GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,806,680 views
For people who missed it last night:

With my calculations, These are the most likely possibilities for GT5 to release:

USA:

23nd November - 40% Possible.
30th November - 60% Possible.

UK:
26th November - 50% Possible.
3rd December 50% Possible.

Anything after those dates is 100% possible.

-----

How I calculated/Estimate this:

GT5 Delay was Announced on 12/10/10
They missed the production date by 3 days.
Give or take 3 days from the delay, we have 9/10/10 to 15/10/10.

So 9/10/10 was the earliest possible deadline for PD to submit the gold copy.
So 15/10/10 was the latest possible deadline for PD to submit the gold copy.

The Expected Release date was 2/11/10.
This means that they planned to finish stamping and ship in between 19-24 days.

Stamping was announced on the 2/11/10, and lets assume stamping will last until 5/11/10.

19 days from then gives us 21/11/10
24 days from then gives us 29/11/10

If we round these up to the next Tuesday for the US, and the next Friday for the UK we get the earliest possible dates:

US 23/11/10 - Notice that this date is exactly 3 weeks later than expected, which was speculated amongst many.
UK 26/11/10 - Notice that this date is exactly 3 weeks later than expected, which was speculated amongst many.

as a fail safe, give them an extra week.

US 30/11/10 - Corresponds to the Sony Style date.
UK 3/12/10

There is a lot of estimating and assuming, but based on the information we have at this point, this is the best we can hope for.

I think this is the closest and most educated guess we have so far.
 
Whatever, it'll still be out before Duke Nukem Forever.
 
To be fair, from the custom trimming and the phot angles, I can see why a car noob would think a stang looks like a camaro.

To be fair, they do share a lot of styling similarities, and I can't be alone in being very slightly disappointed another GT Award Winner is so similar to a previous one. What happened to showing us diversity?
 
I think the release date will likely be December 28th in the US. It follows the same trend that PD has followed with other late December releases (GT4 released on December 28 in Japan, December 11 for GT2, December 24 GT1...in Japan).

Also, with a US release on December 28th, it ensures pretty much every kid in America will have that day off for the Holidays (as well as many of the parents to take them to the store), giving them the entire day to buy on release day. Lastly, it fits into the picture of a "Holiday" release, but wasn't specifically mentioned as a "December" release because other places in the world will likely release during the first couple days of January.

I'd hate to have to wait that long, but it's better than anything 2011 or beyond.

A release date that late into the year for a US release would translate into fewer sales for Sony, at that point most purchase decisions & impulse buys as a gift will have been made. If your Sony your going to try to maximize your sales. It's those people that don't live & breath 24/7 that Sony needs to attract, at that point you would loose them until the next holiday. Also most people might hold off a month or two before making purchases again.

It would almost be better if Sony misses the window to hold off a month or two.

I believe the US release of GT4 had been pushed from December 2004 to March of 2005.
 
Hello! I am new to this board but have been reading for a while now. Very excited to play game.

I think if you go by the math, it should be about the end of November for release date.

Missed production window by 3 days and that was three weeks, roughly, before scheduled release date. If they are in fact now stamping the discs, then it should be roughly three weeks until game is released.

I have my best guess at Tuesday, November, 30, 2010.

Cheers!
 
To be fair, they do share a lot of styling similarities, and I can't be alone in being very slightly disappointed another GT Award Winner is so similar to a previous one. What happened to showing us diversity?

But I can tell them apart easily and I'm not even a muscle car aficionado pur sang although I do agree a lot of those cars from the same period share similarities but that's the case in a lot of different cars from the same periods.
I fully agree with being slightly disappointed in the choice of another, and not a very special one either in my opinion, muscle car though.
Weren't there more original ones?
Preferably a completely different category this time from the previous winners, ah well at least one engine swap by default is included.
 
For the record in response to mygroth, I personally like understated cars and mainstream cars thats what interests me the most. I want to throw an old Mini Cooper around Monza for example, or a Ford Fiesta. Normally when I can put the game on and my sister goes "ZOMG A PINK FIAT 500" it fills me with that warm glow.

So the Audi RS6 was an automatic win.

I absolutely loved the RS6 in Project Gotham Racing 2!
 
SEMA SHOW 2009 GT AWARD "MUSTANG"

12009.jpg


SEMA SHOW 2010 GT AWARD "CAMARO"

12010o.jpg


Looks VERY similar to me !!

Please explain to me how a Camero and a Mustang look Similar.
 
W..Wh...Why do people keep posting the Sony Style page?:guilty:
 
Please explain to me how a Camero and a Mustang look Similar.

If you're not a car nut, or are from europe and never grew around muscle cars, they would look the same to you etc. I for one do not know every single muscle car or "old american" car. Nothing wrong with that. To him they look the same, and to me they once looked the same too. Thanks to GT this has changed as i grew up and so did my car knowledge. Nothing wrong with this.
 
Cause those people realy think they have news and post what they see before they read other posts.

Oh yes, and also most people are posting for their message count :crazy:
 
They look identical to me.

Not particularly special either, surprised they picked such a similar car again.
 
Please explain to me how a Camero and a Mustang look Similar.

Let's see....

Muscle car, pointed nose/grill area, same headlight shape and position, very similar body shape.

They look quite a like actually in that picture.
 
Place bet now!
How many posts between this one and the next posting of the sony style nov 30th page?
Bet 12
 
The japanese love the american muscle of the 60's, I work for a japanese car manufacturer and the japan engineers here love to go out to the drag races honestly and see the old muscle cars race. Doesn't surprise me that they picked a mustang and camaro, the sports cars in japan are rare, I own a z32 and they were all over the thing when I drove it to work. I showed them a photo of my old 280z and they were amazed, so a muscle car to them is almost exotic since it doesn't exist in there country for the most part.
 
A release date that late into the year for a US release would translate into fewer sales for Sony, at that point most purchase decisions & impulse buys as a gift will have been made. If your Sony your going to try to maximize your sales. It's those people that don't live & breath 24/7 that Sony needs to attract, at that point you would loose them until the next holiday. Also most people might hold off a month or two before making purchases again. It would almost be better if Sony misses the window to hold off a month or two.

I believe the US release of GT4 had been pushed from December 2004 to March of 2005.
I agree 👍 Some people are saying Sony will get the most out of Christmas, but in actuality it is the complete opposite. With a few days to go in the year, they will not make anywhere as much sales as they would if they release...say, late November.
W..Wh...Why do people keep posting the Sony Style page?:guilty:
Because no one has the time to post a warning. I guess it would be too much to make a thread stating the latest news in a list format for people to stay up-to-date. That way new members won't constantly repeat "old news".
But then again, this is the "GT5 Latest News and General Discussion Thread". People should scan at least 5 pages before posting news. :)
 
i don't hate american (muscle) cars but why give the gt award for 2 years straight (2009 and 2010) to two hot rods ? this year could of been anyting else imo. then a few years ago the award was give to the buik in gt4 an the art morisson in gt5p. i think KY is loosing his mind or something !
 
I dunno if you guys heard but I just read on the SonyStyle website that the release date is Nov. 30!!! .... I kid, I kid..:sly: I was a little ticked off about no word of a release date but this thread is really keeping me entertained! :)
 
just joined gtp but i been visiting for a long time and i hope we get gt5 this year
 
A release date that late into the year for a US release would translate into fewer sales for Sony, at that point most purchase decisions & impulse buys as a gift will have been made. If your Sony your going to try to maximize your sales. It's those people that don't live & breath 24/7 that Sony needs to attract, at that point you would loose them until the next holiday. Also most people might hold off a month or two before making purchases again.

It would almost be better if Sony misses the window to hold off a month or two.

I believe the US release of GT4 had been pushed from December 2004 to March of 2005.

Shhhhhhhh. You shut your mouth. Don't give them any ideas.
 
They look identical to me.

Not particularly special either, surprised they picked such a similar car again.
👍 and I add ,Fortunately,we European people have a different and better tastes :)
 
Back