GT5 delayed

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 4,267 comments
Ok Hornet, going with that theory, will they tell Amazon prior to this so that they can send out peoples orders to receive on release date.

Or do the people who go to the store pick it up before some guy who's had it on pre order for over a year.

If they tell amazon wouldn't that spoil their surprise?

They tried a release date. A global one. It failed. For reasons I will not dwell on right now. The postponed. They HAVE to get it right this time.

So they are shipping it all over the world, and waiting to see it reaches all the stores they want, that have requested stock, and that no more "production issues" or distribution or any other will delay it.

Only then (IMO) they will announce it.

I'm not disagreeing with you.
But they should just tell us that. Be honest with the people that line their pockets with cash.

failure.jpg

My guess is that they DON'T want to give the retailers too much lead-time on the release to where they're practically giving the game away with promotions to compete with each other ala Activision and Black Ops. Activision didn't want retailers offering promotions to help sell the game (gift cards etc) and it wasn't long before the retailers found a loop hole around that (game "credits" instead of gift cards).

Ok Hornet, going with that theory, will they tell Amazon prior to this so that they can send out peoples orders to receive on release date.

Or do the people who go to the store pick it up before some guy who's had it on pre order for over a year.

If they tell amazon wouldn't that spoil their surprise?

Something like that. 2 or 3 days before pre orders wouldl be shiped.

I'm not disagreeing with you.
But they should just tell us that. Be honest with the people that line their pockets with cash.

IMO yes. But I think they wont :s

I've noticed that the number of people assuring me that the game would be coming out November 23rd is dropping. Mre people are starting to realize how unlikely that really is.

I've noticed that the number of people assuring me that the game would be coming out November 23rd is dropping. Mre people are starting to realize how unlikely that really is.

I'm hoping for Nov. 30 for US.
I think the 23rd is out of the question unless they're planning some tricky sneak attack.

I've seen a few posts where people have said they are downgrading from the CE to the regular edition. Why?

There is a lot of speculation the holdup was the accessories that come with the signature and the collectors editions, and going down to the standard one will just guarantee that this wont be the case

Mark my words, the first TV ad will play tomorrow morning on speed during their F1 practice coverage... that's my hope anyways. A release announcement tomorrow or Monday wouldn't surprise me with marketing to follow though. It also wouldn't surprise me if we get no announcement till the release party the way things are going.

I think the 23rd is out of the question unless they're planning some tricky sneak attack.

I hope you're right. I've been pessimistic about GT5 release information lately. Or maybe it's just skeptical.

I didn't believe that they'd tell us the release date before the end of October like they said, in part because I didn't think they'd release it in 2010 like they said.
I haven't believed these November rumors at all yet.

Last edited:
If you know something, you should just say it...
there is no point of saying "mark my word"

we are not even marking any words from Kaz anymore, what tells you that we will mark yours...

I dont trust Sony PD or Kaz anymore, if they are going to announce something, they better show something too... they better prove it to us that they mean it...

Otherwise, i am not going to work with assumptions or hints or suggestions...
I am not waiting anymore... if they dont come out with the game
too bad for them... they would miss their last opportunity to hit bigger than they can...

if they say they are releasing the game, i better see those game boxes in the stores.

I will no longer accept promises.

I've seen a few posts where people have said they are downgrading from the CE to the regular edition. Why?

Personally, while I'm still very much looking forward to the game, and might even say that I'm as excited about it as I've ever been, my excitement has changed in some way following the release delay - prior to that I'd have paid anything reasonably for almost any GT5 version, now I can't get excited about the Apex book and just want the basic game.

Well, obviously they have copies shipping worldwide. There is no reason that I can see that would stop them from taking the date they think they will have enough copies and adding a week to it.

I think they're doing it the opposite way around. I believe they have a "latest possible" date in mind, the point by which they are certain there will be enough stock in the right places, which has probably been communicated to major retail partners (I personally believe that point to be w/c 13/12). However I believe they are trying to bring this date forward by as many weeks as possible, which is why we're not hearing anything - not only do they not want to commit to a date and miss it, they also don't want to commit to a mid-December date if they think they might hit the end of November.

The 23rd is out of the question because the global launch party is scheduled for the 24th and 25th. Anything before the 26th is out of the question in my opinion.

Spoke to a GAME retailer today (UK) in a store, asked the one of the staff members when its coming out she says 'first week of DECEMBER'. but don't quote me on it she may have been full of it!

I think the PR has been an utter disaster, even Before the delay was announced and we were counting down, I think it was what 14 days to go.
Sony failed to do the following.
1. release details about the game such as ... Full car list, all that we have at the moment is speculation, and analyzing trailers.
2.Full track list again lost in translation errors, and again analyzing trailers.
3.details about the weather system, and the GUI, sure we have pictures and basic stuff, But ther ewas no in depth info.
4.the type of internet games and its config private servers or GT prologue style

So this is the worst PR I have ever experienced

I must be one of the minority on here who really doesn't care?

When the game is ready, it will be released. I am happy I spent the money on the CE.

Until then there are plenty of games to play. I have been following you lads on GTP for a few weeks now and some of you take it too personally. It is great you are passionate and love the game. But some of the comments are just pure fiction and you will still buy the game.

Surely the lack of release of information about the contents of the game are so you enjoy the experience and have some suprises. For that reason I have stayed well away from the images and video threads, "stolen" copy threads etc.

Some call it a PR disaster, but look at the amount of interest being generated everyday. People hanging out for even the smallest detail... That is a sales wet dream for Sony.

This isn't a stab at anyone, just don't get grey hairs over this. :sly:

Last edited:
Collectors Edition is a $10 difference in Australia... Don't see how degrading to standard is going to make such a big impact.

Collectors Edition is a $10 difference in Australia... Don't see how degrading to standard is going to make such a big impact.

if 10 million people downgrade that is a big profit hit

Sony really don't care about all the hating, as Dana white says about the UFC, as long as people are talking about the company,Good or Bad
that means they care or are at least on their radar, what worries him is when people STOP talking altogether

in denmark the price difference is alot different..

400 for the standard (something like 80$?)

600-800 for the collectors depending on where you buy it..

Here in Ireland the standard GT5 is 55 euro and the Collectors Edition is 65 euro without the toy car (which I never wanted anyway)

The interesting thing is I have noticed on a lot of the sites I go to, GT5 is not talked about very much... sure almost every major gaming forum has some talking about GT5 but what I look at are the sites that cover a lot of stuff but also gaming... maybe a gaming subforum or section.

What I tend to see is that big name titles get a lot of press and talking about... BFBC2, RDR, COD even Move and Kinect have a lot of chat going on about them... then there is the occasional GT5 thread that mostly contains a few sparse posts with missinformation about GT5 and a good number of people saying things like "is that game still around? Didn't it die years ago when just driving around became boring?".

Even when the release date was drawing near and the delay got announced there was very little hoopla aobut it and again half of it was people who kind of registered the GT name but didn't know much about GT and really weren't interested.

Now I know the GT fans around here will write them off as "not real fans and don't count" but honestly of the millions of copies GT has sold in the past, the majority (probably by far) of those were to just this audience... the casual audience that is on a forum about a plethora of stuff as this is where the average joe ends up...

We sit here and look at the bottom of the screen and see thousands of people logged in to GTP whenever big news hits and it makes us think that there is a lot of people paying attention. But really when I look around outside the hardcore gamer sites, what I see is pretty sparse...

Back