GT5 delayed

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 4,267 comments
We sit here and look at the bottom of the screen and see thousands of people logged in to GTP whenever big news hits and it makes us think that there is a lot of people paying attention. But really when I look around outside the hardcore gamer sites, what I see is pretty sparse...

That's been my point for the last couple of weeks.

Outside of GTP, and a couple of other sites, no one in the gaming world cares about GT5.

Now extrapolate this to the people who own PS3s but don't surf the forums.

Really good job getting the word out, Sony!

That's been my point for the last couple of weeks.

Outside of GTP, and a couple of other sites, no one in the gaming world cares about GT5.

Now extrapolate this to the people who own PS3s but don't surf the forums.

Really good job getting the word out, Sony!

im not sure, im on a few "generic" forums and have basically said its pointless discussing it here, everything is moving so fast - just go read GTP.

its a lot like discussing phones when you are not on xda-developers, don't bother doing it here, go and do it there.

Just waiting for the November 30 release date to come.

Or get announced. Or exist.

I'm really starting to wonder: when are they going to give us a release date? I mean really. Tomorrow? Wednesday? Thursday? Next week? This month? I feel like there's no time frame at all for this.

I remember a time frame, but it was October. What's strange to me is tht when October ended they didn't say anything. Like "sorry we couldn't tell you we just want to be sure". They're just dead silent.

I come here every day and genuinely expect to see a release date. But I've thought that every day since late October. It's so weird. It's like Groundhog Day or something coming to these forums.

Last edited:
Or get announced. Or exist.

I'm really starting to wonder: when are they going to give us a release date? I mean really. Tomorrow? Wednesday? Thursday? Next week? This month? I feel like there's no time frame at all for this.

I remember a time frame, but it was October. What's strange to me is tht when October ended they didn't say anything. Like "sorry we couldn't tell you we just want to be sure". They're just dead silent.

The silence is starting to really grind my gears for sure.. I mean when you can't even keep your word about when you're going to say something...

My radar is now calling for a Dec 7th release date :( Of course, my word is as good as anyone's who isn't Sony or PD, or maybe as good as Sonys? Hmm..

The silence is starting to really grind my gears for sure.. I mean when you can't even keep your word about when you're going to say something...

My radar is now calling for a Dec 7th release date :( Of course, my word is as good as anyone's who isn't Sony or PD, or maybe as good as Sonys? Hmm..

It's ground your gears and rubbed me the wrong way.

I doubt it's wetting anyone's whistle or tickling someone's fancy.

We should consider the possibility that Sony and PD genuinely don't know a reasonable release date - possibly not until the game actually starts selling - ie. no announcement at all.

Consider, the giant advertising campaign and all miscellaneous promotions are already in motion. Sony is busy with Christmas around the world and PD has already been paid (from contracts). We are already seeing residual promos and ads floating around (the GT5 Available now ad in new games' manuals for example).

With all the different regions and separate management branches, it's a real possibility that no one person or one group of people can determine when any one country will receive the games. I'm not saying Sony can't organize the release, but that it's organized separately - therefore no (1) release date is concrete.

This won't affect single engagements like the Madrid launch or that NYC booth but it does mean we may not have any announcements.

Maybe the new release date was so secret that only one guy knew it and he sadly passed away.

This is golden. lmao. 👍

Sony spent money for the game's development, and now they need to make that money back. Except everyone at Sony's either too insecure, or just lacks the necessary testosterone to set a release date in stone. I mean seriously, what's there to think about? Are all those executives too busy masturbating? Who's in charge of GT's marketing department and why isn't he fired? Who's in charge of managing and organizing GT's distribution, and why isn't he fired too? Is Sony corporation just some giant masterbatorium that happens to be a peep show on the weekends? Gee, I cannot wait until Holiday 2010! :drool:

Wtf Holiday 2010?! Which Holiday? My Holiday? Your Holiday? What if I consider today a holiday? What if the holiday that you consider a holiday, is not a holiday that I celebrate? What if I get offended that this holiday you've selected conflicts with a friend's holiday, and now I feel offended with this Holiday situation, and cancel my preorder? What if I'm offended and feel discriminated against the Holiday that Sony chooses. I am not a fan of Holiday segregation, you know.

Sometimes I think Sony secretly thinks were a bunch of retards running around in circles trying to lick our elbows. And this whole "Holiday 2010" stuff is just so that they can see how many kinky things they can do with a kinect when no one's looking.

I cannot wait for Holiday 2010. Holiday.

I'm afraid I don't know the release date, but I know why it's delayed. Someone from Sony found out about GT Planet, and they enjoyed all our raging and crying and fighting at it being delayed more than the money that GT5 will bring.

Was it this man?

Why-Did-the-Grinch-Hate-Christmas.jpg

The very face of Sony.

Last edited:
Your post intercity125 is the only post I've ever agreed with. I don't even agree with my own.

Every time I see that release date "Holiday 2010" I either feel like either a native american listening to a tribal chief talking at a pow wow or an economic refugee from a once communist third world country.

Every time I see that release date "Holiday 2010" I either feel like either a native american listening to a tribal chief talking at a pow wow or an economic refugee from a once communist third world country.

Do you have any books on tape I could purchase with more of your insight and wisdom?

I posted this earlier in the General Discussion:

Replace "The China Syndrome" with Gran Turismo

Replace "Kimberly Wells" with Kevin Butler

Replace "Richard Adams" with Jack Tretton (Head of Playstation)

Replace "Jack Gadell" with Kazanuri Yamauchi

Replace "Nuclear Power plant" with developer Studio

Replace "Southern California" with GTPlanet

and the point of the movie is all of these people are doing whatever they can to release the thing.

Last edited:
I posted this earlier in the General Discussion:

Replace "The China Syndrome" with Gran Turismo

Replace "Kimberly Wells" with Kevin Butler

Replace "Richard Adams" with That big guy who leads Playstation

Replace "Jack Gadell" with Kazanuri Yamauchi

Replace "Nuclear Power plant" with developer Studio

Replace "Southern California" with GTPlanet

and the point of the movie is all of these people are doing whatever they can to release the thing.

lmao... that's so funny because it's a trailer for a movie yet you have no idea what's going on, but it's supposed to happen, and you're told it's called "the china syndrome". I wouldn't be surprized if the company who advertised that movie is now calling the shots for PD/Sony's marketing department. It is of course, The China Syndrome.

KAZ just tweeted this:
まもなく発売日が発表されそうだ。うぉ・・・シビレるぜ・・・。

it says on google translate:

Release date is likely to be announced shortly. Let U O Reru Sibi.

and we all know he is the silent type ... :sly:

this is his tweet-tube: http://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi

sitting ... wishing ... waiting ...

Last edited:
Back