GT5 First Impressions

• Thread starter Danisfast
  • 472 comments
My First impressions:
-I thought the intro looked meh when I saw it on youtube, but now I think its pretty good. Not the best but the MCR song has a good beat and the car assembly part was interesting.
-God damn the text is so small on an SDTV, it gives me a headache!
-The game looks great, even on an SDTV. Some reviews said the tracks from GT4 looked like crap but they look pretty good to me. I see the jagged shadows though, doesn't flip me off so much but it needs to be fixed.
-I only did a couple of easy-mode arcade races with the controller. Won them both. The cars felt decent enough.
-Driving impressions with the my black logitech Momo wheel are mixed. I first took out the Lotus Elise on Grand Valley and it felt brilliant. Then I drove the F40 at Fuji and it feels very, very similar to the F40 mod for rfactor, i.e. very difficult to control and lacking in grip, but powerful and loads of fun. Loved it. But then I drove a Super GT car at Suzuka and it felt a bit too planted and boring compared to FIA GT cars in Rfactor. Then I tried the Mclaren MP4-12C at Monaco and I didn't feel connected to the road at all for whatever reason.
-Sounds aren't that much different to GT4. The Super GT car sounded weak and the Mclaren had that vacuum cleaner type sound. The F40 sounded nice though.
-My pedals are malfunctioning a bit. I had to keep pulling back the brake pedal with my left foot whenever I was going in a straight line. I hope I can fix it somehow.
-I tried an online practice session with a pad. No issues whatsoever.
-All I've done in GT Mode is preview the two F1 Ferraris and buy a used Celica. I saw it had 167hp or something like that so I bought it.

So far the only disappointing part is how the Super GT and the Mclaren handled. Tomorrow I'll start the license tests.

At last got my copy, installed the game, and like most people here I felt disappointment with some of the graphical issues, image quality, loading times etc, but after that, decided to give it a go and purchased an mx-5, and good god this game feels good, just right, despite all issues i love this game...wish the would be more selective with the standard and premium cars some deserve to be premium.

I felt disappointment with some of the graphical issues, image quality, loading times etc

I haven't found the loading times long at all, on the contrary. Tracks load up in less than 10 seconds. Maybe it's that my PS3 320GB is 2 months old and comes with a faster hd, perhaps?

Another thing I find quite baffling is the complaints about the UI. Even in some reviews from game sites. Then in the review for NFS Shift or Dirt 2 from the same sites, they praise the UI to high heaven. Ok, I clearly have different taste, but still, WTF? The racing in Shift and Dirt2 was decent and enjoyable for me, but the menu design and general "stylizing" was so aggravating I just couldn't stand it, and after Shift and it's "style" I will probably never touch an EA game again..

GT5 with its clear, subdued and stylish menus is just how I like it.

Kind of where I went..."what screen tear?"

I'm sure the scenery is awful as well, as leaves aren't individually rendered on each tree, but you know you kind of don't notice that when you're trying to corner at 150 mph.

Just introduced my wife (former professional truck driver) to GT5 with the DFGT on our 46" Sharp. Now I'm wondering when I'm going to get my turn again. :nervous:

Strangely enough when i played after posting this i saw some screen tear lol but i was looking for it though i wouldnt say its the worst iv seen but its down to opinion i suppose. I agree on the scenery it does look a bit cardboard at times but tbh it doesnt bother me too much as like you say you dont notice when your racing. I have to say some of the comments about the game are annoying me a bit not from yourself but from others it seems they are just picking at the smallest things ie " the license tests are too difficult " wtf at least its not a game you can complete in 5 hrs which seems to be the norm these days.

No, GT5 is probably the worst game I've ever played in terms of screen tear.

There are other titles with much worse screen tear (bad company 1&2). But what dissapoint me is that gt5 has more screen tear then gt5p, wich make no sense since they should have tried to fix it...

What can i say, big disappointment. I mean REALLY BIG. Premium and "standard" cars? What standard? PS2 standard of course. Phototravel and some locations with three places for photos. Bspec? not very intuitive system. Crazy shades on cars. Funny track editor. And many more will show up later

5 years of developing? Hahahaah

Abu
I haven't found the loading times long at all, on the contrary. Tracks load up in less than 10 seconds. Maybe it's that my PS3 320GB is 2 months old and comes with a faster hd, perhaps?

maybe your HDD is 7200 rpm...anyways i really like the game. Sometimes compromises have to be made, i can see development trouble with such a lack of RAM on the ps3

What can i say, big disappointment. I mean REALLY BIG. Premium and "standard" cars? What standard? PS2 standard of course. Phototravel and some locations with three places for photos. Bspec? not very intuitive system. Crazy shades on cars. Funny track editor. And many more will show up later

5 years of developing? Hahahaah

There are many more locations for foto trevel when you did a special event. Yes the track manager is kind of useless. No point-to-point tracks you could create. I drove the rallye specials and adore the 8-9 km tracks. Great that we cant create those 👍.

But on the other things i am with you. :guilty:

:idea:Now I know why it took them 5+ yrs to develop this crap.👎
They had to make sure to mess up every possible ASSpect of the game, compared to the previous. Wasted time in adding crap like: Hired Driver Strenght, Mental Strenght, Personality etc..? HAHAHAHA what a *joke!👎 It would've been easier to just give a Driver(Dummy) a number, indicating his level to possibly cause us a seizure from watching all of his frustrating bull styles of driving. B-Spec Races should be called: A-Spec X 2, since we have to sit there and press for Driver's actions every 10 seconds.👎 Action selection on a timer? HAHAHA! The one thing I really liked in GT4 was the fact I could use the B-Spec Driver to win races by just: set it and forget it! So far it hasn't worked on this crap. A level 13 Driver in a 307hp Alfa 147, can not keep up to a 69hp "79 112 Abarth and ends up 7th at Rome-Amateur. HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This crap is a SHAMEFUL release. In plain words, I call it: Total rip off!!👎 Forza 2 is so much more deserving to be called a game and PD will never be able to achieve anything remotely close to the MASTERPIECE(compared to this crap) of Forza 3! :rolleyes:
It would take me 10+ yrs to list all the crap they incorporated in this crap game, but who cares, right? PD is happy knowing that no matter what, the morons of the world, will buy any crap, just to keep themselves and their kids entertained! This so called game definitely deserves a "Most screwed up game of the century" AWARD, and I guarantee you, no other game developer will ever beat this FIASCO!👎
If I ever come face to face with PD.....
Pathetic Dork!! 🤬

There are other titles with much worse screen tear (bad company 1&2). But what dissapoint me is that gt5 has more screen tear then gt5p, wich make no sense since they should have tried to fix it...

terrible textures in most of the environment as well,I see tiling everywhere but Mazga Laguna stood out like a sore thumb. looks like they were sleeping the past 5 years or on vacation

I really do not care that NFS Shift on my laptop has better graphics, because hands down GT5 offers the best physics short of iRacing and IMO a nick above LFS and RBR (for rally). rFactor is only as good as its mod creators. GTR has no idea what oversteer is. LFS is close but GT5 has a greater sense of feedback. RBR, again is great, but GT5 has more feedback.

When a car's rear starts to step out I know exactly when, exactly how much, and then I know exactly how much to correct. More importantly, in an oversteer scenario, I know when to return the wheel back to center.

Greetings all GTers,

I have long been a member of GTP but I read much more than I write, this time however I feel like I must express my disappointment with GT5. I bought my PS3 when GT5P came out in 2008 in anticipation of the full game, I was a finalist in the portuguese GT Academy and coughed out the 180€ for the Signature edition so I feel like I have earned the right to be heard so PD, please take note! I am now on level 22 so I think I have played enough to have formed a solid opinion on the game. (There are of course many good things in GT5 and I will still play it, but to make something better we need to concentrate on the weak points and make those stronger, I am sure Kaz would agree)

-The premium and standard cars issue isn't right, it seems like they started modelling some cars and then realised they wouldn't be able to model them all in such detail, but didn't want to throw away their work so came up with this solution, it's just not right. Specially when they went to the trouble of modelling cars like the Kubelwagen as premium and the Veyron as standard... and missed epic cars like the Ferrari 288GTO just as an example. What's the point in having cars like Daihatsus and Mazda Demios... the only slow cars that should stay are maybe the Suzuki Capuccino, Honda Beat, and Mazda AZ-1, because they have character! Get rid of the rest! People will buy an MX-5 as a first car if they want RWD or a Civic Type R if they don't mind the FWD, and they will never look back! GT6: Have 200-400 great cars all modelled as premium! Nothing more.

-Tracks: In my view it doesn't make sense why they went to the trouble of making up city tracks in London, Madrid, Rome, and a real world city track like Macau (which is awesome by the way!) is not present. Another huge absence is Spa Francorchamps. Sort it out!

-Graphics: Tearing happens all the time, shadows are fidgety on both types of cars and lack of smoke on rear view mirror is not acceptable (be it Dirt, Snow or Rain). This is supposed to be a strong point of GT5... it's not!

-Personnally I think they shouldn't have bothered with Karting, it's impossible to simulate the feeling you get by driving a kart on a Sim, and if you want to know just go down to your local Kart track and try it, it's not that expensive, Gran Turismo should concentrate on giving us the possibility to try out cars that most of us will never (or very rarely) get to drive, and almost never to their full potential, supercars and race cars. GT6: Get rid of karting

-This is also a very personal thing, I think B-Spec is a waste of space, and Photo Travel as well, although I know many would disagree. GT6: Depending on user's adherence or otherwise, get rid of or keep B-Spec. Keep Photo Travel as I know many people do appreciate it.

-Car Tuning: Brake Tuning is a massive thing that is missing, in the real world, if you wanted to take a road car to the track it is certainly the first thing you should upgrade (otherwise in 1 or 2 laps your pedal goes to the floor and the brakes do little slowing down, rather than brake the car). Custom painting is something I would happily live without but some people enjoy it and I don't mind having it and I don't think it took much effort to have it there. Why can't we adjust individual gear ratios like we used to be able in GT4...? You should be able to select which tires you want to use in the garage tuning menu rather than driving options! GT6: Add brake tuning (ventilated/perfurated steel discs, carbon ceramic discs, different pad materials), individual gear ratio selection. Please don't follow Forza and NFS and make a huge deal of decals and custom paintings etc, GT has its own following and we don't need that! Also we should be able to choose different wheel sizes when changing wheels on a car (within a reasonable range of course) and perhaps different tyre width and maybe even tyre pressures.

-AI : I don't see any improvement over GT4. They brake in stupid places (like exit of second to last corner on Top Gear track), crash into each other, into the wall, into you, and then keep accelerating into you even though they've already put you sideways... ridiculous! Needs a LOT of work for GT6. (Last Race of Nascar series on Extreme, Daytona, is just STUPID!)

-Licenses: Why on earth some licenses make you drive with ASM on is beyond me, specially in NASCAR (actually you can't drive a NASCAR car without it apparently...). That they make you drive with Skid Recovery Force on is just plain stupid. This is supposedly the Real Driving Simulator and they force you to drive with an aid that is a mysterious force that prevents you from spinning out... I understand why it's there and am all for it, so virtually anybody can pick up a DS3 and play the game, but never force ASM and SRF under ANY circumstances, this REALLY annoys me and I'm sure any simulation fan!

Speaking of simulation, I appreciate the fact that ridiculously long races are no longer present in the "campaign" but neither is tyre wear and you never need pitstops.... shame... The game should also officially support G25/G27 wheels... come on PD! And what do those tyres on the bottom left of the screen represent? Tyre slip? I prefered to know about tyre wear like in GT4...

Lastly and what really blew my lid off is this:

"We’re pleased to reveal that the competition will be based on GT5’s ‘B-Spec Mode’, so any Signature Edition owners should be sure to start levelling up their B-Spec drivers now in preparation." WTF???? I spent 180€ just so I could participate in this competition expecting it would be something like GT Academy... In my view this is spitting in the face of GT's most loyal followers... NOT HAPPY!!!! (Anybody want to buy my code for a negotiable amount?)

This game could have, and should have (given the time it took and endless delays) been epic, and it just isn't... what a let down! I will probably still pick up the standard version of GT6 if it comes out for the PS3 but I will definitely not be buying consoles because of any more GT games. I think I will be moving on to the PC Sim side of things... iRacing and that sort of thing

Please understand these are my personal views and I am sure many people will disagree with somethings I have said but I had to put it out there. Happy racing and I hope the Online mode does something to cheer me up after I've finished collecting all the trophies...hope to see you there!

Great review man! I, along with most of the other members here, have been a GT fan since the early days and have been waiting for GT5 for what seems like an eternity! But at last it's here : )! The game isn't perfect, nor was I expecting it to be, as no video game has ever been or ever will be PERFECT.

The graphics are stellar for the most part, with the exception of some of the standard cars that look like they were pulled straight out of GT4. The courses look incredible, especially the night tracks and Rome and Madrid. There is no slow down at all, as everything runs buttery smooth.

The controls and handling are the tightest they've ever been, which was a real sticking point with me with earlier versions in the series, particularly GT1 and GT2. The audio and sound affects are rock solid for the most part. The engine noises are spot on, while the soundtrack is pretty lousy at times.

The longevity of this game is going to be unreal. The career mode is going to be a chore to finish in itself, but with the online mode, it's almost going to be endless.

The few negatives that I have found with the game are very minor in my mind. Like I mentioned earlier, some of the standard cars look like they were plucked right out of GT4. The driver A.I., while slightly improved, is still pretty retarded a lot of the time. The soundtrack is sub par...whatever happened to the great soundtrack from GT2!? Lastly, while the car damage could have been a little more extensive, it's something I could honestly care less about. Some of the reviews I've read must have been written by a 10 year old, the way they bitch and complain about the lack of damage?! It's a racing game, not bumper cars or a destruction derby.

Presentation 9/10
Graphics 9/10
Sound 9/10
Gameplay 10/10
Controls 10/10
Overall 9.4

@miura

I understand your frustration in some points... like standard cars.. Waf is that 800 garbage cars.. But for the big crowd +1000 sounds good enough no matter std or premium.. Ia is awful again... Online racing is better than prologue but stills crap.. And where are the time trials??? The online events???? Ah.. And is there any really track editor??? Lol the slipstream stills huge too...

Anyway ... Gt5 stills a great game and i like it a lot... We dont have anything better than this for now... So lets enjoy what we have.. I think that the major problem here is that we were expecting a little more due the long waiting time and the revelations they made..

About the signature event... I dont believe in that... :@@@@@ i hope thats internet bs...

my first impressions are not good at all. But as of today im done with posting up a big list of " what the heck, this stinks !"

Ive canceled the G27 and going with a cheaper wheel, so using the controller, I get the feeling the the physics will be nice with a wheel. I thought Nurburgring Nordschleife was the most beautiful representaition of the track I have seen so far. Only thing is I cant figure out how to unlock the track to play without having to go into special events.

So cant wait until i get that sorted. I dont like the whole do this and that to unlock a track, that sucks.

I basically wanted to jump right in and enjoy the personalities of both indiviual cars and tracks. But with my first impressions, the cars have no personality with the fake generic computer like engine exhaust noises, so that pretty much rips the heart and soul from the title. Then all this nonsense about licenses and special events to open up tracks etc is more painful for me than enjoyable.

im just ready to get on with the game and try to have some sort of fun, start off with the game it just has a feeling that you are waiting in a long line impatiently to get your turn.

Then the NASCAR boasting with only 2 tracks in the game is silly. Ive been playing and im going to continue to push forward in hopes that i find something I like a lot. The Nurburgring is jewel in GT5, I just need to keep driving cars to see if i can find a few I can tolerate the engine sounds.

GT is falling behind.....

Way back in 1998 the racing world was rocked by the arrival of Gran Turismo, never before had a racing game offered so much to its customers, it had the biggest car selection of any game, boasted the best graphics, as well as a realistic driving physics, to top it all off it also had a deep level of car customization and tuning (for its time).......in short the game/franchise became a legend over night.

The GT brand became the benchmark by which all other console racers would be judged, it had set an impossibly high bench mark for the competition, the legacy of GT1's achievement would influence racing fans, the gaming industry, and the general gaming community for the next decade.

.....however a strong brand image can only go so far.

After GT1 the fan and the gaming community had begged and pleaded with PD to improve some of the original games short comings, however many of the most basic requests never came or took years to be implemented and fell short of expectations.

Driver AI: has been a constant problem through out the series, 13 years on and you would be hard pressed to notice any difference or improvement at all, back in 1997 brain dead AI was easily forgivable, but in 2010 its not.

If its taken PD 13 years to reach this point with its AI drivers, its pretty clear that racing against the AI is way down on PD's (Kaz's) priority list.

Graphics: Long be regarded as one of the series stongest selling points (if not the strongest), Kaz was long regarded as a perfectionist, especially when it comes to the appearance of the cars, however that is no longer the case in 2010, PD has just released a game where 80% of the content is ported straight over from a PS2, in short 80% of GT5 is a PS2 game, and looks like one.

One simply cannot cherry pick the premium cars/tracks and judge the game soley on them, we have to judge the product as a whole, so with 80% of the game looking 6 years behind the times, the only conclusion we can come to is the series can no longer be regarded as the best looking racer on the market.

PD has lost ground here and they know it.

Physics: This is the one major area that PD has really improved on, there have always been more realistic PC sims out there, but PD have closed the gap considerably, full marks for PD in improving the physics engine..well done.

Sound: Once again the vast majority or cars sound like vacuum cleaners, the sounds are so bad with certain cars its beyond a joke, we used to forgive PD in the past due to hardware limitations of the PS1/2 but if the competition is capable or recreating accurate car sounds of current Gen hardware PD simply arnt investing enough time or money into improving this aspect of the series, even though its been one of the most criticized part of the series. again PD have fallen way behind the competition in the car sound category.

Customization: this is an area that has suffered throughout the years, PD started of really strong with GT1, but theres been a constant decline imo of additions, improvements and innovation when it come to tuning/car customization. If anything the series took a back step after GT1 and has never bounced back from that.

The competition is now miles ahead of the GT series in this key area, once one of GT's strongest selling points, that gave the game so much depth, has been left to stagnate over the years, clearly this is not one of Kaz's priorities, with almost zero improvement in 13 years, and the competition leagues ahead, GT has clearly lost this ground to the enemy.

Conclusion: With GT5's incredibly long loading screens, dumb a$$ AI, painfully boring A spec mode, ugly cars (80%), bland lifeless looking tracks, i dont think that going to appeal to the masses the way the previous GT games did.

In the past GT had no competition, that simply not the case anymore, PD has very strong competition in 2010, and their capitalizing on all the areas PD has allowed its self to fall behind.

Last edited:
@miura

I understand your frustration in some points... like standard cars.. Waf is that 800 garbage cars.. But for the big crowd +1000 sounds good enough no matter std or premium.. Ia is awful again... Online racing is better than prologue but stills crap.. And where are the time trials??? The online events???? Ah.. And is there any really track editor??? Lol the slipstream stills huge too...

Anyway ... Gt5 stills a great game and i like it a lot... We dont have anything better than this for now... So lets enjoy what we have.. I think that the major problem here is that we were expecting a little more due the long waiting time and the revelations they made..

About the signature event... I dont believe in that... :@@@@@ i hope thats internet bs...

I also wanted to add that I think I actually preferred the physics in the GT Academy Time trial demo... the way the humps of the curbs made the steering wheel vibrate (etc) felt more real... it's hard to tell since you can't compare it now but it seems to me they felt the GT Academy TT was a step too far and would mean most people wouldn't be able to enjoy the game so they eased it off a bit.

Damage is very poor, either have a solid damage model like GRID for example or don't have it at all, I say dump it. GT5 gamers want to race, not crash!

The news on the Signature Edition competition are on the gran-turismo.com website so hope that it's a bad joke is small....

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d17892.html

I agree that the game is still good in many aspects and so of course I will keep playing it, just a shame as it could've been much better and these news about the SE competition really made me fume!

I just love it!!! I cant stop playing!!!!

Yes, bad shadows and some standart cars look like a PS2 game sometimes.

Besides that i love it like all the GTs before.

played about 12ish hours so far and the only thing that really gets me down is the maintenance cost for cars in this game.

If you slightly dent your car it easily costs you 30k for a car worth about the same ( alfa 147 gta).

So in order to turn a profit you have to win about 4 or so races and not crash once or get bumped by ai braking for no apparent reason in front of you.

Gues i'll have to get some overpowered car put on all driving aids (when I play with the ps3 controller ) and redo the "best money / minute race" over and over again.. damn grind. Or just train up a b-spec driver and hope he stops trashing my cars as well after a while...

In short I cant wait to get (and I hope there are ) parts of the game where you can actually make some money and don't have to worry about everything being insanely overpriced.

You only need to repair your car once every 600 km or so...
If you calculate that out in all the rest, cars are prety cheap in my opinion.

I would have thought with about 1000+ vehicles they would at least have a C6 Z51 in this game.. WTF were they doing these past few years? The Z06 and ZR1 are nice, but come on. I have a lemans blue 06' Z51, it would have been nice to be able to also use it in my favorite video game... They put it a few different versions of some POS vehicles but they couldn't throw in the Z51? I would normally say LoL but I'm the one being shafted here. :dunce:

Other issues: It seems like B spec is a disaster. I don't know what's worse, the fact the b spec driver seems to drive worse than a blind old lady or the fact that when you crash you can barely even see a scratch or dent.. WAIT! I think I know what's worse, it's the stupid AI that runs you off the road if you get into their line. Not a big deal but when they keep trying to ram into you until you fishtail it gets annoying. Every game has it's faults but come on I was expecting a lot more from GT5.

I have been playing Forza 2 and 3 on the 360 so I've grown accustomed to the controls and such so that's why I'm using a wired 360 controller on the PS3 with a similar set up to Forza controls. (I'm using one of those adapters) It's working out great so far and it's actually easier to control the vehicle with a 360 controler. You certainly get a lot more rumble and it feel 'precise'.

GT5 is really a great game overall, but they half assed here and there. After waiting all this time and the game getting hyped up you'd expect a masterpiece and nothing less. I've been playing Gran Turismo since GT2 so I had pretty high expectations of GT5...

On the plus side, The ability to use your own custom soundtrack is awesome on a PS3 game, (more ps3 games should offer custom audio) driver level system is superb, the logs to see what your friends have accomplished is great, the graphics are definately the best on any console, the list goes on..

I'm upset I didn't get the collector's edition with the 6 chrome line cars but I'm glad I have the McLaren at least. The Nascar is meh. I still haven't redeemed the code but I might do so today. I've read good things about the F1 stealth, it's supposed to be one of the fastest DLC cars? I hope so. Hopefully we'll all be able to buy these stealth and chrome cars cheap from a DLC in the future. Anyway good to be a part of the forum and GT5 community. I'll be using this forums more often now for info.

I hope Mr. Yamauchi and Sony are reading all the feedback GT5 players are posting. I know what I'm going to post has already been stated, but I want the above to realize some of the faults to this game are pretty serious.

- The online portion is easy to navigate, voice chat is well done and Ive noticed little lag, but where's the rewards for winning? No earned money?
- On to bigger issues. Like many have stated before, why can we not upgrade the brakes? Makes no sense for a sim. Took a step back here from previous GT games. What about changing the wheels on the standards cars as well, and/or at least tire pressure adjustments? I'm only at level 19 as of a few days ago but tires do not seem to wear out, fuel level stays put. Where's the realism there?
- Fully Customizable Trans, is not fully customizable...what gives here? I read the big issue for most is the top speed factor, but to me it's deeper than that. When things get intense, some tracks with some cars will have you changing from 2nd and 3rd gears through most the corners. If you can adjust each ratio you can tweak it to keep the car in one gear in the cars powerband without sacrificing overall acceleration and top speed. Not possible with GT5, another step backwards.
- The AI...another huge fault. Like others stated, AI randomly jabs the brakes in front of you, or they'll side swipe you like you're not there in a turn, or rear end you mindlessly. What really got to me was in one of the final license tests the AI would rear end me or bump me on the side and I would get disqualified. This had me hot, please fix the AI!!
- Bugs...I've had quite a few lockups and random freezing in the game.
- Less severe but still annoying. Car delivery, please lets speed up the "receiving" process or just dump the cars into my garage with a "NEW" banner across the thumbnail or something. Also already acknowledged are the jaggy shadows on tracks and cars. A lot of standard cars have some horrendously blurry textures too, some simple cleaning up of the textures would have sufficed there. Most tracks look pretty good, but some left me wondering otherwise. I was stoked when I heard the Top Gear Test Track was included, but its rendition left me bummed.
- Everyone wants their car in the game, I can relate to that but truthfully I understood it as PD mainly putting historically significant vehicles that impacted the automotive world plus "the rest". A lot of folks have mentioned cars that should have been included in GT5 in other posts, so I'll add in another one I haven't seen mentioned, the BMW E30 M3. Personally I'd love to see the new Ford Mustang 5.0 :D I hope PD plans to offer enthusiasts DLC with cars!
- Limited tuning options. Some vehicles are very limited in their tuning options. In GT5P you could save 3 different tuning profiles for each vehicle which made it convenient to switch between races but not available here! Why not? There's also a very limited selection of wheels to put on your premium car. Aero and racing kits are also very limited and exclusive to a few cars.
- While I think the photomode is pretty neat, I haven't seen the option to put multiple cars together, unless this becomes available as you level up.
- Damage...Either fully have it (realistic mechanical & physical), or don't. But best would be to toggle it on or off.
- Why can't you qualify for your grid position? You're always stuck somewhere in the middle.
- Now onto the better. Physics are best of the GT series IMO. The premium cars look amazing! 60 hz (mostly) is very nice. Some folks don't like the standard cars, but I think its nice that they were included. I'm happy to be able to drive Caterham, Merc XR7 and others in GT5 that I would otherwise have to boot up the the old GT's for! I've done quite a bit of kart racing and it feels legit in GT5. Inclusion of Nascar is ok, but both of these should have been left out if it took away from the dev time of core GT5 experience.
- 16 cars in the playing field makes the racing that much better! Replays are good as always.
- Some of the special events are very fun and immersive. Others like the Nascar and Top Gear challenges.....yea.
- Other than the overly loud race transmissions (yea they're loud, but so are race engines and they're dwarfed even in external view), engine sounds are improved over previous versions. Skidmarks and tire smoke is nice. A little detail which I think is very nice is when you select a car from your garage, you hear it crank and fire up, I think thats a nice touch that helps immerse you in the experience of the car you're about to drive. (I laughed when I heard the F-150 SVT clip, as whoever did it while recording cranked it too long :dopey:)
-Nurburgring looks amazing. Been there, done that and this rendition looks great and is very accurate! Now if only I could take my S197 in real life as fast as in GT5 :)
- B-Spec is a simple way to earn money while you're busy on the can, its not that bad!

I know most of these are echo's of other enthusiast feedback, but thats my point. I hope Mr. Yamauchi and the rest at PD/Sony read the huge amount of feedback and make these improvements via patches and/or DLC. We don't want to wait for GT6 for these improvements. At the very least, I'd like to hear a response to the various feedback from Mr. Yamauchi. In all, I really like GT5, but after 6 years we expected an epic game, perfection, and I'm afraid it fell short.

(Sorry for the long post)

-This is also a very personal thing, I think B-Spec is a waste of space, and Photo Travel as well

I agree 100%. Yamauchi has forgotten this is about racing cars, if you want top play around with pictures go and download Adobe Photoshop. VW Kubelwagen and VW Camper instead of the E30 M3 and the F50? Madrid and London instead of Mifield Raceway and El Capitan? This guy has been found out, he's a spoofer and doesn't know what he is doing. He's lost the plot.

Back