GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,811,886 views
BLUE FLAG - Passing and Overtaking. The blue or passing flag has different meanings depending on how it is held and whether it is used during practice, qualifying or racing.Generally when it is held motionless it is an indication to a driver that there is a faster car following closely behind, but not yet close enough for a pass. A waving flag generally indicates that the driver is about to be overtaken and should take care to permit the following vehicle a safe pass. Some drivers resist moving over for an over-taking car when they feel they are racing for position. Controversy can follow the use of the passing flag. Some series use a blue flag with a diagonal yellow stripe.

Yeah, but a driver can get penalized for not moving over if the driver is clearly faster, even if it's for position. At least, that's the case in most American road racing series.
 
:lol:... I'm not near my machine with photoshop, but somebody needs to pop Kaz and Translator-sans heads onto the image.

You rang? :sly:
mib.jpg

Sorry about no Kaz :lol:
 
I meant to post this here:

A guy at my local GameStop announced that GT5's official release date is January 11, 2011

A guy at my local Gamestop announced that your guy don't know jack....:)
 
I figured he was lying and like I told him there is no release date so why would he just out the blue make up one? IDK.
 
I meant to post this here:

A guy at my local GameStop announced that GT5's official release date is January 11, 2011

How many times must people be told that you must not trust you local Gamestop worker?I called today too guess what he said?Feb 22,2011.Unless we get a date from Sony or PD it is pure speculation.In the future anyone posting a release date that has not come from Sony or PD should be banned.Man all these supposed release dates and the people that post them really get under my skin.Yes i went on a little rant there but this type of posts make me want to punch someone in the face.
 
Yeah I know, I'm not sure if it's that way in all series though. Kinda a common courtesy flag, frowned upon highly if ignored. In F1 during qualifying if a faster driver comes up and you ignore the blue flag you drop back 5 spots on the grid.

Also, when a drivers will try to rejoin the field after previously refueling & changing tires at the pits, he will be waved the blue flag to warn him that other cars are approaching on the track, at the end of the start/finish line.
 
I figured he was lying and like I told him there is no release date so why would he just out the blue make up one? IDK.

Reasons vary, but mostly they lie so they don't have to say they they don't know.
 
I meant to post this here:

A guy at my local GameStop announced that GT5's official release date is January 11, 2011

A guy at my local GameStop asked if I wanted it for Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Shows how much knowledge they have.
 
The only names I have found for it are"passing flag", "blue flag" and lol "the move over flag"
Yeah, thanks for the info dude.

@ RACECAR It was the high beams in the video. I guess my mind was drifting and I was thinking of something else IRL.

Anyway, Im going to see what's happening at Sony's lounge in Manhattan today. I havent found the time it opens so I guess Ill just be in the city early. If there's anything about GT5 worth posting I'll let you guys & Jordan know.
 
Enough with the dates.

Btw can someone explain the Datalogger trophy, it seems impossible to get.
 
Yeah, thanks for the info dude.

@ RACECAR It was the high beams in the video. I guess my mind was drifting and I was thinking of something else IRL.

Anyway, Im going to see what's happening at Sony's lounge in Manhattan today. I havent found the time it opens so I guess Ill just be in the city early. If there's anything about GT5 worth posting I'll let you guys & Jordan know.

walk with your camera and take some pics please
 
Enough with the dates.

Btw can someone explain the Datalogger trophy, it seems impossible to get.

I think all you have to do for that is look at the lap analyzer. Either that or compare two laps. I don't think it would be a reasonable trophy to have someone record a lap at one of the tracks in the game.
 
They're so bad-ass they don't even need sunglasses. :lol:
 
:lol: Hahahaha I just watched that Oil Change video, that's bloody epic!!!
 
:lol: Hahahaha I just watched that Oil Change video, that's bloody epic!!!

I wonder whether the animation would change for a premium car, since engines are modelled right?

Overall its been a pretty bad day for Sony with leaked videos of GT5, as well as the Michael Jackson song controversy. Hope tomorrow leads a release date statement
 
Guys! We need a GT5 release date video like this for the luls.

iphone 4 vs HTC evo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg some strong language

Somebody get on that!

I loved the intro by the way. The second part will come across much better in 1080p and with the sound system thumping, the music choice could be much better though. The first part was beautiful as is. PD totally gets why cars are so special to all of us.
 
I see PD still haven't been informed that the oil is poured in from the TOP
 
I know its about 8 hours late, but as well as Bugatti, Bentley etc. missing from the dealerships, Holden and FPV are too.
 
Back