GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
GT5-Demot.jpg

:dunce::lol:

Is it just me or has PSN been really slow in recent days? Maybe they are preparing the severs to handle all the GT5 demo downloads. :scared:

Just wishful thinking. Either way I wouldn't care, less than two months till it's released. :sly:

Is it just me or has PSN been really slow in recent days? Maybe they are preparing the severs to handle all the GT5 demo downloads. :scared:

Just wishful thinking. Either way I wouldn't care, less than two months till it's released. :sly:

Nope. No speed differences for me. Snappy as always.

How will 3D work in the game, surely it is something you either turn on or off via an ingame option? If for some reason you dont have the 3.30 firmware update or higher you should still be able to play the game in 2d I would imagine?

I highly doubt it. Recent "security issues" have prompted the release of 3.42. Given sony's track record of forcing firmware updates to play the latest games (as on the psp) in order to combat this, 3.42 will likely be a mandatory requirement to play GT5.

I was just hoping the 458 would smash the SLS in return or try to attempt to break free! I don't like how it just takes punishment like that. It needs some emotion like a true human driver.

Still, the game looks cool.

3.30 was the firmware that enabled 3D wasn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if 3.42 wasn't a requirement when it's all said and done.

Yeah, that was exactly the update that enabled 3D support for games.
And another update is going to be released that adds 3D support for Blu-Ray movies.

To all the guys playing the demo.
Could you please try braking at high speed to lock all wheels.
Whilst doing this down a straight could you then try to steer whilst all wheels are locked.

This was an error present in prologue and I am interested to see if it's gone.

Thanks in advance guys.
No need for a vid if it's too awkward but if someone could try it would be appreciated.

Whilst doing this down a straight could you then try to steer whilst all wheels are locked.

Thanks in advance guys.
No need for a vid if it's too awkward but if someone could try it would be appreciated.

Are you sure it's error?It's exist in Forza 3 too!

Thanks in advance guys.
That experiment would not be very clean, because in GT5:P you have to switch ABS completely off on Quick Tune screen, otherwise it is set to 1 even if it seems to be "off" in menu screens.

To those who have played GT5 Prologue and had a blat Online...

What is the bandwidth consumption like? I mean, if someone got some mates together for a 60-90 minute race or the like. How much MB's (hopefully not GB's) will I have used up?

You can steer if your wheels are locked in real life. You'll just suffer with worse braking. You'll see it in F1 and other sorts of racing. Turning is harder but still possible. To the demo drivers maybe you can do something more than just crash? I think it's great that we have damage and all, but I wanna see a clean lap. Maybe a real life track like Indy in a Nascar to see how accurate it is to real life.

Thanks in advance guys.

You wont be able to lock the wheels in the demo because you can't turn ABS off in it. GT5P however you can and from memory you couldn't turn (maybe a lust a little) while locked with ABS off.

What I would like to see from these demos is someone trying to flip their car. To see what the damage is like then and to see how the physics react to a rolling car.

Anyone up to the task?

What I would like to see from these demos is someone trying to flip their car. To see what the damage is like then and to see how the physics react to a rolling car.

Anyone up to the task?

Don't think the cars can flip in the demos, A few occasions during heavy head on crashes (damage checks...) the car flies up in a kind of awkward way like it's roll has been restricted.

Anyone up to the task?

Impossible task because no demo has released physics. You will probably have to wait either TGS (less likely to be shown for public play) or November (most likely).

that makes sense. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone has tried or knows that it probally cant be done.

Guess I gotta wait for the 2nd.

Impossible task because no demo has released physics. You will probably have to wait either TGS (less likely to be shown for public play) or November (most likely).

less likely in November, cause we all know somebody is gonna break the street date for GT5 and have videos everywhere early.

I am going to wait until next week to stop by Best Buy and try it out for myself. I probably won't record anything, but I want to try out the glitch in the physics that's always bugged me (and see if it's still there)

Burnout with the front locked and the rears going, and turning either way. If you have the wheels turned left, the car will go right. And vice versa.

To those who have played GT5 Prologue and had a blat Online...

What is the bandwidth consumption like? I mean, if someone got some mates together for a 60-90 minute race or the like. How much MB's (hopefully not GB's) will I have used up?

Uses almost nothing.

Latest Posts

Back