GT5 Car Wishlist v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased to see there aren't too many Skylines, not so pleased to see so many Lancers.

I may be missing them on the list, but with the rally vehicles, I would love to see some of the rally trucks, and/or maybe take a leaf out of Tourist Trophy and put motorbikes in as well. Interesting idea, I think - pit the F1 cars against Superbikes.

Caparo T1 '06

caparo.jpg

Glad to see the list includes such aces as the Maserati 250F - a heap of the old single seaters would be fantastic!

Also, if we're adding the Hummers, we would have to include the International CXT, RXT & MXT, as they're larger than the Hummers, but in true BIG style, they chew about 6 gallons of fuel to the mile where the Hummer only uses about 3 gallons!

Here's a link to the International XT family website for anyone who's interested or doesn't know what I'm referring to:
http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/XTFamily/index.asp

Imagine with that 'wonderful' fuel economy trying to complete a single lap of the mighty Nurburgring - 70 gallon fuel tank, 12.94 mile track, 6 gallons to the mile - that's a bit more than a full tank to complete a lap, unless you can be fuel-efficient enough to somehow save a bit over half a gallon!

It's sounding a bit an extreme version of that GT4 licence test in the Prius Hybrid - time, efficiency & fuel conservation are the keys to success!

I note there's a Toyota Australia heading, listing only a 2004 Landcruiser. If we're going down that path (or dirt track), the 1970 Landcruiser HJ40 is a winner - short wheel base, 3 speed crash gearbox, box brakes, 0-100km in 15 minutes, choice of hardtop, softtop, full doors, half doors, no doors, windscreen up, windscreen bolted to the bonnet - sold mine a few years ago, wish I still had it...

Don't know of any makes or models, but go-karts with the option to race against plenty of opposition (ie 20-40) would be an interesting 'Coffee Break' and/or racing league. I am aware of several karting games out there, but I think these forums have the idea of creating a global wishlist for that perfect driving sim!

Delvesy, just giving you a friendly reminder (if someone has already told you) to use the edit button other than posting 3 times in a row.

I wouldn't mind seeing some old Australian Holden and Ford classics. I had a 1977, 4.2 Litre, tri-matic, HX Kingswood ute once and I wouldn't mind seeing some Kingswood sedans in the game.

George Morley
Delvesy, just giving you a friendly reminder (if someone has already told you) to use the edit button other than posting 3 times in a row.

George,

My apologies. While using the site for a fair while, I've only recently started posting comments. I have noted the edit button for future, and have merged my 3 messages into one.

If an administrator or moderator reads this message, could you please delete my posts 457 and 458 - then comments have been removed from these posts and added to my earlier one.

Cheers.

dont know if anyone's said them but:
2006-2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
2006 Corvette C6 ZO6
2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
2003-05 Chevrolet Impala SS
1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am
2006-07 Chevrolet Mote Carlo SS

First of all I think GT5 should be an ultimate, final installment in the series. All the cars and tracks from the previous games should be included. With the capabilities of the PS3 console, this type of content should not be a problem. Patches should also be released to satisfy user feedback. I wouldn't mind seeing the game physics altered to simulate realism to an even greater extent. If this means altering the car performance relative to previous incarnations of the GT series, in order to properly simulate the differences between all the cars, so be it.

Secondly, regarding all the manufacturers not included in the game for legal reasons, there must surely be a way around this. The fans demand this. I think that every classic make of car that deserves to be in the game, should appear. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and all the rest need to be included. What PD has to do is get their lawyers to figure out what the minimum amount of modifications to the model and makes of the cars needs to be done in order to present those unincluded brands in as fictional a light as plausible deniability can conjure. I'm sure even the purists wouldn't mind seeing a misspelled 'Ferari' or 'Porche', if that's what it took to include the cars without which a GT5 just won't be complete.

Finally, I'm not a lawyer, but I am assuming that creating an all inclusive GT5 can be done. How hard can it be? Where there's a will, there's a way. I know that the GT series is a commercial enterprise, not a labour of love. But it comes so close to being perfect, then it seems a shame not to go the extra mile (hehe). These manufacturers are beholden to us. We own them. Without us they are nothing. They should be honoured to be part of something like GT, the World Cup of cars!

1971vwbeetle031505.jpg

1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle.
mini_1961_Cooper.jpg

1959 Mini Cooper.
preview_36.jpg

Porsche 356 Coupe.
70por01.jpg

1970 Porsche 914
55por01.jpg

1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
porsche-cayman-1f.jpg

Porsche Cayman
ariel_atom_2.jpg

Ariel Atom
Lotus-Exige-07-1024.jpg

Lotus Exige
I'll post more when I can think of them.

Mini Copper s JW GP '06

I heard that the people who worked ont eh M3 CSL worked on this mini , there are only going to be 2000 cars of this world wide or something so would love to see how it preforms

3-Wheel Drive
Methinks we need a v4.0.
The front page list hasn't been updated in almost 8 months.
Yeah, but it'll be a ton of typing and checking. Whatever happened to German Muscle, anyway? :confused:

Okay, I tried to trawl through 'em all, but had to quit after page 5.

So here goes, and I hope no-one's called these ones out.

Citroen 11cv 1934
11cv.jpg

Citroen H Van 1947
h7.jpg

Citroen Mehari 1969
Mehari_01.jpg

Citroen 2cv spot 1976
Interlaken_CV07.jpg

Morris Traveller 1000 1971
250px-1971.morris.1000.traveller.arp.jpg

Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 1999
bs20053310353_2006310113549394.jpg

Volkswagen Bus 1949
1949.jpg

Just wondering how hard it would be if you could break it all down in the menu so that say for the thousands of different Skylines you would have one entry in the Nissan range, and then choose from different years of that model then different editions?
eg

Japan > Classic cars > Nissan > Skyline > 1969 > 2000 GT-R/ GT GC10

Wouldn't that be better than trawling through a few thousand Skylines just to reach the one Sileighty ?

truemouse
Okay, I tried to trawl through 'em all, but had to quit after page 5.
Same goes for me, but I gave up after 6th page.
I sure hope no-one's said this.
Holden "Marilyn" Monaro '04
Not certain of year, could be '05 or '03.
The Marilyn Monaro is a convertible coupe. Only one was ever produced and it was a working concept. Google Images has pictures.

dahlback has to be in the game. same as norris designs cars i would be the best game ever made if it had all them cars.

i would like to see regals & eds motorsports twin engined nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back