GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,806,078 views
Have the backfire flames that happen at 1:09 been around for a while? Cant say I remember seeing them in any GT5 movies or in GT5P but I could just be blind...

Backfire started showing up at TGS so it hasn't been there for a while, but has definately been present.
 
I'm more happy that it's no longer have that silly "special" restriction to it, as it's racing along with other cars, though it seem rather matched poorly.

I see and yeah you're right that's definately a good thing.
 
Have the backfire flames that happen at 1:09 been around for a while? Cant say I remember seeing them in any GT5 movies or in GT5P but I could just be blind...

I haven't seen them in anything GT5 related, but they were in GT4
 
The reason it's called Black Friday is that many businesses are in the red until the holiday season, and as the official start to the shopping season this often puts them "in the black" I wonder, do you think the term "white Christmas" is racist too? Not every color used in a phrase denotes the color of skin, grow up.

"white" cant be racist, have you not noticed? get out a bit more maybe, watch some satire
 
What do we think could be the minimum time between the announcement of a release date and the game being released? Can anyone think of any precedent? Tomorrow is 14 days before the 26th, I do believe that if it's destined for the 26th, we'll know tomorrow.

Also, I think I should add that I'd be very very surprised if it's after Dec 3rd. Last payday before Xmas is a huge opportunity to miss, even for GT5.
 
I'm thoroughly convinced that the only reason Sony hasn't set a release date is the fear that they won't have product to meet the demand. After all my theories and brainstorming this is the only logical explanation. I bet Sony wants a Nov 23-Dec 3rd release but is afraid disks won't be everywhere in time. I could see them anticipating a vile public reaction if they either missed the date again due to manufacturing/shipping, or even worse missing the date in certain regions and doing a haphazard launch. My latest thought is as soon as X amount of units are verified shipped/received-THEN we will have our verified date from Sony.

As I`ve said before, the only thing thats certain this far is that sony are assholes! I think that is the only thing that is confirmed thus far.
 
Last edited:
Today in Poland we have independance day

Congratulations on that, by the way! Many of us watched Lech Walesa and his movement and are still very excited and proud to have witnessed what you Poles accomplished. I wish our current alleged leadership here in the USA would take a lesson; they may need another spanking.

Now, back to relevant topics: I heard the release day was yesterday and we all just overlooked it, being too busy hammering this forum. :dopey:
 
I saw video footage of a Porsche 911 GT3, a Lamborghini Diablo (1990-road car), a Lamborghini Diablo Nomad JGTC Race Car (Japanese version) and a Bugatti EB110 in Gran Turismo 3.

Only 2 of those were modeled for GT3: The 911 and the Nomad. Dunno what video you saw, but it was a fake. The other secret car in that game was the Stratos.

Your theory is entirely possible though; considering how quickly Ferrari was announced after GT4, it's entirely possible PD's created a few Standard-level models that we've not found. Though they've never shown up hidden in games like the GT3 cars, since GT4 and PSP haven't shown anything...

seconded, back in Gt4 even just changing the wheel changed the overall aura that my car gave off, it's like leaving the silly hubcaps on the S13 silvia while giving it a stage 4 turbo, gutted interior, racing suspension, it just doesn't hint that it's a track monster.

stock_s13silvia.jpg

Oh jeez, I forgot about the poor, awful Silvia. A perfect example of how important a good set of rims are 👍

Also... very cool to see one of the "Specials" back and in a proper racing pack. I have found at least one Standard I'll be enjoying :lol:. It looks like PD still uses power-to-weight ratio as the ultimate apparent equalizer, which just doesn't work with such a light car, even if the theory is sound.
 
How exactly is it racist ?
the place you live is racist in your way of thinking BLACK pool. jeez
it was called black Friday because of the amount of chaos the police and public transport have to cope with. the name has just stuck. no racism at all.

So everyone that has black Friday and everyone in Blackpool (and Blackrod lol) should really form some kind of team don't you think? maybe we should call ourselves the All Blacks :sly:👍 nobody will be using that
 
I gave the lack of Ferraris and Lamborghinis a thought. Many people suggested that more models could be unlocked=very possible but kinda unlikely because when you choose a manufacturer in GT5, it says sth. like: Cars you can purchase with your current level: number x of models, that, for me at least, means that all models are shown already, but not all can be bought
...... and so on, but this part interested me.


Right, think about the wording of that, "Cars you can PURCHASE at this current level". Now to me, all that means is that cars that are available to purchase as soon as you achieve a certain level and have the credits with which to do so, will be shown here. Cars you win as prizes (and only ever as a prize) are NEVER going to be purchasable, are they?


If you think about the wording it's totally rational that's there's plenty more cars we may see but you simply have to win in the game to get hold of them, and of course NOT seeing them in the dealerships from the outset will make it all the more surprising and rewarding for the player, rather than knowing every single car (or track) in the game from the outset.

It explains what some of the hidden achievements might be as well, winning a certain car or unlocking a certain track. The achievement and the car/track in the menus isn't revealed cos, you know... that's the whole point. I still don't know why people are expecting every car and track to be on a list somewhere from the outset, what other games so blatantly tell you everything before you even play through it. I for one am glad it's like this, as much as I want everything unlocked from the outset, having to work for it and play through and experience so many different cars and races will be a great reward in itself.

Good stuff!
 
Only 2 of those were modeled for GT3: The 911 and the Nomad. Dunno what video you saw, but it was a fake.

No, I do not think the footage is fake, a special about the GT3 release, look at 2:30 and 4:20.
Though no real evidence, but not that unlikely. Judge for yourself.

 
I really wish they would get rid of the rolling start...
 
Only 2 of those were modeled for GT3: The 911 and the Nomad. Dunno what video you saw, but it was a fake. The other secret car in that game was the Stratos.

Your theory is entirely possible though; considering how quickly Ferrari was announced after GT4, it's entirely possible PD's created a few Standard-level models that we've not found. Though they've never shown up hidden in games like the GT3 cars, since GT4 and PSP haven't shown anything...



Oh jeez, I forgot about the poor, awful Silvia. A perfect example of how important a good set of rims are 👍

Also... very cool to see one of the "Specials" back and in a proper racing pack. I have found at least one Standard I'll be enjoying :lol:. It looks like PD still uses power-to-weight ratio as the ultimate apparent equalizer, which just doesn't work with such a light car, even if the theory is sound.
S13 is a premium, you can see it in the Nissan premium dealer ship picture, as well as the S14,S15,180sx and nissan 300ZX/fairlady.
 
...... and so on, but this part interested me.


Right, think about the wording of that, "Cars you can PURCHASE at this current level". Now to me, all that means is that cars that are available to purchase as soon as you achieve a certain level and have the credits with which to do so, will be shown here. Cars you win as prizes (and only ever as a prize) are NEVER going to be purchasable, are they?


If you think about the wording it's totally rational that's there's plenty more cars we may see but you simply have to win in the game to get hold of them, and of course NOT seeing them in the dealerships from the outset will make it all the more surprising and rewarding for the player, rather than knowing every single car (or track) in the game from the outset.

It explains what some of the hidden achievements might be as well, winning a certain car or unlocking a certain track. The achievement and the car/track in the menus isn't revealed cos, you know... that's the whole point. I still don't know why people are expecting every car and track to be on a list somewhere from the outset, what other games so blatantly tell you everything before you even play through it. I for one am glad it's like this, as much as I want everything unlocked from the outset, having to work for it and play through and experience so many different cars and races will be a great reward in itself.

Good stuff!

i kind of agree in nfs shift there were a few cars that were given to you as a prize. like the bmw m3 gt2 was given to you for beating the game. So there might be some prize for beating gt5 :)
 
...... and so on, but this part interested me.


Right, think about the wording of that, "Cars you can PURCHASE at this current level"...

Well, you have a very valid point, could be.
 
I really wish they would get rid of the rolling start...

I dunno, on Forza it's very easy to get a good start (especially in a 4wd), banzai T1 and then control the race from there. Rolling starts prevent that, which is a good thing... although there is an art to doing the starts which can be enjoyable.
 
What do we think could be the minimum time between the announcement of a release date and the game being released? Can anyone think of any precedent? Tomorrow is 14 days before the 26th, I do believe that if it's destined for the 26th, we'll know tomorrow.

Also, I think I should add that I'd be very very surprised if it's after Dec 3rd. Last payday before Xmas is a huge opportunity to miss, even for GT5.

We should get a clearer picture tomorrow as most shops receive info on what stock they will be getting for the rest of the month. and going into early next week they also get shelving plans and promotion posters dvd's etc: someone earlier mentioned a Sony e-mail saying the ad campaign will start Monday so well have to wait and see.
 
my girlfriend is Brazilian, i need to be an expert of south america :)

haha...no the point is that here (i´m living at Spain) people is too racist and if you see in your face that you are "similar" they are kindly with you witch is happen to me...but compared with people from Ecuador or this kind of countries that they have a "native face" they are a little i don´t know the word (not everyone)...but they are different with those people. This is some kind of racism but nothing with colors or that stuff...
In Uruguay you can say to a "black guy" black...yeah i have friends and they are "black" but in my country this is not racism at all but in other it is.There is no racism at all with skin colors. In other countries some people have problems with that kind of things...and it is a shame.Is stupid too for me for saying someone black you are racist...cause in my country is something normal and friendly when you have confidence. One example : "che negro veni" in english: " hey black come here" ....sounds bad i know but in south America is not bad.
 
:scared:date or a car?

I got a girlfriend so... Besides the car is broken so I could have use of a new one. Not that I can afford one now as things are anyway... So I guess it means GT5 is gonna come soon after all :sly:
 
I dunno, on Forza it's very easy to get a good start (especially in a 4wd), banzai T1 and then control the race from there. Rolling starts prevent that, which is a good thing... although there is an art to doing the starts which can be enjoyable.
I just like a run up to the first corner with a bunch of cars going for the same position. It makes me think that they added rolling starts with the thought of adding damage. Whatever. Rolling starts do make races more difficult. The addition of qualifying for a race would be nice too.
 
i forgot to mention, the EB games i went to yesterday had gt5 posters and stuff everywhere, even a 7 ft tall poster on a stand with pre order boxes infront of it. it cant be that far off, if shops are taking the shipments of the game, i honestly do believe that sony doesnt want to announce a date until it is ready to be moved from the back rooms to the shelves, after the monumental cock ups over the last couple of release dates, they cant risk another official date being missed. its what i would do anyway.
 
Back