GT5 delayed

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 4,267 comments
Only just got back into employment and the pay dates have fallen awkwardly, so I might not have all the dosh to buy my parent's presents - the selfish twits decided to marry within two weeks of Christmas and their birthdays - pay my car insurance, loans etc and still get the PS3.

Only just got back into employment and the pay dates have fallen awkwardly, so I might not have all the dosh to buy my parent's presents - the selfish twits decided to marry within two weeks of Christmas and their birthdays - pay my car insurance, loans etc and still get the PS3.

Ah tough times, well priorities first I suppose, I know I won't be playing GT5 a lot in the first few weeks because I will be revising for exams.

According to Greyum in another thread there are boxes full of GT5 game at the game store(s)! Assuming he is telling true!

bold is my emphasis

Greyum Active Member Online Now!
GTP_Rodney said:
On another side note, no one has actually played the game yet.

Greyum replied
Well that's totally incorrect for a start! Plenty of people have played the game, and my local GAME store has (just this morning) [16 November] received its shipment of GT5. The game is real, and the game is out there.

...and a bit of a caveat from Greyum just came out, so the above is unlikely
:indiff: ...

I have no means to acquire such a picture [to provide proof that GT5 is in my local GAME store], just heard through word of mouth. Given the game is out next week, it's hardly news-worthy.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4146674&posted=1#post4146674

I still can't believe people are pissed about a 2 day delay. It was inevitably going to happen. As with nearly every game except cod. Its US Tuesday 'or Wednesday', Australia Thursday, Europe Friday. How people did not somewhat expect this is beyond me.

I still can't believe people are pissed about a 2 day delay. It was inevitably going to happen. As with nearly every game except cod. Its US Tuesday 'or Wednesday', Australia Thursday, Europe Friday. How people did not somewhat expect this is beyond me.

If COD gets special treatment, why wouldn't GT5?

CoD:Black Ops launched midnight last Tuesday in the UK, so it wasn't impossible to expect Europe to follow suit for one of the biggest game releases in history.

Led me guess everyone are getting suspicious about a GT5 delay conspiracy due the photos showing "not in this version",that is quite ridiculous since final copies had been seen and a potential spec upgrade might be possible in the release (to unlock content,not add).

Led me guess everyone are getting suspicious about a GT5 delay conspiracy due the photos showing "not in this version",that is quite ridiculous since final copies had been seen and a potential spec upgrade might be possible in the release (to unlock content,not add).

No, bad guess.

Its because most EU countries have a new date of 25/26th except for UK which is still at 24th.

:sly:

If COD gets special treatment, why wouldn't GT5?

They didn't get special treatment, they were just wiling to fork out the extra money to get one. Im sure Sony and PD could have a world wide release date if they wanted, but why bother on a 2 day difference? It also allows them to keep releasing stock for a bigger market.

I think it's because some people on the General Discussion thread have received e-mails notifying them of a possible delay. I think this is due to localized distribution networks having issues & not from Sony. I expect the majority of world will still receive the game on the release date.

That does blow for the EU.

I would not be surprised if a UK/USA delay follows as they haven't woken up yet.

Its outrageous that they can just move the release date (again).

delayed on the danish gran turismo 5 site too

however, not on the gamesite where i preordered it. (yet)

its pretty lame coz the store has the game a couple of days before launch? so technily i could uby it the 24th

They didn't get special treatment, they were just wiling to fork out the extra money to get one. Im sure Sony and PD could have a world wide release date if they wanted, but why bother on a 2 day difference? It also allows them to keep releasing stock for a bigger market.

Fork out the extra money? What extra money?

Playstation site for the french speaking part of Belgium says 26th
Playstation site for the dutch speaking part of Belgium says 24th

:D

i just talked to the shop where i preordered it. they havnt heard any news regarding new release date. still set to sell it on the 24th. (danish shop)

however.. as we all know they could just get the mail tomorrow or something

I asked Ross over at the european Playstation blog about the rumoured delay, he replied that I had to ask Penrose, but, Ross didn't know anything about a delay.

Good news, I guess....

Latest Posts

Back