GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments

:(

Also as for who said they didn't like the GT4 intro music, I though it was awesome.

Of course it's the US only. All GT's (with the exception of GT PSP) have different intro songs. Japan always has Moon Over the Castle, as that's GT's theme song, and the US and Europe have their own hand picked songs.

I wish the US had that as the opening. I LOVE Moon Over The Castle.

I hope this is a joke.

facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
:(

Also as for who said they didn't like the GT4 intro music, I though it was awesome.

GT2's intro song (My Favorite Game) is the only intro song that i've liked. I thought it actually fit the game which is why I liked it. The others just don't seem to fit.

Of course I really like Moon Over the Castle and was really hoping that they'd finally go with it for every territory instead of just Japan. But that's obviously not going to happen.

In a desperate attempt to make up for the extra weeks, they've provided us with a SLS Wallpaper -_- I wonder what would have really been provided :/

Also, the topics on the GT5 section are getting ridiculous. Next I'm going to see "What t-shirt will you be wearing when you play GT5?" "What is the exact time, down to the second you will be picking up GT5"

I would make this thread right now if I could just to be a smart ass

GT2's intro song (My Favorite Game) is the only intro song that i've liked. I thought it actually fit the game which is why I liked it. The others just don't seem to fit.

Of course I really like Moon Over the Castle and was really hoping that they'd finally go with it for every territory instead of just Japan. But that's obviously not going to happen.

so do you like my little mon tage ? haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmmuHU0jfz8

I remember hearing in a 'making of' video sometime that they choose the intro songs based on them being 'timeless' (ie will still be considered good in 10,20 or 30 years time from now).

Personally I'm not too sure this song will live up to that statement, but then again I'm not all that musically minded, so I may well be wrong.

There will be custom soundtracks, so no problem for those concerned with this.

It seems like the previous posts talked about soundtracks, but I was referring to just "tracks". It's probably race tracks, since there were rumors of only 20. Also because Monza was referred to as a "track" in same magazine.

What's the point in giving that new-for-GT5 "Soul On Display" (refusing to type the stupid leet-speak name) a name if they're just going to throw some awful dead band's song in?

Polyphony doesn't choose songs for other regions. It's up to the US and European producers of the game pick those songs. Polyphony only controls the music you'll hear in the Japanese version.

Unfortunately I cannot give you the video, as I no longer have it, nor write down the exact message, but:

During a report of the 2010 Frankfurt Auto Show, there was an interview with a manager from Peugeot. Story revoked about the SR1 Concept and, according to the Eurosport presentator the car will end up in Gran Turismo.

peugeot-sr1-concept.jpg

Might not be the case, maybe the presentator was simply wrong, but since Gran Turismo is sponsoring the 908...

It's definitely the intro song

"Gran Turismo is one of the most beloved videogame franchises of all time, with fans across the globe," says My Chemical Romance lead singer Gerard Way. "Having a song featured as the lead intro to GT5 allows us to reach fans beyond radio and online and into a totally different platform. We are thrilled that our song is going to be the first thing you hear when you boot up the game."

http://bandweblogs.com/blog/2010/10...ary-go-featured-in-gran-turismo-5-video-game/

But look on the bright side, there's no way that it can be as bad as the song that SCEA chose for the retrospective trailer

What's the point in giving that new-for-GT5 "Soul On Display" (refusing to type the stupid leet-speak name) a name if they're just going to throw some awful dead band's song in?

I actually watched a clip on YouTube of that new My Chemical Romance track ( don't blame me, didn't knew them ).......
Really, really wish I hadn't, time spend I'll never get back...did hear a lot of 'sorry' in those lyrics, might be a reason.

I would make this thread right now if I could just to be a smart ass

I thought about it but I figured no one would get the humor, and the mods would lock it because I made it out of a joke, not a legitimate topic. Even though the legitimacy is hazy, it's a useless thread topic that really has little to do with GT5. Zomg what are you doing the day you pick up GT5? LET'S PLAN OUT OUR DAY ACCORDINGLY AND FINE THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY TO MAXIMIZE OUR TIME OUT OF THE HOUSE TO GET THE GAME AND GET HOME TO MAKE A NEW TOPIC

Back