GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,806,006 views
you guys wouldnt believe me if i told what i heard when i was at sony corporate in san diego for an interview and met someone pretty ****ing cool who works in LOGISTICS.

but anyways its ****ing awesome.

if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit.... logistics?!
 
He just edited that post a load. Saying something about some bloke saying he'd get his 'copy?' before 1st Jan or something.
 
He just edited that post a load. Saying something about some bloke saying he'd get his 'copy?' before 1st Jan or something.

Yea that is what I saw too so he is probably safe to ignore.
 
Ahhhh the caterham!!! Excited. Also I love the sounds in these videos. The cars sound like such beasts!
 
you guys wouldnt believe me if i told what i heard when i was at sony corporate in san diego for an interview and met someone pretty ****ing cool who works in LOGISTICS.

but anyways its ****ing awesome.

I'll bite, what did you hear.

Let me guess: GT5 will be out before the end of the year, possibly Black Friday? But there's no hard proof to back any of that up.
 
I might be tripping, but i'm sure that's what it said before it was edited.
 
I just saw the GT-R video on High Speed Ring. Did anyone notice the odometer is gone?
 
He just edited that post a load. Saying something about some bloke saying he'd get his 'copy?' before 1st Jan or something.

yeah i saw this too...but the game will be in our hands last week of this month...so "mehhh" for that post..
 
Car sounds and tyre squeal much improved. This is going to sound so good when I get it home.
 
Let me guess: GT5 will be out before the end of the year, possibly Black Friday? But there's no hard proof to back any of that up.

I'll love to hear this guy give us his wonderful news.
 
Ahhhh the caterham!!! Excited. Also I love the sounds in these videos. The cars sound like such beasts!
Lotus Seven now Caterham. Nice and fun to drive...and drifting ;)
 
Only time you see your rims is in replay. Kinda like spinners. You might have them, but you can't see them on your own car when you driving. Now online I assume everyone wants to look good. But if we don't have livery your car won't stand out anyways. Last time I changed rims was in GT2 i believe. So if we can we can if not I will live.

*rolls eyes*
yeah never mind that changing to wider rims means wider rubber hence more surface area on the road, or that changing to bigger rims means less sidewall, which can increase or decrease performance in corners depending on how far you go, or if you decrease your rim size you can have more sidewall, which will let you run a lower tyre pressure giving your tyres room to flex instead of spin for drag racing(which as far as im aware we dont know is in the game or not). we will also totally ignore the fact that adding weight or removing weight from something that is mechanically connected to the engine both has the same effect as modifying your flywheel AND changing your braking characteristics. as it is rotational inertia and even the smallest changes make massive differences. just because YOUR personal experience with automotive modification is that limited that you dont understand such concepts does not mean that this omission from the game isnt detrimental to the games realism or depth. im sick and tired of reading ignorant people say "oh it doesnt make a difference to the cars"...making modifications where the drive train meets the rubber, and where the rubber meets the road DOES make a difference...end of story.
 
Let me guess: GT5 will be out before the end of the year, possibly Black Friday? But there's no hard proof to back any of that up.

not that i cant remember when the racistly titled "black Friday" is, but really.. if you want to surprise me then i need to be making new plans for THIS WEEKEND, so lay off the "sooner than you think" crap Sony ok? its not, its always going to be later now.
 
I gave the lack of Ferraris and Lamborghinis a thought. Many people suggested that more models could be unlocked=very possible but kinda unlikely because when you choose a manufacturer in GT5, it says sth. like: Cars you can purchase with your current level: number x of models, that, for me at least, means that all models are shown already, but not all can be bought, that however applies only to the premium cars.
Let me explain: Others suggested more models could be purchased through the used car dealer, which in my eyes is not only very possible but also very likely, here's why: I saw video footage of a Porsche 911 GT3, a Lamborghini Diablo (1990-road car), a Lamborghini Diablo Nomad JGTC Race Car (Japanese version) and a Bugatti EB110 in Gran Turismo 3. Now I am very sure that they modeled some cars of that makers for themselfes to play with them at PD, but did not implement them in the game because they simply lacked the licence. You remember that during the GT4 making of, PD test drove a Ferrari 360 and a 911 Porsche? I think that is another sign that they modeled these cars either for GT3 or GT4, but of course only for themselfes, as I already said. That is the reason we did not see a 360 as a premium I think.
Well, the conclusion is, they modeled lots of such cars for GT3 and 4 and now these cars are coming as standards to GT5, I'm almost convinced about that.

Sounds reasonable. I hope that's how it is. Though I don't think the Porsche made it into the game. :D
 
Lotus Seven now Caterham. Nice and fun to drive...and drifting ;)

yeeeeeesss words cannot describe how happy I'm to see that little sucker back for action in Gt5, one of my favorite car in Gt4 of all time.
 
yeeeeeesss words cannot describe how happy I'm to see that little sucker back for action in Gt5, one of my favorite car in Gt4 of all time.

hehehe 👍
 
yeeeeeesss words cannot describe how happy I'm to see that little sucker back for action in Gt5, one of my favorite car in Gt4 of all time.

Not a surpirse though eh? We knew all along that pretty much every car from GT4 and GTPSP will be in GT5.
 
*rolls eyes*
yeah never mind that changing to wider rims means wider rubber hence more surface area on the road, or that changing to bigger rims means less sidewall, which can increase or decrease performance in corners depending on how far you go, or if you decrease your rim size you can have more sidewall, which will let you run a lower tyre pressure giving your tyres room to flex instead of spin for drag racing(which as far as im aware we dont know is in the game or not). we will also totally ignore the fact that adding weight or removing weight from something that is mechanically connected to the engine both has the same effect as modifying your flywheel AND changing your braking characteristics. as it is rotational inertia and even the smallest changes make massive differences. just because YOUR personal experience with automotive modification is that limited that you dont understand such concepts does not mean that this omission from the game isnt detrimental to the games realism or depth. im sick and tired of reading ignorant people say "oh it doesnt make a difference to the cars"...making modifications where the drive train meets the rubber, and where the rubber meets the road DOES make a difference...end of story.

needs quoting, and this is far more compelling than the soppy "personalization" i am pushing, anyone that argues with this really cant be that interested in a racing sim, or racing at all come to that.
 
not that i cant remember when the racistly titled "black Friday" is, but really.. if you want to surprise me then i need to be making new plans for THIS WEEKEND, so lay off the "sooner than you think" crap Sony ok? its not, its always going to be later now.

The reason it's called Black Friday is that many businesses are in the red until the holiday season, and as the official start to the shopping season this often puts them "in the black" I wonder, do you think the term "white Christmas" is racist too? Not every color used in a phrase denotes the color of skin, grow up.
 
Not a surpirse though eh? We knew all along that pretty much every car from GT4 and GTPSP will be in GT5.

I'm more happy that it's no longer have that silly "special" restriction to it, as it's racing along with other cars, though it seem rather matched poorly.
 
Where the hell is Caterham video? Can somebody re-post the link, please? :) Thank you.
 
Back