GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Yeah, that is the MAIN issue, because it "shows" their car is "unsafe." Even then, no game with licensed vehicles have the damage going past the engine. You'd see the bumper and all that jazz, but at most you'll get damage up to the radiator of the car.

That one shows the car as unsafe (Brilliance BS6).
But the previous one (Opel Insigna) doesn't in my opinion, because the cabin is not affected at all, damage doesn't go past the engine (driver side) as you say.

@Shirakawa, Reims_ and phosphor112

Then we should not expect the frame of the car being affected by damage, right? I mean, with the inclusion of roll-over and all...

I think there might be some very slight deformation of the cabin in such situation in the game (just to hint that the car rolled over), but nothing severe like this or worse:

360_20080330_002.jpg

Being a passenger in sports cars must really suck. >_>

By frame, I mean, the structure. I can see some dents, yes. But what about cars that don't have a roof (it doesn't have a "structure" to begin with)?

Yeah I've wondered how they were going to do roof damage. Should be interesting to see. I think on, say, a MX5 the roll over hoops might get scratched a little.

From what I know most tracks require open cars to race with their roof up. Also most modern open cars have rollbars which (should) prevent driver damage in case of roll over.
Maybe PD will exploit these "rules" (in addition to the "no severe deformation to the cabin" one) to avoid showing potentially visually gruesome damage to open cars. I hope they won't disable rollovers on them (by artificially limiting the car inclination angle like in past games).

I'm just speculating, though. We'll have to wait for the full game to find out, I guess.

I'll admit, the NASCAR damage is awesome, but the other cars look a bit funky. Nothing a bit of code tuning can't fix though.

Yes, because the other cars don't deform like NASCAR.

Right now I'm expecting little from damage since it's PD's first time and it would actually be hard to nail the right damage for each material, though I don't it would be much of an issue to add since each panel is separate now.

Let's hope we see different types of damage in GT6 - trading paint will scratch off the paint, carbon fiber and plastic cars are brittle and break, and the old muscle metal will get dents and be more resistant to mechanical damage, etc.

Just saw the US GT5 back cover(or a faked one) on GAF with the sema 05 winner car. It was taken off :/ 30s later.

Why come on this site to bash GT or complain about it?

Erm, this is a forum, right? Is the site called GTLoversLane, did I miss a memo that sates I can't have an opinion on the game other than praise and worship? Are we all supposed to drink the Kaz Kool Aid and see every aspect of the game as perfect?

Last edited:
This tests (adac/ncap) are made with low speed (if i remember correctly 55km/h or 65km/h)
It completly changes from safe when crashed at 90km/h

But it's a good benchmark to begin with...

The brilliance was forbidden to sell in Europe i believe due to this test?

The problem isn't opinion, it is people who think that no one else has a valid point of view, and it happens here quite regularly. Someone praises GT or PD, and they are practically spat upon by another for having such a view. Ditto the process when someone has a criticism of the game. Either way, quite often the actual substance is ignored (as is an attempt to discredit it), while the insults and character assassinations press on.

Maybe people aren't prepared to debate a point. GT is something that we've paid for in the past and will continue to in the future, and that gives us every bit of a right to criticism and praise, but certainly not one to silence others.

The problem isn't opinion, it is people who think that no one else has a valid point of view, and it happens here quite regularly. Someone praises GT or PD, and they are practically spat upon by another for having such a view. Ditto the process when someone has a criticism of the game. Either way, quite often the actual substance is ignored (as is an attempt to discredit it), while the insults and character assassinations press on.

Maybe people aren't prepared to debate a point. GT is something that we've paid for in the past and will continue to in the future, and that gives us every bit of a right to criticism and praise, but certainly not one to silence others.

Why must you make so much sense!!!!????!?!?!?!

Yes, because the other cars don't deform like NASCAR.

Right now I'm expecting little from damage since it's PD's first time and it would actually be hard to nail the right damage for each material, though I don't it would be much of an issue to add since each panel is separate now.

Let's hope we see different types of damage in GT6 - trading paint will scratch off the paint, carbon fiber and plastic cars are brittle and break, and the old muscle metal will get dents and be more resistant to mechanical damage, etc.

That sort of stuff wont happen in GT6. Mark my word. That would need more memory. It'll happen on the PS4 for sure though.

Erm, this is a forum, right? Is the site called GTLoversLane, did I miss a memo that sates I can't have an opinion on the game other than praise and worship? Are we all supposed to drink the Kaz Kool Aid and see every aspect of the game as perfect?

:lol: 👍

Great comment.......................IMO.

This one too.

Did it look something like this?

I have a dumb question about the cover shown. Why would PD put a car on the cover that's supposedly only available if done via pre-order @ GameStop? The original cover shown with the red car seems to fit properly. Are they releasing the game with multiple box-arts? (I know they did this in GT3 but unsure about GT4)

I have a dumb question about the cover shown. Why would PD put a car on the cover that's supposedly only available if done via pre-order @ GameStop? The original cover shown with the red car seems to fit properly. Are they releasing the game with multiple box-arts? (I know they did this in GT3 but unsure about GT4)

That's not the real cover. It's a special cover that was created for the Game Stop conference. The SLS AMG is still the real cover car.

A little common sense and consideration would help though...something quite a few seem to be lacking.

Take damage: Common sense would tell you it's PD's first stab at damage, that the Best Buy demos are being used as damage simulators right now and that the damage OS will need to be tweaked for years to come. Consideration would be that the PS3 simply couldn't manage the additional amount of processing power needed to get anywhere near realistic procedural damage...it would need more polygons, more variables and more complex algorithms.

This is PD's first ever damage implementation...not the third. This is PS3, not PS4.

I really don't mind reading reasonable disappointment but it bugs the hell out of me to read people that want the world on a plate.

Right then guys, time to follow @subwayfreshbuzz on twitter. They're giving away 50 copies GT5 soon, and if all goes to plan a few weeks before it's even released. Just click the link when they tweet it and enter your E-Mail. (US only). I don't know exactly when it will be tweeted, but apparently soon.

User SolidSnakeX has already won, so don't think it's impossible.

(PROtip, copy your E-Mail and be ready to paste it to save a couple of seconds.)

Wow. I was already doing it, and refreshing the twitter like crazy. Next thing I know it shows up and says (Posted less than 20 seconds ago) and it already said I missed the Frenzy

Back