Oil change, displacement increase, racing exhaust, sports intercooler, nothing else=499hp and 479lb-ft.
I managed nothing better than the other T1's and T2's but beat my final time.

T1 = 29.576. T2 = 56.659

Edit: Just had a look at the leaderboard and that puts me in 2nd or 3rd. :) :scared:

Oh well... I can't verify with no AR Max. So, whatever.... :(

Standard ... couple of questions:

1) If you can't verify ... and clearly you're a damned good driver ... why race?

2) If you're such a good driver - and I'm certainly not arguing that point - why are you in D3? It may mean nothing to you, but the problem with D3 is that we tend to get plagued by guys who are much better than us, but couldn't be bothered putting any time in on the qualifier. The net result is that essentially the true D3ers don't have a chance to take a podium position or win a race.

This may not mean anything to you and most other people out there, but I'm getting a little tired with racing against incredibly fast guys (like you), who clearly don't belong in this division.

Did you qualify in D3 simply so you could rack up some easy wins?

No. I didn't take any track time or play with the car. I probably did 15 laps. I was a few thousandths off D2 and didn't try to better myself. Since then, I have weened myself off Aids. Why race? So I can see how I compare. Sorry....

holl01
no, i dont use the tranny trick, never have. i use auto 10 for this race. the auto gears seem fine, i dont think u can improve ur time with the tranny trick, although i may be wrong

I have no hard data that suggests either gearing method to be faster/slower than the other, but I feel faster with the auto gearing at 10 now that I've run it a few laps. That said, I just improved upon my best again, so I thank you for posting your settings -- they have helped me many times this week.

T1: 29.824 (I don't remember exactly, but it was somewhere around there)
T2: 57.005

Shaved a little at the line again and feel pretty confident about the lap. Definitely see where there's more time in it, but I don't know if I'll try to improve upon it in the final hours or not.

standard235
No. I didn't take any track time or play with the car. I probably did 15 laps. I was a few thousandths off D2 and didn't try to better myself. Since then, I have weened myself off Aids. Why race? So I can see how I compare. Sorry....

Well to be honest, I hate to see talent go to waste ... you should get yourself a MaxDrive or something ... I'd love to see you up against Veil, Holl0 and H0t ...

standard235
Nah. I just won't submit this week. I now how I did anyways. :)

We all know you were making up them T times thus cheating :)

standard235
Nah. I just won't submit this week. I now how I did anyways. :)

That's very honorable of you - but I still can't get over the fact that in previous weeks you gave me the impression of being near the bottom of D3...now suddenly you are going for the top spot? Forget about the qualifier, I distinctly remember you struggling a lot. Just check your posts in Weeks 3,4, and 5.
I don't mean to be a jerk but no one goes from the bottom to the top.

KLR142
How'd you get it that low?

Tuner Village; Mines; Suspension; Original.

I prefer ground huggers with a stiff handling. Of course the car needs a lot of power to put all that handling to good use. Maybe a looser set-up would've been better for this week?

*misses his Skyline V-Spec[R](bought the [R] mod) from GT2 :indiff: * That car would've been great for this weeks race. If only I could set some cars up like I did that one. I put about 100 hours into tuning that thing just right so it could compete in almost any race and win.

Edit: haha forgot to post my T-times:
T-1: 31.xxx
T-2: 59.xxx
Sorry can't give you the exact times:banghead: . I'm finishing up the Euro league right now. Mwahaha I'm going to win back 2% of what I put into my Zonda! 👎

Ugh. Just got dirty for a second @ T1, otherwise I had a T2 of 56.773. Might as well get a few more laps in now that I see where I can gain so much time.

Edit: Ok, the push is definitely on now. Just shaved .35x off the total. T2 of 56.656

Z.
Ugh. Just got dirty for a second @ T1, otherwise I had a T2 of 56.773. Might as well get a few more laps in now that I see where I can gain so much time.

Edit: Ok, the push is definitely on now. Just shaved .35x off the total. T2 of 56.656

You are making it SO hard for me to get that top D2 spot that I so desire! lol great time! 👍

For three days now I've been trying to beat my 57.121

ok, i had one last shot b4 i went to uni, and it proved to be a wise descision as i bet my time by .17x secs

T1 29.666
T2 56.417

Using DS2

time submitted.
good luck in the results people, hop my setup helped u guys out.

kennythebomb
You are making it SO hard for me to get that top D2 spot that I so desire! lol great time! 👍

For three days now I've been trying to beat my 57.121

Well, you're in for a funny story. Somewhere in the middle of altering settings, trying to get 1HP, I gave myself about 20 instead by throwing on a Sports exhaust system. Got really excited when I kept blowing my time away, all the while verifying replays that read 496HP when I started them up. Thought nothing of it, obviously. Just checked my T1 corners for anything suspicious and left it at that. So, wipe out any 56.xxx sectors I've run up to this point.

But, herein lies the twist. I got an awesome ghost to run with from that extra HP, so now if I just try to keep up with it, I'm still running a little better than my current leaderboard sectors. Back to a 57.044 @ T2 for me. You've got more of a shot than you think!

Stupified,
-Z.

Z.
Well, you're in for a funny story. Somewhere in the middle of altering settings, trying to get 1HP, I gave myself about 20 instead by throwing on a Sports exhaust system. Got really excited when I kept blowing my time away, all the while verifying replays that read 496HP when I started them up. Thought nothing of it, obviously. Just checked my T1 corners for anything suspicious and left it at that. So, wipe out any 56.xxx sectors I've run up to this point.

But, herein lies the twist. I got an awesome ghost to run with from that extra HP, so now if I just try to keep up with it, I'm still running a little better than my current leaderboard sectors. Back to a 57.044 @ T2 for me. You've got more of a shot than you think!

Stupified,
-Z.

LOL! There's hope for me yet :sly:

Congrats Kolyana!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I read the following post a while back and went with it. I had already submitted my time when I read some posts tonight that made me question my setup. According to the rules, hp is determined by settings graph. I have well under 500hp in replay and 505hp in graph. I don't mind withdrawing my time, just need a clarification.

Is hp checked in replays, or is it strctly "honor system"?

DRIVEN -USA-
HP ratings - prob. want to think about what you will see in the replay (at the start) s2/s2 hp500 or less etc. i don't think it will show up anywhere else in the replays of what you are actually using (will have to look closely though) :crazy:

Jump ... click on the graph and another HP will be displayed in the top left: use this. Odds on, if your replay says 500 ... you're good to go.

KLR ... you got it man ... couldn't get close to you, but I did take a good chunk off my final time, so I'm happy. Submitting now, because, frankly, I've had enough of this combo :P

Kolyana
Jump ... click on the graph and another HP will be displayed in the top left: use this. Odds on, if your replay says 500 ... you're good to go.

Graph says 505 :ill: Looks like I'm SOL.

jumpputt

Is that after you hit *START* in tuning and the big graph comes up? That number in the top left corner of graph is the number we are going by. Also, as someone else mentioned, when I go to Home and view the car, 500 is listed on the bottom left for HP.

From 75% - 90% of the testing I have done this week, I know that if your at 507HP on that little graph in the upper right corner of the tuning page, when you look at the big graph, it will be 500 on the dot.

Also the reason the HP is lower on replay, 👍 to The Wizard for his work on this, is that is the HP that the car "WILL" degrade to after 8500 miles.

Hope that helps some.

jumpputt

Odd, because with all of my cars, when I clicked the small graph in the upper right and viewed the larger graph that appeared ... the number in the upperleft was always SEVEN HP lower.

Back