GT5: GT Mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtone339
  • 182 comments
  • 19,585 views
What about the Jazz soundtrack? Please let it begone!
 
What about the Jazz soundtrack? Please let it begone!

You'll not get that, Kaz says there is more Jazz and Lounge in GT5 :)
Personally I love it, it is what GT is.
 
Looks interesting but I do hope that it has more racing options than GT3, or GT4 had.

If there's one thing I didn't like about those two (and GTPSP though to a lesser extent) was the mix of cars they tossed at you because the events were non specific. GT2 had the formula just right being able to enter event that were specific to certain cars (power levels, era like muscle cars etc.). I understand its all about the power to weight ratio as a deciding factor but I would like to be able to race more appropriate opponents.

For example if I want to drive the Group C prototypes I should be able to drive just those instead of racing against modern GTs or LMP cars. Sure they are technically advanced and with aerodynamic, tire, and braking improvement can make up the power deficit the C cars had on the straights but it's just not the same to me. Seems like nitpicking but that's what I have not liked of the last iterations since GT2.
 
I'd rather they not do all that silly stylistic nonsense from GT4, personally.

Agreed GT3's set up was so much cleaner and simpler. GT4 went way to far in the way of complexity
 
GT4's GT mode was mainly eye candy that got tedious after a while.
 
I hope the guys at GT Auto are a little kinder to the suspension on GT5...:lol:

Agreed :lol: :lol:

They just drop and spin your car wildly that sometimes your thinking, WTH are you doing to my car? :lol:(That was when I was new to GT4) :lol:
 
Totaly agree! Remember that awesome feeling you'd get after getting your dream car? I never beat GT4 because I was stuck at the Pro GT world championship and by the time I knew what I could do to save money, the game got reading errors! :grumpy:

I just hope they have enough races to get money for the dream cars. I hated in Prologue having to continually repeat those 'overtake in one lap' races, just to get enough credits to buy something better then what you had.
 
What about the Jazz soundtrack? Please let it begone!

I love the Jazz, I would hate it to be replaced by silly 'mood' music.
 
...it's a long shot, but I hope we get individual manufacturer theme music again. Mazda's music in GT1 was awesome, as was Honda/Acuras 👍
 
i always turn all the music off, no place for any noise but the car and environment in a racing game :D
 
I like the new simple layout, GT4's looked nice but got frustrating trying to remember where everything was as it was all scattered. I do hope the races are organized like they have been in all the previous full versions, I hate how they have it setup in GT5P.
 
I just hope they have enough races to get money for the dream cars. I hated in Prologue having to continually repeat those 'overtake in one lap' races, just to get enough credits to buy something better then what you had.

I've since discovered that gathering credits online is much more fruitful and enjoyable. Especially when you get into race lobbies for two people. You know that no matter what, you'll be getting at least 45,000 credits.
 
I've since discovered that gathering credits online is much more fruitful and enjoyable. Especially when you get into race lobbies for two people. You know that no matter what, you'll be getting at least 45,000 credits.

:lol: No doubt.
 
Regarding the music, Prologue cheered me up a lot. The soundtrack was brilliant! The driving rock selection was solid, and, adding to the catalogue of cool fusion tracks, lovely trio tunes! Nice.

Also, I liked the map view in GT Mode.
 
i always turn all the music off, no place for any noise but the car and environment in a racing game :D

Me too, since I use the engine sound to upshift, but playing a big enduro just hearing the freaking GT4 sounds was quite painful, gladly, MP3 players helped a lot back then.
 
Funny, I thought that Jazz was silly mood music! :sly:;)
Gotta have the smooth Jazz-Fusion menu music.

Hehe, talk about generalising...
Any music is mood music (or at least, it can be.)

Some of it is really good, too.

Anyway, the Japanese seem very fond of their Jazz, and GT games have always been full of smooth jazz (often laid back), progressing to proper Fusion-esque pieces (say, in the tuning menu, or whatever - nice and upbeat, verging on "zany" to the uninitiated :dopey:) or even straight Funk (now we're talking...).

I don't mind it, as it's often technically impressive, and as a "musician", I take inspiration from it. But I still turn it off eventually; I don't like listening to the same thing over and over. No music when racing goes without saying.

The interesting thing is that the menu music is (arguably) becoming more "refined" from GT2 onwards - hopefully a good omen.
Brilliantly (well, I think so), the original has a great "old-skool" .mod-like vibe going on. :D
Also interesting to note is the maintaining of theme from game to game, notably with the "home" music: (1), 2, 3, 4. (love that "11th chord" motif on the bass, from GT2 onwards!)



---> Actual point:

It might be nice if the game can categorise the music it uses for the different menus (i.e. not just the races), and then pulls one to match from your own library (even better, from any "media servers" currently accessible) so that it can be less monotonous if you spend a lot of time in menus. Could make photomode, livery / track editing or tuning a bit more personal, where present.
 
It might be nice if the game can categorise the music it uses for the different menus (i.e. not just the races), and then pulls one to match from your own library (even better, from any "media servers" currently accessible) so that it can be less monotonous if you spend a lot of time in menus. Could make photomode, livery / track editing or tuning a bit more personal, where present.

Or they could use the perpetual changing music formula software created by Brian Eno.;)
 
The interesting thing is that the menu music is (arguably) becoming more "refined" from GT2 onwards - hopefully a good omen.
Brilliantly (well, I think so), the original has a great "old-skool" .mod-like vibe going on. :D
Also interesting to note is the maintaining of theme from game to game, notably with the "home" music: (1), 2, 3, 4. (love that "11th chord" motif on the bass, from GT2 onwards!)

Sorting thru the youtube selections, I discovered the BEST sound in GT4 (for me anyway) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lh_5qQxYTo&feature=related

It always prompted my 'Gold License Dance' and laughter from my wife everytime she saw me......:):)

[even now I keep hitting that link and am dancing alittle in my office :crazy:]
 
Sorting thru the youtube selections, I discovered the BEST sound in GT4 (for me anyway) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lh_5qQxYTo&feature=related

It always prompted my 'Gold License Dance' and laughter from my wife everytime she saw me......:):)

[even now I keep hitting that link and am dancing alittle in my office :crazy:]

:lol:

There's always this to bring you down; you can just feel it taunting you: "don't worry, we know that's the best you can do. At least you tried..." :mad:

@analog not heard of him / his work (though I was familiar with the concept, and it would be great as an option in GT5!) I see there are a lot of iPhone apps to that effect - I'll see if there's anything web-based. I'm going to spend a while looking into it... :p
 
The music now actually sounds like real music, unlike the game/midi music in past GT games
There was enough variety in GT5:P where I didn't feel irritated at all.
 
No music while I'm racing serious, but while in the menus its all good. 👍
 
^^Yup it loses your concentration :lol:

IMO this is the best song if you just want to practice and have fun. Love this song in GT1.

 
Last edited:
Back