GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
patriotzero
GT6 PS4 confirmed.

Its not confirmed from what I read they are basing this as fact without any hard evidence.

Its not confirmed until we see it happen.

That being said it is likely something to do with ps4 whether a confirmation of release or just a teaser.

People love jumping to conclusions. I mean yeah, most people know GT6 is pretty much certain to be on the PS4 but as above, it's not confirmed just by Sony announcing an event we all knew was coming in the the next 6 months.

and you're right... GT6 will be a PS4 game.... because the PS4 will be announced Feb20 dixit Gizmodo:

http://gizmodo.com/5980759/wsj-yes-sony-will-announce-the-playstation-4-on-february-20th
GT6 PS4 confirmed.

People love jumping to conclusions. I mean yeah, most people know GT6 is pretty much certain to be on the PS4 but as above, it's not confirmed just by Sony announcing an event we all knew was coming in the the next 6 months.

Agreed. Until PD or Sony straight up says "GT6 on PS4", absolutely no reason to post that it's confirmed when it actually is NOT.

R1600Turbo
Agreed. Until PD or Sony straight up says "GT6 on PS4", absolutely no reason to post that it's confirmed when it actually is NOT.

Well pretty much the logical point though.

I mean the PS4 is on its way and GT6 regardless won't be out for at least what 2-3 or more years. So i am betting that it will be on PS4.

I mean why make it a multi system game when everyone is always wanting the newest and best up to date hardware. Example in this theory is people buying the iPhones

I mean why make it a multi system game when everyone is always wanting the newest and best up to date hardware.

Everybody wants the newest and best hardware but can't always afford to do so on day one, theoretically it could actually make sense businesswise to still release GT6 this late in the PS3's life (which I think is ever more unlikely though, wouldn't it arrive sooner than we thought eh?), at least from PD's perspective.
GTA5 is a huge title yet to be released on current gen for example, although they aren't linked to Sony in the way PD is.

analog
Everybody wants the newest and best hardware but can't always afford to do so on day one, theoretically it could actually make sense businesswise to still release GT6 this late in the PS3's life (which I think is ever more unlikely though, wouldn't it arrive sooner than we thought eh?), at least from PD's perspective.
GTA5 is a huge title yet to be released on current gen for example, although they aren't linked to Sony in the way PD is.

Yep well just saying that's my opinion from judging the past.

Yeah well they delayed GTA 4 quite a few times too.

I am kind of not a big fan of rockstar's neglect for older game's servers after they release a new game. So probably when the new GTA comes out Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4's severs will be crap like the other game's servers. But besides that I am looking forward to it. Seems like it is going to be number one game award material.

Well pretty much the logical point though.

I mean the PS4 is on its way and GT6 regardless won't be out for at least what 2-3 or more years. So i am betting that it will be on PS4.

I mean why make it a multi system game when everyone is always wanting the newest and best up to date hardware. Example in this theory is people buying the iPhones

As stated, we can pretty much be sure it will be on PS4, but it's NOT CONFIRMED. Not sure what part about that post you didn't understand. And your release window is WAY off. I say we see it by the end of 2014 at the latest.

And what's this about multi-system games? GT6 certainly won't be one of them, so not sure why you brought that up.

R1600Turbo
As stated, we can pretty much be sure it will be on PS4, but it's NOT CONFIRMED. Not sure what part about that post you didn't understand. And your release window is WAY off. I say we see it by the end of 2014 at the latest.

And what's this about multi-system games? GT6 certainly won't be one of them, so not sure why you brought that up.

I guess you still don't get what I said. I never said it was or wasn't confirmed. So i don't know why you are telling me that.

I shouldn't have to put my opinion on everything I say when I gave hint of that.

I guess you still don't get what I said. I never said it was or wasn't confirmed. So i don't know why you are telling me that.

I shouldn't have to put my opinion on everything I say when I gave hint of that.

Maybe you should be a little more descriptive with your posts then. You made it seem like you were agreeing that it's confirmed to be on the system when it's not. You know what they say about assumption.

R1600Turbo
Maybe you should be a little more descriptive with your posts then. You made it seem like you were agreeing that it's confirmed to be on the system when it's not. You know what they say about assumption.

Yep it is ok. No problem.

I thought by putting things like "judging by the past" and "what i have seen" would substitute for "in my opinion". But it's ok no harm no foul

Gee, tell us more about how you hate GT5. Broken record, go play your PC sims and get over it. :rolleyes:

THIS.
I really don't care what you think.. So get over yourself.

Go ahead. Compile the evidence you think you have. I think you'll find the notion that the PS line has always been as powerful graphically as the most powerful PC's available at launch to be a ridiculous one, let alone using that as justification that the next one will be too as a result. The PS3 shipped with a year old, midrange GeForce 7-series when the GeForce 8 series was hitting store shelves at the same time. The XBox 360, with its better standalone GPU that launched a year earlier, also wasn't top of the line when it came out.

OK, now that we see what Orbis is probably going to be, with that crazy memory bandwidth.. Are you still going to try to tell me the PS4 won't be comparable to today's high end PC? Really? Console games can be optimized too, so the end result, what you see on the screen, could easily be better than today's high end PCs.

Last edited:

Last week I sent them an email about a possible appearance of the Disco Volante in GT5 but they didn't reply.

So I tried again today and I've just received a brief response from them:
"Sir,
this company shall not release a comment on the issue.
Best regards
Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera srl"

I think that in that way they've unofficially reconfirmed that something is going on and the Disco Volante will appear in Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
Last week I sent them an email about a possible appearance of the Disco Volante in GT5 but they didn't reply.

So I tried again today and I've just received a brief response from them:
"Sir,
this company shall not release a comment on the issue.
Best regards
Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera srl"

I think that in that way they've unofficially reconfirmed that something is going on and the Disco Volante will appear in Gran Turismo.

Possibility it's being modelled, & a possibilty once it's modelled will appear as a DLC for GT5, it may even be strictly for GT6 rather. For now a rumor is a rumor, so treat it as so with 50/50 expectations, so that way you don't get too disappointed if there's no release, or when it's released it feels like a nice surprise.👍

Two scheduled maintenance periods for next week.

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 12/02/2013 16:00 GMT
Finish: 12/02/2013 19:00 GMT

Start: 14/02/2013 16:00 GMT
Finish: 14/02/2013 19:00 GMT

Please note that the online service may be unstable during the maintenance. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

*Please note that the exact time of the maintenance may slightly vary.

granturismo.com: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d58776.html

Last edited:
Back