GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Hahaha, good point. In my thoughts, I respected the idea of mechanical damage, but neglected the idea of wear in an endurance race.

The visual damage is interesting and I'm sure would be fun to play around with, but I also think that it might be useful as a good register of the damage done to your vehicle by some online punter.

For most visual damage provides a sort of adrenaline rush or a sort of curiosity especially with procedural damage where no two crashes are alike.

I think for some, they just love destruction; same as how America is perceived to love sex and violence.

It reminds me of the people who watch Nascar hoping to see some sort of epic crash.

Key Features:
• Over 800 car models
• 35 tracks, 60 layouts
• Mission mode
• Arcade mode
• Player to player car trading

http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/produc...lebase&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_campaign=games

Block buster seem to think player to player car trading is possible, has this been mentioned anywhere else as I do not recall?

Does not make sense to have this feature, I thought the only reason to sell a car to somebody else was if you could make it unique, but without a livery editor how will this be possible to make a car unique or desirable enough for somebody to buy it from you? of course maybe for certain cars that are hard to unlock somebody can buy a car that they can't win, but a better way would be to just download a save game. ( if you are the cheating type)

Anyway maybe there is no truth in it? thought I would post anyway.

The visual damage is interesting and I'm sure would be fun to play around with, but I also think that it might be useful as a good register of the damage done to your vehicle by some online punter.

That's mainly the point for me too ( although not just for online punters ), knowing visual damage probably won't be permanent it's just another immersion factor and reminder your car is damaged mechanically as well, the mechanical damage seems more "real" because of it during the time of an event ( after which it will probably magically be pristine again ) so any imperfection concerning accuracy is of temporary concern.

Lan seems to be confimred down here too. (forgive me if I am slow but did KY say lan was a maybe) unless network refers to just online?

8wikqu.jpg

Lan seems to be confimred down here too. (forgive me if I am slow but did KY say lan was a maybe) unless network refers to just online?
Network means online, not LAN.

It says drift, i like the sound of that ;)

Drift is nothing new. It was in GT5P and has been part of GT5 for as long as I can remember.

Aren't those from the NEWS page? Aren't those the same ones our members posted days ago?
Why yes, yes they are.

-> ...

=S2000 Pic=
^ Yay! An S2000 other than the Amuse GT1! :dopey:

Is this the first we've seen of that S2000?
^ Yes, thats the Papadakis S2000 drift car that won the SEMA show few years back. It took a while to finally confirm it! :dopey:

I would like the sound of "D1GP license" even more :nervous:
^ It might be, just like GT4. Remember GT4 had those D1GP windshield banners on most of their drift cars. ;)

Network means online, not LAN.

Aren't those from the NEWS page? Aren't those the same ones our members posted days ago?
Why yes, yes they are.

Sorry if they are on the news page, my bad:tup:

Does "LAN" not mean local area network? Does online not mean online?

"Network" could mean either both online or Lan surely not or do I need to apologise again?💡

3.30 was the firmware that enabled 3D wasn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if 3.42 wasn't a requirement when it's all said and done.

WHat makes less sense is that there was a 3d prep update, then there was another 3d update and finally the 3d movie update is coming SOON.

WHat makes less sense is that there was a 3d prep update, then there was another 3d update and finally the 3d movie update is coming SOON.

How will 3D work in the game, surely it is something you either turn on or off via an ingame option? If for some reason you dont have the 3.30 firmware update or higher you should still be able to play the game in 2d I would imagine?

it says customize your cars. Livery maybe?

Customization is still largely unknown.

I would never rule out a livery editor, but it could be a paint shop and body mod shop.

We saw a tiny glimpse at Gamescom with a picture of the carbon hood option, but that must have been the tip of the iceberg.

Back