GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,811,178 views
Anybody notice this.

Untitled-2.jpg
 
If that's correct maybe it's something about "losing our senses" equivalent to "losing your mind waiting" maybe.

Literal translations are never quite in context.

Let U "go wild"

Let's go wild!!
 
Well, he was flipping between hi and low beams in the vid 👍 (can be seen)
 
Unfortunately, not yet.

Special Races looks like some kind of Missions, but I haven't seen any real glympse of "GT4 Mission" race-structure anywhere :(

I have the feel that in GT5 there will be no more one make races, at least has we used to know it, on the specific manufacturer's menu. On the A-spec events menu showned yesterday, you could have a glimpse of some of the "traditional" races you would once find there, like the Mazda MX-5's one make series. Unfortunately, it seemed that these sort of events was reduced (the one maker ones). From your above average knowledges of the game, do you have any indications about this?

@tekken90:

Thanks for your videos. I'd like to know if you have sorted a full list of the premium cars on the game that you could share, even if via PM, so not to affect those who have no wish to get it before having the game on their hands?
 
In that GRB STI rain video all the cars are known to be premium, except for the S15. And i couldn't tell if it was a premium model.
Here's the thing - on track and in replays, the cars are so small that the LOD can be nowhere near the level it would be in, say, a full-screen photo shot. Of course the darkened windows on standard cars give things away, but based on what I've seen so far, the detail on premiums seem to be wasted when it comes to the actual racing.
 
Lights on. On the other video you can see him changing it.

Also at the end of that video (subaru @ Monza) you can see the front of the car with flashing lights on/off
 
"Let U O Reru Sibi"

Since Japanese tends to have a soft spot for directly translating English words and phrases phonetically into Japanese... I actually think this could be something like "Let's go racing!"


So, you heard the man, LET'S GO RACING!

When they do, It's because there is no word for that in japanese, and when they do, they use katakana. Say it again, Katakana. But this was written in Hiragana. So it's japanese japanese, not english in japanese.
 
Headlight indication? lol

i'm curious whether we can turn the headlights on or they are automatic and we can just flash?
 
Here's the thing - on track and in replays, the cars are so small that the LOD can be nowhere near the level it would be in, say, a full-screen photo shot. Of course the darkened windows on standard cars give things away, but based on what I've seen so far, the detail on premiums seem to be wasted when it comes to the actual racing.

The detail for premiums was done so in later itteration's of the game they won't have to "recycle". They will already be @ maximum quality.
 
i am at work, and i was reading a little magazine from Media Markt (big retailer in western europe). and it was saying : "GT5 is not available yet, but will be at our store at the end of november"

i am still hoping for this november-release :)
 
Here's the thing - on track and in replays, the cars are so small that the LOD can be nowhere near the level it would be in, say, a full-screen photo shot. Of course the darkened windows on standard cars give things away, but based on what I've seen so far, the detail on premiums seem to be wasted when it comes to the actual racing.

I've always thought that would be the case.

My gaming background is combat flight sims, and over the last 10 yrs or more the aircraft modelling has become insanely detailed - but it is all wasted from the cockpit - ground and cloud modelling has more impact on "suspension of disbelief" than how good the plane / car looks...
 
even if via PM, so not to affect those who have no wish to get it before having the game on their hands?

Anyone who doesn't want any spoilers before they get the game would be utterly foolish to be in this thread in the first place.
 
I'm considering sending an email to Sony Poland or Sony Europe that i will help distribute all the copies of GT5 here in Poland just to make quicker release :ouch:
I can cover all cost of fuel for my car :)

Watching these gt5 movies on yt makes me more anxious then before!
 
i am at work, and i was reading a little magazine from Media Markt (big retailer in western europe). and it was saying : "GT5 is not available yet, but will be at our store at the end of november"

i am still hoping for this november-release :)

Your copy is on the way and will be delivered via flying pig:)
 
When they do, It's because there is no word for that in japanese, and when they do, they use katakana. Say it again, Katakana. But this was written in Hiragana. So it's japanese japanese, not english in japanese.

I stand corrected! :)

Hey, it was only a rough guess, cos trying to decipher an anagram of something not even in English and trying to gain any meaning from it was annoying my brain at how ludicrous that seemed, was trying to bring some common sense to the translation quest.

I've been studying Japanese recently as well, I know what you're talking about, I should have noticed that it was in hiragana, not katakana! Grah! Oh well something about losing our senses then it is!

P.S. Isn't there any native Japanese speakers on GTP at all that can help in situations like this?
 
The detail for premiums was done so in later itteration's of the game they won't have to "recycle". They will already be @ maximum quality.
Sure, I get that, but during racing and most of the replays, the car models are so small on the screen that the level of detail in premiums is wasted on you. I'm not saying it's wasted full-stop, of course during photo-shoots etc. that detail will be bring everything to life.

What I'm saying is almost a good thing, because it means that apart from the lack of cockpits, full beam lights, and panels falling off (none of which I'm bothered about), there is not that much noticeable difference between the standard and premium cars during an actual race. Again, only going off YouTube videos, so...might be different on my own TV.
 
When I wake up tomorrow I know it's going to crest 3,000 pages.

I wonder though if we will receive the release date before or after this occasion though
 
I stand corrected! :)

Hey, it was only a rough guess, cos trying to decipher an anagram of something not even in English and trying to gain any meaning from it was annoying my brain at how ludicrous that seemed, was trying to bring some common sense to the translation quest.

I've been studying Japanese recently as well, I know what you're talking about, I should have noticed that it was in hiragana, not katakana! Grah! Oh well something about losing our senses then it is!

P.S. Isn't there any native Japanese speakers on GTP at all that can help in situations like this?

It has already been properly translated as:

"It looks like the release date is about to be announced."

Thanks to Karoo.
 
Here's the thing - on track and in replays, the cars are so small that the LOD can be nowhere near the level it would be in, say, a full-screen photo shot. Of course the darkened windows on standard cars give things away, but based on what I've seen so far, the detail on premiums seem to be wasted when it comes to the actual racing.

Yesterday it was showed a car with darkened windows believed has being a premium (Nissan March).

Anyone who doesn't want any spoilers before they get the game would be utterly foolish to be in this thread in the first place.

Oh I agree with you. However, fact is that on the last 500 pages you can spot easily people talking about it.
 
Headlight indication? lol

I wonder if it's "push on push off" or just "push on-release off"

Would like to know before I build something to automatically flash 5 times in quick succession, like they have in the LM cars, push button once and lights flash a set number of times.
 
Yesterday it was showed a car with darkened windows believed has being a premium (Nissan March)
OK, so premium cars have tinted windows according to their real life counterparts - just goes to further support my point that at least during racing, the visual difference between standard and premium cars is not as bad as people first thought.
 
Back