GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,809,130 views
I see a clear difference between the damage model in the Lambo clip. Not huge. Not amazing by any stretch, but when the game looks, sounds and (seemingly) plays so good I find it impossible to care.
 
I created a cloud of words that shows the most commonly used in the gtplanet news to see what are the topics that created most expectations or hype these years. The word launch is not as common as I thought.

5eee0x.png

Something is wrong. I can't spot the word "soon"
 
I wonder is the hesitation because they are working furiously on a release day patch?
 
I'm still wondering where the mechanical damage went, all the early reviews mentioned it, and how the transmission would skip shifts and lose power, the car would pull left/right, blah blah blah.

Also, the E3 trailer showed almost instant deformation of the Evo when it clipped the wall, but here we have to slam into it multiple times at stupid speeds to replicate something less than that.

Something's up.
 
:lol: to all those that were saying how it was impossible for the demo sounds to change for the final game.
 
I'm still wondering where the mechanical damage went, all the early reviews mentioned it, and how the transmission would skip shifts and lose power, the car would pull left/right, blah blah blah.

Also, the E3 trailer showed almost instant deformation of the Evo when it clipped the wall, but here we have to slam into it multiple times at stupid speeds to replicate something less than that.

Something's up.

Itl have multiple damage models, probably three, to go with the three physics models. The most real Physics having the most extreme damage like the EVO in that vid. The people with stolen copies are omly using the easiest models. Reminds me of the way that the people who get hold of the Demos at shows are all really bad at GT5...
 
:lol: to all those that were saying how it was impossible for the demo sounds to change for the final game.

I love the engine sounds i'm hearing, even the "new" sound when cars hit each other, sounds more real. To be honest, i've yet to see something of GT5 i don't like. This game is going to be amazing!
 
tekken90, the damages are to minimum level right?

I've seen more serious damages in other videos, i believe that there are 3 levels of this.
 
Wow the damage simulation is far from from realistic especially the impacts but it is a step up from previous games in the series with no damage at all but I know I can not go 100+ mph right into a wall and keep driving normally with only a broken headlight and minor cosmetic damage.
 
@Tekken90

Does the leftmost icon reflect any change in the car? We can see it does repesent the tires temperature\stress quite well, but shouldn't the middle of the icon reflect the car crashes?
 
All this talk about engine sounds and damage etc. made me watch this scene again and again, damn you Sony.

 
Back