GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,806,627 views
I'm thoroughly convinced that the only reason Sony hasn't set a release date is the fear that they won't have product to meet the demand. After all my theories and brainstorming this is the only logical explanation. I bet Sony wants a Nov 23-Dec 3rd release but is afraid disks won't be everywhere in time. I could see them anticipating a vile public reaction if they either missed the date again due to manufacturing/shipping, or even worse missing the date in certain regions and doing a haphazard launch. My latest thought is as soon as X amount of units are verified shipped/received-THEN we will have our verified date from Sony.

Hear of NFSHP? That could be the reason as well. Sony wants to maintain a good relationship with EA and not piss the off by taking the thunder away from NFS.
 
Anybody of you played REVOLT? i love that track editor...(PC)
 
lol that sounds like one of these made-up Gamestop stories.
Why would a representative come over to say: "The news is there is no news."? :crazy:

They were in there because of the Move program, the Gamestop employees were a couple of girls who seemed like they couldn't care less about GT5 so I don't think they'd make it up. They also said the delay was because of a firmware problem.
 
Wow I remember that game Stunts!!!! Loved making my own tracks with heaps of loops etc. You sir just unlocked a whole bunch of memories from my childhood and I thank you.

You're welcome 👍
And yes, loops were crazy! And hard as hell to drive through them... :crazy:
 
Anybody of you played REVOLT? i love that track editor...(PC)

only the demo, actually i played it when i was going through an RC car phase, so it really connected with me at the time

looking back.. it was rubbish want it :lol:
 
only the demo, actually i played it when i was going through an RC car phase, so it really connected with me at the time

looking back.. it was rubbish want it :lol:

yeah haha ...to many years back i played and enjoy it a lot. But i love more how we can make tracks...it was easy and clean.
 
I'm thoroughly convinced that the only reason Sony hasn't set a release date is the fear that they won't have product to meet the demand. After all my theories and brainstorming this is the only logical explanation. I bet Sony wants a Nov 23-Dec 3rd release but is afraid disks won't be everywhere in time. I could see them anticipating a vile public reaction if they either missed the date again due to manufacturing/shipping, or even worse missing the date in certain regions and doing a haphazard launch. My latest thought is as soon as X amount of units are verified shipped/received-THEN we will have our verified date from Sony.

Nahhh... I bet they're just reading this forum and taking care of all our suggestions!!! Especially the ones about rims. And boy, those will take them some time to read... :sick:
 
He bought his copy in august, man that was way early (i'am talking about the guy who put up all the youtube vids)

"bought"?? haha yeah wright...
 
Hear of NFSHP? That could be the reason as well. Sony wants to maintain a good relationship with EA and not piss the off by taking the thunder away from NFS.

what about that: Sony is pissed of by EA because they made jokes about the delay, and NOW they try to bring out the Game before nfs. So they release with a big bang at november 15.

wild guess
 
I gave the lack of Ferraris and Lamborghinis a thought. Many people suggested that more models could be unlocked=very possible but kinda unlikely because when you choose a manufacturer in GT5, it says sth. like: Cars you can purchase with your current level: number x of models, that, for me at least, means that all models are shown already, but not all can be bought, that however applies only to the premium cars.
Let me explain: Others suggested more models could be purchased through the used car dealer, which in my eyes is not only very possible but also very likely, here's why: I saw video footage of a Porsche 911 GT3, a Lamborghini Diablo (1990-road car), a Lamborghini Diablo Nomad JGTC Race Car (Japanese version) and a Bugatti EB110 in Gran Turismo 3. Now I am very sure that they modeled some cars of that makers for themselfes to play with them at PD, but did not implement them in the game because they simply lacked the licence. You remember that during the GT4 making of, PD test drove a Ferrari 360 and a 911 Porsche? I think that is another sign that they modeled these cars either for GT3 or GT4, but of course only for themselfes, as I already said. That is the reason we did not see a 360 as a premium I think.
Well, the conclusion is, they modeled lots of such cars for GT3 and 4 and now these cars are coming as standards to GT5, I'm almost convinced about that.
 
You're welcome 👍
And yes, loops were crazy! And hard as hell to drive through them... :crazy:

Massive nostalgia flashback! I just remembered the game Hard Driving on Atari... Awesome. I might go pull the poster out of the game case now.
 
People are mad as we cannot change the rims on a standard car.

Only time you see your rims is in replay. Kinda like spinners. You might have them, but you can't see them on your own car when you driving. Now online I assume everyone wants to look good. But if we don't have livery your car won't stand out anyways. Last time I changed rims was in GT2 i believe. So if we can we can if not I will live.
 
did you see the video showing the Nissan GT-R...wow...nice improvements ...with lightning and shadows...when he is driving at the tunnel...amazing...and then the fire at the back. cool...
 
I gave the lack of Ferraris and Lamborghinis a thought. Many people suggested that more models could be unlocked=very possible but kinda unlikely because when you choose a manufacturer in GT5, it says sth. like: Cars you can purchase with your current level: number x of models, that, for me at least, means that all models are shown already, but not all can be bought, that however applies only to the premium cars.
Let me explain: Others suggested more models could be purchased through the used car dealer, which in my eyes is not only very possible but also very likely, here's why: I saw video footage of a Porsche 911 GT3, a Lamborghini Diablo (1990-road car), a Lamborghini Diablo Nomad JGTC Race Car (Japanese version) and a Bugatti EB110 in Gran Turismo 3. Now I am very sure that they modeled some cars of that makers for themselfes to play with them at PD, but did not implement them in the game because they simply lacked the licence. You remember that during the GT4 making of, PD test drove a Ferrari 360 and a 911 Porsche? I think that is another sign that they modeled these cars either for GT3 or GT4, but of course only for themselfes, as I already said. That is the reason we did not see a 360 as a premium I think.
Well, the conclusion is, they modeled lots of such cars for GT3 and 4 and now these cars are coming as standards to GT5, I'm almost convinced about that.
Sounds like a reasonable explanation
I'd be happy if the F50, F355 and 360 are in either way
 
Does anyone know where I can Pre-Order the 3000th Page on this thread ?

Will it be coming out this year/week/month ?

Who will Wheel in the announcemnt ? i'm on the Rim of excitment here :yuck:
 
Tekken90, can you tell us if there is LAN mode or multi screen support?
 
what about that: Sony is pissed of by EA because they made jokes about the delay, and NOW they try to bring out the Game before nfs. So they release with a big bang at november 15.

wild guess

Would be awesome! I don't care much for EA anymore, they've become too greedy & wierd!
 
That is definitely the full version of GT5. There are cars that have not been in any of the previous demos including the Caterham, Murcielago, Scudiera, etc.

nice lotus seven...
 
Count me as another who finds a good set of rims important in GT. It'd be hard to take the numerous dirty track-rat cars I had seriously if they all had stock rims.

seconded, back in Gt4 even just changing the wheel changed the overall aura that my car gave off, it's like leaving the silly hubcaps on the S13 silvia while giving it a stage 4 turbo, gutted interior, racing suspension, it just doesn't hint that it's a track monster.

stock_s13silvia.jpg
 
you guys wouldnt believe me if i told what i heard when i was at sony corporate in san diego for an interview and met someone pretty ****ing cool who works in LOGISTICS.

but anyways its ****ing awesome.
 
you guys wouldnt believe me if i told what i heard when i was at sony corporate in san diego for an interview and met someone pretty ****ing cool who works in LOGISTICS.

but anyways its ****ing awesome.

I'll bite, what did you hear.
 
Back