GT5 Latest News & Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by gamelle71, May 27, 2007.

1. Shoe67

Shoe67

Do we get that in-game??

2. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Because its not real?

Looks like its something that the creators would like to have in a GT game.

Tell you what though, I envy anyone that has that darn GT showroom background, I could troll so many people if I had that :grumpy:

3. JacoJa

JacoJa Premium

4. DanishGambit

DanishGambit

The speed is in mph instead of kph as well.

5. THEPUNISHER

THEPUNISHER

I can't wait to play GRAN TURISMO 5 but also at the same time there is no reason to play it, sadly i'm just waiting for something that makes me jumps from bed and run like i never did and play it again and again and again.

6. Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi

[​IMG]

That car looks really sick, would love to drive that.
    But sadly the Dev's never put it in the game...

7. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

The devs can't put something in the game that they haven't done any work on.

8. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN (Banned)

9. GMHV8

GMHV8

I think the game might have a new bug since update 2.12.

Last night some friends and I were racing on Monaco, we all had Mirages, I had set the room for FWD only and 490pp. One of my friends was in his Mirage and could see his Mirage on his screen but to me and other players in the room he appeared as an R32 GTR he had used in a previous race on a different track.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues to this? Keeping in mind none of us have or have previously had modified hybrid/hacks whatever you call them.

10. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

I think it was at around version 2.09 or 2.10, but my friend who was hosting had set the room for an RX7 spec race at Lacuna Seca, but somebody somehow entered as the Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06. I'm guessing it's just a connection bug.

I also remember a bug where if you picked a dirt track in shuffle mode and entered the track with the car you were given, then changed to a road circuit, you would keep the car you were just given, while others who had not yet entered the track, had to do a new shuffle. This meant that you had a bad balance between the field, as the cars from the dirt track shuffle list are much more powerful than those in the shuffle list for tarmac circuits anywhere from 420PP below.

11. Emet_PL

Emet_PL

I won't make new thread just for that.. and this is overall discusion thread so.. ;)
    I have just noticed that they (PD).. have removed car reflection on the wet tarmack at SSR7.
    Pics on the left were taken almost 2 years ago, and these on the right were taken today.
    [​IMG]
    Ehh.. PD.. :confused:

ps. Sorry if my English is bad ;)

12. roflcoptor

roflcoptor

Funny that you mention this...

Last night, a group of us online had just finished a nascar race, then we moved on to a kart race, and one of the guys looked like he was still in his nascar (to the rest of us)... we had to restart the race, just to be sure.

So glad we weren't just all having one bad trip... :scared:

13. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

That reminds me... there was this video around a year ago with the same problem:

The old pictures appear to be on Panning Mode 3, as the newer ones are not. Try that photo option and you should see this reflective road.

14. Firehound427

Firehound427

Ah yes, I've had a similar problem recently. Me and my friend were fooling around on the Ring. We set it to Karts, on the Nurburgring 24h, with 100% rain and complete darkness (yep, we're crazy). My friend was driving an X2010 before the karting, and when we went out, I could still see him driving the Red Bull. It looked and sounded like an X2010, but went like a kart as he was obviously driving one.

15. Emet_PL

Emet_PL

Both are in the same mode. I know how to use Photo Mode in GT5 ;)
    There are no reflections.
    Well... check for yourself :)

16. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

So EU and US websites are getting updated to new design: Link

Link might not work after 8th as they are getting rid of the EU and US part of URL.

I personally think the new website looks a bit rushed, incomplete and currently a step back from current website. Maybe they are doing this new look earlier than they would like to get website up and running first with no problems like they have done with Asia. Then in time to add new things potentially like GT Academy and GT6 they have already been working on with new website layout, maybe EU relaunch of website will reveal new future of series. Hopefully there is some kind of GT announcement soon, next Playstation event is on 7th in Brazil so 8th being website update is perfect timing. Maybe I am reading too much into it but here's hoping :tup:.

17. PepeMickey

PepeMickey

Err..PD, the question is...Was that on purpose? or PD screwed up again..:dunce:

It actually kind of gave me a headache, it's similar to GT5's GT Life menu. I don't really use that much anyway but I remember it being easier to use a few months ago.

18. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Adjust the shutter speed. You need to lower it and focus in on the car.

19. Dionisiy

Dionisiy

20. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Wrong link?

21. Dionisiy

Dionisiy

Fixed link.

22. Matrihx

Matrihx

23. DaveTheStalker

DaveTheStalker Premium

It links to the very last post in the thread.

24. jBhIpS

jBhIpS

FINALLY DONE!
    Better late than never.

3 months after a hard work, made by one person only in Gran Turismo 5. Only game footage taken personally in honor of the 15th anniversary of Gran Turismo!

Si-UK likes this.
  25. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

^ That was awesome jBhIpS! Great editing as well, that must taken awhile to do. O.O Kaz should really see that, I'm very sure he'll love it. :)

Congratz on all that hard work, and happy 15th anniversay of Gran Turismo! :)

26. stiggygonzalez

stiggygonzalez

Wow great video,worthy of an official GT intro.:)

27. Lock2Lock

Lock2Lock Premium

Very nice video. Great job

28. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

As that kid in The Incredibles said "That was wicked!"

Thinking PD should outsource some of their presentations your way.

29. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Great video. Very well done. Your hard work in making the video is greatly appreciated as it was very enjoyable to watch. If there was an award for best video here on GTPlanet, this certainly should win it.:cheers:

30. Hayden

Hayden Premium

Nicely done Ferino!