GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Regarding Game Stop Weekly Surprise:
I think Game stop put a hold on their Turismo Tuesday, since everyone was waiting for the Nov 2 release.
Games stop had plan to count down week by week with those treats for us...

But now that it has been pushed out further without a date, Gamestop does not have enough material to show us
week after week... i guess they are holding on the remaining surprises and will resume when the same amount of weeks left comes around again...

I just checked the Turismo Tuesdays site and they've added an extra week. So, now it's 5 weeks instead of 4. And today's video is the old NASCAR video that mentioned that Dale Jr. is the one who told NASCAR to look at Polyphony for a NASCAR game after EA lost their exclusive license.

I remember watching an early GT intro with a friend and us both trying to imagine in-game graphics with the CGI standards of the time in future iterations of Gran Turismo; GT5 far-surpases them. Where did the time go? :)

That reminds me of when GT2's intro was released and a lot of speculation came up about the visuals actually being an early code for GT3. GT3 ended up looking a lot better than that intro.

I would really love some epic classical music score, some opera perhaps, as an introduction to GT5.
A specially written opera maybe, explaining the long wait, painful delay building up slowly and ending gloriously with angels singing and the whole shebang......

Or just give us "Horsepower" by the Chemical Brothers ( extended GT5 mix ), that'll do just fine.

Now that is a facepalm! :lol:

i like it more

tactical_facepalm_Facepalm_collection-s480x352-82174-580.jpg

I just checked the Turismo Tuesdays site and they've added an extra week. So, now it's 5 weeks instead of 4. And today's video is the old NASCAR video that mentioned that Dale Jr. is the one who told NASCAR to look at Polyphony for a NASCAR game after EA lost their exclusive license.

Makes you wonder how many wallpapers we'll be getting eh?

Welcome to a month ago.

Why am I getting feelings of déjà vu.

I did enjoy this one at the thesixthaxis link:

……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……“;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..,<`.._|_,-&&#8220;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.`\

hey guys, guess that might be quite interesting for all of you...

i was at an official sony retailer (sony center in bern, switzerland) yesterday, in the shop window they displayed some sort of bundle

sony 3D tv + ps3 + GT5 !!!

i talked to one of the sales assistants in the shop. the guy didn't seem absolutely competent, yet he confirmed that the bundle is for sale RIGHT NOW

sorry i can't say anything about the prices. buying a new tv and ps3 just to play gt5 2 months earlier is not an option for me. however, i would assume that sony wouldn't let you have the package with the cheapest version of a 3D tv...

i was at an official sony retailer (sony center in bern, switzerland) yesterday, in the shop window they displayed some sort of bundle

i talked to one of the sales assistants in the shop. the guy didn't seem absolutely competent, yet he confirmed that the bundle is for sale RIGHT NOW

sorry i can't say anything about the prices. buying a new tv and ps3 just to play gt5 2 months earlier is not an option for me. however, i would assume that sony wouldn't let you have the package with the cheapest version of a 3D tv...

Sorry I seriously doubt that they are offering GT5 right now, probably pre order it and have it delivered for you.

Nope, it will be in the contract that GT5 will be sent to you when it is released. GT5 hasn't even been mass produced yet (as far as we know, but its unlikely as if it was...There would be no delay.)

Sorry I seriously doubt that they are offering GT5 right now, probably pre order it and have it delivered for you.

That's what I think too, would be the most cynical way to sell 3D TV's though by offering GT5 in advance to the regular release date.:lol:
If they could however, I wouldn't bet against them actually trying it....

Back