GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Look at it this way: We were complaining about skidmarks, we got them. We were complaining about damage, we got it. We were complaining about the reverse lights, we got them. We are complaining about the sounds..

I'm starting to think i have been ivisable banned from this forum, my opinion goes in one ear and out the other with you people? can you quote and comfirm my opinion is complete crap please? :lol:

I wonder the same!! maybe the things i said are not too interest

Low post count mate...

So, because some have low post count that opinion doesn't count?

Forum: A public meeting place for open discussion

How you can discuss if you not listen all the opinions?

Of course, but amazingly it never makes me directly arrogant or ignorant. Maybe you should try Guinness, whatever your drinking isn't working.

It all works the same way man, you either have a mad mean drunk, or you love everything that walks drunk, and wake up beside a Lagoon creature.

Thanks for agreeing with me. I find no reason to give examples of such behavior when it's quite easy to spot it. I'm a member of this site, and have been for a long time. I've been on here easily for about 5 maybe 6 years now. Don't let my post count fool you, I just don't feed the trolls or spend everyday on the forums. Heck I think I might have joined when I was playing GT3 to see if there were tunes for it. I was a member of another GT site that had people post lap times and have video proof of such. I forget the name of it because I don't think the site exists. Maybe it does but I haven't been there since GT4. At least on there the site was about the game. It was people who enjoyed the game. Not spoiled little children who want the 'biggest cookie' in the jar, and when they don't get it they spam their usual b.s.

This site used to be like that. It used to have people on here who were all about GT and the things it had to offer. Now it's filled with rotten mouthed fools who bash the very minutest of details like shadows on the hood or dashboard. Instead of saying how good it is to have that view to begin with we get a whole thread complaining about how GT5 isn't going to be the game it should be because they don't have that view for '800' cars. So what? Appreciation is what is lacking here, severely. I'm just ecstatic a new GT game is coming out, and finding out it now has damage, it has possible body upgrades, a return of the race conversion for some cars, a more detailed photo mode and b-spec mode, go-kart racing, and a track creator? I don't care so much for 'cockpit' view, I care about what GT has to offer in terms of the driving experience.

People will say GT isn't a real life Simulator, find one that is and costs 60 bucks! The point is you can't. People will say GT isn't a good way to learn how to drive a certain car or track, when in fact there are race drivers who's careers have started out because of this franchise. And there are also race drivers (like Lewis Hamilton) who say GT is as close to real life as it gets and prefer it to any other race game. When you hear 'racing game' to a large percentage of people, Gran Turismo is associated with that. Hell, type in Best Selling Racing Game on a search engine and see what pops up. You can go check out the information for yourself in best selling games for each system. You'll see GT games were #1 and #3 for the original PlayStation. Then you'll see the GT games were #2 and #3 for PS2. It doesn't matter so much as to what the naysayers think, mostly- Gran Turismo is the BEST racing game there is, the TOP SELLING racing game there is, and according to RACE CAR DRIVERS, the most ACCURATE racing game there is.

GT5 has improved on every aspect of GT titles of past, so why would anything change? It won't, it will just reaffirm Gran Turismo as one of the best and top selling games there is period, not just in a racing game category. So go ahead and complain about sounds, real drivers wear helmets that muffle the sounds of the engine, plus wear ear plugs to reduce that even further. Complain about a cockpit view that's only offered on 200 cars, most racing games don't even have that amount of cars in them. All the complainers do just that. Complain. If you have enough patience and enough resources, GT never sounded like a vacuum cleaner to me. GT never needed a cockpit view for me. GT never needed to have a livery editor for me. GT never needed to have damage perfection for me. GT never needed a track creator for me. But hey, we ended up getting some of that stuff anyway. Why be upset?

I totaly agree,

like you read my mind. 👍

Don't give me that low post count and decent grammar BS. If that's what you go by when judging an "opinion and or game" no wonder you stick to such low expectations.... Cheers.

I only confirmed you're not invisible, I didn't say anything about a low post count. The AUP applies to everyone and if you stick to it people are more likely to take you seriously...it also helps if you have a good attitude and something worth saying.

A low post count doesn't mean you get ignored, there are plenty of new members who have something worthwhile to say and are able to discuss it intelligently but with such a busy thread it's easy for posts to get missed. Older members who have built a decent reputation may appear to get more attention from other members that know them but that's life.

I only confirmed you're not invisible, I didn't say anything about a low post count. The AUP applies to everyone and if you stick to it people are more likely to take you seriously...it also helps if you have a good attitude and something worth saying.

A low post count doesn't mean you get ignored, there are plenty of new members who have something worthwhile to say and are able to discuss it intelligently but with suck a busy thread it's easy for posts to get missed. Older members who have built a decent reputation may appear to get more attention from other members that know them but that's life.

True, i guess i will stick with it until i see GT5 is really the racing game to pickup, and then i will pickup a Premium tag like you and boost my post count a little more.. thanks man.

Thanks for agreeing with me. I find no reason to give examples of such behavior when it's quite easy to spot it. I'm a member of this site, and have been for a long time. I've been on here easily for about 5 maybe 6 years now. Don't let my post count fool you, I just don't feed the trolls or spend everyday on the forums. Heck I think I might have joined when I was playing GT3 to see if there were tunes for it. I was a member of another GT site that had people post lap times and have video proof of such. I forget the name of it because I don't think the site exists. Maybe it does but I haven't been there since GT4. At least on there the site was about the game. It was people who enjoyed the game. Not spoiled little children who want the 'biggest cookie' in the jar, and when they don't get it they spam their usual b.s.

This site used to be like that. It used to have people on here who were all about GT and the things it had to offer. Now it's filled with rotten mouthed fools who bash the very minutest of details like shadows on the hood or dashboard. Instead of saying how good it is to have that view to begin with we get a whole thread complaining about how GT5 isn't going to be the game it should be because they don't have that view for '800' cars. So what? Appreciation is what is lacking here, severely. I'm just ecstatic a new GT game is coming out, and finding out it now has damage, it has possible body upgrades, a return of the race conversion for some cars, a more detailed photo mode and b-spec mode, go-kart racing, and a track creator? I don't care so much for 'cockpit' view, I care about what GT has to offer in terms of the driving experience.

People will say GT isn't a real life Simulator, find one that is and costs 60 bucks! The point is you can't. People will say GT isn't a good way to learn how to drive a certain car or track, when in fact there are race drivers who's careers have started out because of this franchise. And there are also race drivers (like Lewis Hamilton) who say GT is as close to real life as it gets and prefer it to any other race game. When you hear 'racing game' to a large percentage of people, Gran Turismo is associated with that. Hell, type in Best Selling Racing Game on a search engine and see what pops up. You can go check out the information for yourself in best selling games for each system. You'll see GT games were #1 and #3 for the original PlayStation. Then you'll see the GT games were #2 and #3 for PS2. It doesn't matter so much as to what the naysayers think, mostly- Gran Turismo is the BEST racing game there is, the TOP SELLING racing game there is, and according to RACE CAR DRIVERS, the most ACCURATE racing game there is.

GT5 has improved on every aspect of GT titles of past, so why would anything change? It won't, it will just reaffirm Gran Turismo as one of the best and top selling games there is period, not just in a racing game category. So go ahead and complain about sounds, real drivers wear helmets that muffle the sounds of the engine, plus wear ear plugs to reduce that even further. Complain about a cockpit view that's only offered on 200 cars, most racing games don't even have that amount of cars in them. All the complainers do just that. Complain. If you have enough patience and enough resources, GT never sounded like a vacuum cleaner to me. GT never needed a cockpit view for me. GT never needed to have a livery editor for me. GT never needed to have damage perfection for me. GT never needed a track creator for me. But hey, we ended up getting some of that stuff anyway. Why be upset?
Amen to that.:)

You couldn't be more right, looking through other threads to see these people who are supposed to be united and looking forward to the next big GT game together pick at each other, sometimes i just want to leave these forums. Funny how the most organised and well spoken forum i've ever been on can also be the least friendliest.

Here is a great idea, start an GT complaint thread!

Should be at page # 10,000 in no time.

Have your mindless testosterone based quarrels there or PM each other.

Grow up, have conversations, and don't bicker like kids.

I'm up for new news, not rehashed problems with the game, whatever they are.

Or carry on crying over spilled milk, I need a couple facepalms a day. :rolleyes:

I was happy with Prologue, and with GT5 I'll be happier.

But that's me :dunce: I guess.

It's too bad people who are content with the game (that's not out yet) are thrown under the bus here at GTPlanet. :odd:

To add: Prologue sounds good with my setup too!!!

It's too bad people who are content with the game (that's not out yet) are thrown under the bus here at GTPlanet. :odd:
I've never meant to do anything like that, I don't care if you hate the game or love it, I just can't stand it when some people are told to "not play the game" because they don't happen to praise the game from tip to toe.

Let's get back to the awesome things GT5 has to offer :dopey:
14x0aom.jpg

:drool:

Don't know how Nascar cars are built, but in the case of the Ferrai\Lambo\SLS, such a hard hit causing such deformation on the front part of the vehicle, wouldn't that render the vehicle useless?

I mean, couple the deformation we saw with some sensitive mechanical damage and it doesn't matter if don't like the look, the race would be over by the time you reach that state.

You couldn't be more right, looking through other threads to see these people who are supposed to be united and looking forward to the next big GT game together pick at each other, sometimes i just want to leave these forums. Funny how the most organised and well spoken forum i've ever been on can also be the least friendliest.

IMO, it's just a bad case of the "close to release jitters".

The almost 6 yr wait that has taken a high toll on nerves and expectations, is coming to a close soon.

Once the game is released I think the mood here on GTP will swing back to one of more praise and game play aspects, as opposed to anxious worries and complaints. Although I'm sure there will still be some of that too.

While I'm very much looking forward to the release and finally being able to play the game, this apparent "transitional standard/premium car concept" concerns me. There's never been a GT with that before and it just makes me wonder how that could be a good thing. (I guess thats my anxious worry)

Otherwise, there is plenty to be enthusiastic about. ;)

Don't know how Nascar cars are built, but in the case of the Ferrai\Lambo\SLS, such a hard hit causing such deformation on the front part of the vehicle, wouldn't that render the vehicle useless?

I mean, couple the deformation we saw with some sensitive mechanical damage and it doesn't matter if don't like the look, the race would be over by the time you reach that state.

The car manufacturers wont let their cars be completely destroyed in a game.

For the 100 000th time, the car manufacturers wont let their cars be completely destroyed in a game.

Is this one in your opinion completely destroyed?

vauxhall-insignia-scores-five-stars-in-euro-ncap-safety-test-01.jpg

It's an Opel Insignia which got a five stars rating in the EuroNCAP frontal crash test. There's extensive damage with ample front end chassis deformation and dislocation or the visible wheel, however the driver/passenger cabin is completely intact. The car does feel safe.

If this amount (I'm not speaking of detail) of damage was implemented, I would be more than happy. However, from what we've seen until now, it seems that only hood, bumpers and wheel arches get affected, although they are in a detailed way. There's no chassis deformation at all. If I was magically able to affect PD development at this time, I would tell them to think less of the details, and more to the point of what damage affects in a car, as the current results look weird, although they are impressive. I'm not sure it's a matter of manufacturers not wanting their cars destroyed.

^^ Would it still drive after that crash tho? That's what the manufacturers don't want - seeing their product broken on the side of the track.

Edit: @ Akira..

If you're crashing all the time then you must be a bad driver and need to practice your racing a bit more.

In some ways the damage scales are there as a bonus, to add a little realism.
It's not there so people can run Demolition Derby events.

Is this one in your opinion completely destroyed?

vauxhall-insignia-scores-five-stars-in-euro-ncap-safety-test-01.jpg

It's an Opel Insignia which got a five stars rating in the EuroNCAP frontal crash test. There's extensive damage with ample front end chassis deformation and dislocation or the visible wheel, however the driver/passenger cabin is completely intact. The car does feel safe.

If this amount (I'm not speaking of detail) of damage was implemented, I would be more than happy. However, from what we've seen until now, it seems that only hood, bumpers and wheel arches get affected, although they are in a detailed way. There's no chassis deformation at all. If I was magically able to affect PD development at this time, I would tell them to think less of the details, and more to the point of what damage affects in a car, as the current results look weird, although they are impressive. I'm not sure it's a matter of manufacturers not wanting their cars destroyed.
I'm pretty sure damage encroaching on the engine bay isn't allowed by car makers.

Damn. And here we have people complaining the damage isn't good enough.

I'll admit, the NASCAR damage is awesome, but the other cars look a bit funky. Nothing a bit of code tuning can't fix though.

I'm pretty sure damage encroaching on the engine bay isn't allowed by car makers.

I thought their fears were to show that their cars are unsafe in a way or another, which in my opinion means showing extensive damage to the cabin, making the player/spectators wondering for the driver's health.

For example this one feels unsafe (and it is):

slide02.jpg

Last edited:
I thought their fears were to show that their cars are unsafe in a way or another, which in my opinion means showing extensive damage to the cabin, making the player/spectators wondering for the driver's health.

For example this one feels unsafe (and it is):

slide02.jpg

Yeah, that is the MAIN issue, because it "shows" their car is "unsafe." Even then, no game with licensed vehicles have the damage going past the engine. You'd see the bumper and all that jazz, but at most you'll get damage up to the radiator of the car.

I can see small nudges\bumps dislocating the bumper and causing scratches not overwhelming your chances of completing the race... but what's the point if you suffer such severe accident and still be able to complete a last place\30 minutes lap on The Ring using a broken, twisted Ferrari limited to 50kph just because manufactures don't want their cars reaching a completely stop on the track?

Just press Start and hit Retry\Exit or make the game disqualify you already (black flag) instead of letting you wander around just being a nuisance on the track.

People seems to diss on the damage for it's looks and the fact that it really doesn't prove to be a real threat for the player race, at least not until now. But what when PD pair the two things? A couple of laps to go on an Endurace race (let's say Cote D'Azur, because the track is narrow and the AI cars makes more mistakes) and you hit the concrete at the chicane? Oh man, that would be so not nice =(

Something tells me that even if GT5 had iRacing physics, GTR sounds, Burnout damage, Forza customization, NFS Shift max PC graphics and more content that ever seen in a video game people would STILL complain. Sheesh. What does it take to be satisfied around here.

Back