Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
Jason_B
Actually it started as a racing game but has become more of an automotive game. Kaz has said that he wants more than racing as in the free roam feature.

That's great, but Kaz should make sure the racing is actually good first before focusing on other things, like free roam.

I'm going to Bathurst this year for the Bathurst 1000. So I'll keep an eye out for PD people, might spot them there doing their thing. I imagine if they're scanning the track they're obviously planning to add a few rigs in there too. :)

8882012Clipsal500Lowndes.jpg

Heath_1
I'm going to Bathurst this year for the Bathurst 1000. So I'll keep an eye out for PD people, might spot them there doing their thing. I imagine if they're scanning the track they're obviously planning to add a few rigs in there too. :)

Well I can tell you they will be well and truly done by then. Lol

Why the hell is it, that on the internet "I don't like a feature in a game" always turns into almost like a religious argument?

Anyway, fingers crossed for Bathurst. I would pay to see the "just wait for gt6" -naysayers' faces when it's out as dlc.

OK8
I would pay to see the "just wait for gt6" -naysayers' faces when it's out as dlc.
You sound pretty certain that it will be DLC. They have only just started scanning the circuit, and it takes two years to model it in-game. There is going to come a point where PD stops releasing DLC for GT5 and starts on GT6.

I would not be surprised to see pd at some well known tracks that have not been in the gt series. I wonder how many crews members they have at Bathurst?

Woo! I hope they make it as skinny as it is in real life. According to Google Earth Con Rod Straight is 7m wide compared to the straight on the Nür Nord which is 11m 0_0

Edit, if anybody has 6 hours to kill:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxxSlJqNJKk
Skip to 5:38:00 if you want to see a battle for the title

Last edited:
You sound pretty certain that it will be DLC. They have only just started scanning the circuit, and it takes two years to model it in-game. There is going to come a point where PD stops releasing DLC for GT5 and starts on GT6.

I thought that 2 year thing was like the longest it took to make a certain track or just a like a "place holder".I mean Nurb is a big track that might have been the track they were talking about plus, that comment was made a long time ago, they are hiring people, who knows they might have a bigger team now and it might not take as long. ;)

Dmarc_Atl
I thought that 2 year thing was like the longest it took to make a certain track or just a like a "place holder".I mean Nurb is a big track that might have been the track they were talking about plus, that comment was made a long time ago, they are hiring people, who knows they might have a bigger team now and it might not take as long. ;)

It is 2 years in man hours as it has been said may times before.

1 man = 2 years
2 men = 1 year
4 men = 6 months
8 men = 3 months

And so on.

Those people saying that takes 2 years for make a track don´t know anything about modelling and stuff...lol
Nurburgring could take that time overall because they made it with a new engine. But by now "normal" size tracks should take less than even 3 months. 2 people working at it no more no less. This people is collecting all the important info, size, terrain, altitude, photos of the place and background, etc.
That takes a week. Then take that to Japan to PD for the team that makes the tracks. Put that info in to the engine and start to work.
They are using a sandbox environment + no idea what program/engine. And working with that is not as hard as it seems but it is complicated at the level of detail that PD delivers.
But 2 years? lol...no just no.

Edit: i use to make maps in different engines just for fun as Cryengine 2 and 3, xRay engine (ODE engine from Stalker games),Source engine, IDtech, etc and i know more or less how hard is to make something. And i have a not so good program for make tracks called Bobs track builder (mainly for rFactor) and it is not as hard if the track is not realistic of course. But when you know how it works you can make it faster.

Those people saying that takes 2 years for make a track don´t know anything about modelling and stuff...lol
Nurburgring could take that time overall because they made it with a new engine. But by now "normal" size tracks should take less than even 3 months. 2 people working at it no more no less. This people is collecting all the important info, size, terrain, altitude, photos of the place and background, etc.
That takes a week. Then take that to Japan to PD for the team that makes the tracks. Put that info in to the engine and start to work.
They are using a sandbox environment + no idea what program/engine. And working with that is not as hard as it seems but it is complicated at the level of detail that PD delivers.
But 2 years? lol...no just no.

I guess we'll see, but if the news on the homepage is any indication, then we'll get it for GT6.

If what you say is true, then getting the track as DLC shouldn't be an issue. According to your timeline, we could expect it as part of the May, or even July at the latest, DLC.

Then again, if it were that easy, wouldn't everyone do it?

I guess we'll see, but if the news on the homepage is any indication, then we'll get it for GT6.

If what you say is true, then getting the track as DLC shouldn't be an issue. According to your timeline, we could expect it as part of the May, or even July at the latest, DLC.

Then again, if it were that easy, wouldn't everyone do it?

I am in a project and learning some more about tracks and i am trying to bring to life Isle of Man...70km of pure awesomeness. That is a hell of a job. First trying to collect all the info and then trying to start is the worst part.
I am a novice and a totally amateur.

So many "experts" , so much speculation , so much "inside" knowledge of what PD can / can't / will / won't / should / shouldn't do.

So tedious......

That's sure is masochistic way to start on a project.
:crazy:

Yeah PD could save me years of work if they make it for me. We are going to get Bathurst so now is time to Isle of Man!! :dopey:

Great track.

Also this made me remember about Tourist Trophy...it sold 2.4 million copies...is it a good idea for release a 2nd one? (first release GT6 of course)

So many "experts" , so much speculation , so much "inside" knowledge of what PD can / can't / will / won't / should / shouldn't do.

So tedious......

Yes it is...come on happy man, join the debate! :dopey: lol

Alright, who wants to put their money where their posts are? Long term bet.

I bet Bathurst is not available inside 2 years from today. Could be DLC for GT5, new content in GT6, or DLC for GT6 :scared:, doesn't matter. If you can race on Bathurst before Saturday March 8th, 2014 I lose.

Now, the stakes.

I buy your next instalment of the GT series?
I buy your Bathurst included DLC?
I buy your Premium membership here on GTPlanet?

What are you going to put up if I win?

I will honor the verbal agrements of the first three members here on GTPlanet.

Alright, who wants to put their money where their posts are? Long term bet.

I bet Bathurst is not available inside 2 years from today. Could be DLC for GT5, new content in GT6, or DLC for GT6 :scared:, doesn't matter. If you can race on Bathurst before Saturday March 8th, 2014 I lose.

Now, the stakes.

I buy your next instalment of the GT series?
I buy your Bathurst included DLC?
I buy your Premium membership here on GTPlanet?

What are you going to put up if I win?

I will honor the verbal agrements of the first three members here on GTPlanet.

Do you like some content of the Signature Edition that i have without even touch it to date? A leader wallet with GT logo maybe.

But no too risky. lol you are going to lose. Or not...O_O haha

If Bathurst takes two years, I'm assuming GT6 may be on the ps4. Anyways it's nice to see PD putting in tracks that we want from the feedback section.

hey i didnt mention dan greenwalt's little baby in this thread. It was simonk and the rest who keep telling us over and over again on how gt should be like forza. LMAO

Anyways back to the main topic. Kaz knows what his audience wants. First it was monza. Then spa now it's bathurst.

Too bad the reason you made that response is all because of another user who wasn't named Simon K. If you're going to lie do so in an area where people can't back track and see your bs for what it is.

Enough of the off topic, this is a good thread and doesn't need all the baggage you bring with the dogma you call GT.

Back to topic:

Those who are bringing us the info, do any of you know possibly if GT are doing more than just working on the track? By that I mean can anyone find out or already know, if they are modeling Aussie cars and or utes.

Yes it is...come on happy man, join the debate! :dopey: lol

I'd rather spend my free time playing the "horribly flawed" and "unfinished" game than talking out my **** on the internet.

your sincerely
Happy man :)

Too bad the reason you made that response is all because of another user who wasn't named Simon K. If you're going to lie do so in an area where people can't back track and see your bs for what it is.

Enough of the off topic, this is a good thread and doesn't need all the baggage you bring with the dogma you call GT.

Back to topic:

Those who are bringing us the info, do any of you know possibly if GT are doing more than just working on the track? By that I mean can anyone find out or already know, if they are modeling Aussie cars and or utes.

I would assume they would only do a couple like the NASCAR races the various road courses and alike. So maybe they will do Eastern Creek, Bathurst and Adelade....

If the "two years in man hours" to create a track idea (as Matty posted above) is correct, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bathurst in either GT5 or a GT related trailer by the end of the year, possibly as a reveal trailer for the new Nissan V8 Supercar - as we all know PD has a long association with Nissan and have revealed new cars through a GT5 trailer, such as the Toyota 86.

hey guys, i am a surveyor and i figured i would just let you know that big developments in laser scanning technology have been made in the last 12 months, jobs that used to take us 3 months now take us 1 or under, so i am hoping that we will see bathurst in gt in the near future, i would expect that they will wait until ps4/gt6 however

look at how many people are on that drive around etc I am guess 15+ guys taking photos and alike how many are these guys are programmers from PD itself or hired hands etc.

I think the perception is 2 years is for a single programmer. And when was that "2 years" quote came from? If i can recall that iracing track creation video 6 weeks for a basic uploaded track and I assume longer for more detail.

Iam starting to hate the whole PS3 or PS4 arguement, all the this PS4 rumors on the net are simply that, PS3 was realsed in Oz around November 2012 (6 years old atm) PS2 was released in 2000.

Wait as I write I am thinking that in reality based on previous trends

PSX = 1994
PS2 = 2000
PS3 = 2006

Could Sony Mind :censored:ing us and release a PS4 late November / December (xmas rush) this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
look at how many people are on that drive around etc I am guess 15+ guys taking photos and alike how many are these guys are programmers from PD itself or hired hands etc.

i'm pretty sure they're not creating the track by taking photos lol... i do this for a living

Back